Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

Kodak back on his ****

Close To The Grave

33lpgs9.jpg.gif

Kanye and Drake..

I mess with both of them musically. Both created niches in music and have become / became hip hop legends.

But I've always personally felt 808's and Heartbreak paved a way for a lot of new rappers to sing-rap. Maybe it coincided with autotune's popularity, but that alubm def let people know you could make bread singing over hip hop beats.

With that said, theres no 808s and Heartbreak without Kid Cudi, so it aint totally Kanye.

Now back in 2009,2010 , Kanye was the top of the heap. Son was dropping MBDTF, one of the most sonically pleasing albums in recent history.

At the same time, Drake was blowing up the Internet . So Far Gone was a tape that we aint ever seen before. TML was on it's way and picking up steam.

Anyone remember the interview Kanye did when he was in Rosewood mode with the suits? He BEEN felt Drake as a threat to the throne, as he should have - he basically said He was in the crib or the car with the radio on and all he heard was MISS ME w/ Lil wayne, and felt he had to
drop something (hence See Me Now w/ Beyonce).

I think Kanye has always been shady about his dealings with Drake. Could be wrong, and maybe they possibly have had a real friendly relationship, but to me it's always seemed like Kanye and Drake were on some "feel eachother out, lets big eachother up, we the kings of rap but i dont really like you " steez, with Drake actually letting his guard down way more.

And Kim just playing her role :lol: Never took anything from her about music or culture serious.

:lol:

He really putting they bidness in the street like this.

trynafeelmink trynafeelmink get yo mans and nem

Business in the streets? the ***** got "beef" with ye but is asking mutual friends to clear samples for him. And has been throwing shots at him for months after Kanye already publicly stated he ain't have no beef with him.

It ain't like these some street ****** who gonna do anything when they see eachother... Not to mention Rap ****** do this type of **** (x10) everyday and be threatening violence through IG post. And these be the so called "real ******".

I know dudes ain't rockin with Ye now but i'm not gonna sit here and act like this some out the ordinary ****.

Nelly, 50 and Ja did it way before him. And before them there was bone and Domino
Ja did it and got killed for it. After 50 killed Ja, he jumped on because there is always more money in the crossover.

But the melodies the folks you mentioned put out were not 100 percent the same as singing about feelings which was 808's, Cudi's, and Drake's lane.

Yes what I meant was singing about vulnerability.

Of course "if you wanna go and take a ride with me
and "ja you a window shopper"

are definitely melodies, but the content was different.

That Kodak hard but it's cold and foggy outchea I'm bumping Benny

The butcher, I'm back recruitin'
We posted up like Olajuwon back from Houston
The streets, I adapted to it 'cause I was attracted to it
Took the I-95 from Dade to Massachusetts
You know how the trappers do it, blocks like Patrick Ewing

Lease a few 100K out the streets, no tax included
Ain't ask for nothin', I never had to do it
I came home on schedule, ain't have to rat to do it

tenor.gif

to keep it a buck Gucci and Waka been doing the same **** for years, but perception.

Cmon bro you know that ain’t even close to being the same

Gucci and Waka like brothers all their fallouts were over actual personal **** and situations, they not industry homies tryna out compete each other for the spotlight bro :lol: :smh:

That’s more like a Kanye and Jay big/lil bro type relationship, not this other weird passive aggressive ****

Last edited:
Cmon bro you know that ain’t even close to being the same

Gucci and Waka like brothers all their fallouts were over actual personal **** and situations, they not industry homies tryna out compete each other for the spotlight bro :lol: :smh:

That’s more like a Kanye and Jay big/lil bro type relationship, not this other weird passive aggressive ****

Look i know how ya'll feel about Gucci so this is the last i'm gonna speak on this cuz i ain't got the energy to do it today. But the point you made, makes the fact that they have been in interviews & tweets dissing eachother for years even weirder.

****** could have EASILY sat down, instead they too got their twitter fingers on, they too went on radio & made it a public matter. I'm just calling a spade a spade.

That Kodak hard but it's cold and foggy outchea I'm bumping Benny

The butcher, I'm back recruitin'
We posted up like Olajuwon back from Houston
The streets, I adapted to it 'cause I was attracted to it
Took the I-95 from Dade to Massachusetts
You know how the trappers do it, blocks like Patrick Ewing

Lease a few 100K out the streets, no tax included
Ain't ask for nothin', I never had to do it
I came home on schedule, ain't have to rat to do it

tenor.gif
I took green n white and painted da streets like a celtics fan...38 is speshil!

Look i know how ya'll feel about Gucci so this is the last i'm gonna speak on this cuz i ain't got the energy to do it today. But the point you made, makes the fact that they have been in interviews & tweets dissing eachother for years even weirder.

*****s could have EASILY sat down, instead they too got their twitter fingers on, they too went on radio & made it a public matter. I'm just calling a spade a spade.

I don’t think any of these _’s handled their situations correctly but when it’s personal it’s way deeper than just some petty “you told me you was gonna save that beat for me” bull**** :stoneface:

These _’s literally beefing over some music industry **** man, that’s not even real beef :lol:

IMO it’s even more understandable when you see _’s in those type of situations making outbursts. When you feeling like your fam/brother wronged you on some personal family **** thats a whole another type of thing to have to navigate. Different type of emotions and hurt. Picking up the phone is wayyyy easier said than done w something like that.

Back
Top Bottom