Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

and joe has said numerous times now that he's not gonna listen to the music based off the antics, I just watched the episode and all the man said was he's not a fan of the music because Kodak acts childish....... what exactly is so blasphemous & outrageous about that.

If you know you like a certain maturity level & vibe to your music, and everything that artist showcases is the opposite of that why would you go listen to full projects from them. I'm sure Joe has heard a few Kodak verses in passing, that would be enough to decide whether you wanna hear more or not

Ok. That's cool if he never listens to his music. Leave it at that. He went on to say stuff that's just straight up false.

And Ak don't do a good job at putting somebody on new music. He just say it's street music and that's it. His music is not just ignorant kill a _ type. He talks about the downs of that **** too.

The n***** saying dumb **** and asking does Kodak make music for 40 year olds yet champions Uzi who he, despite Uzi saying it himself, claims makes music for 25 year olds and under :lol:

Ya'll dudes just don't like Budden & that's fine but ya'll be straight up ignoring things he says on the show & twisting up his words.

He Said CLEAR AS DAY that he knows uzi doesn't make music for his age group, however he's admitted to liking Uzi songs in the past so he wants to continue to hear them. However he thinks this SPECIFIC project is trash. What is stupid about that. ya'll ****** are forever talking about him being dismissive to music he doesn't hear........ and then criticize him when he listens and doesn't like the project, despite clearly stating he's enjoyed other music from the artist

He said CLEAR AS DAY that Kodaks antics are the main reason why he will not listen to his music. Ak then went on a tirade telling him that Kodak makes music for the streets........ Joe asked him if he thinks Kodak is making "street" music that is for 35-40 yr olds (the answer is clearly no). So again what is the issue

He's heard enough Uzi tracks that he likes, and he said he's a fan of Uzi as a person. He's heard no Kodak songs that caught his attention & likes nothing that Kodak has shown personality wise.......... i'm not seeing what is outrageous about being able to distinguish between two characters to like

Ya'll dudes just don't like Budden & that's fine but ya'll be straight up ignoring things he says on the show & twisting up his words.

He Said CLEAR AS DAY that he knows uzi doesn't make music for his age group, however he's admitted to liking Uzi songs in the past so he wants to continue to hear them. However he thinks this SPECIFIC project is trash. What is stupid about that. ya'll *****s are forever talking about him being dismissive to music he doesn't hear........ and then criticize him when he listens and doesn't like the project, despite clearly stating he's enjoyed other music from the artist

He said CLEAR AS DAY that Kodaks antics are the main reason why he will not listen to his music. Ak then went on a tirade telling him that Kodak makes music for the streets........ Joe asked him if he thinks Kodak is making "street" music that is for 35-40 yr olds (the answer is clearly no). So again what is the issue

He's heard enough Uzi tracks that he likes, and he said he's a fan of Uzi as a person. He's heard no Kodak songs that caught his attention & likes nothing that Kodak has shown personality wise.......... i'm not seeing what is outrageous about being able to distinguish between two characters to like

1. He has not heard enough Uzi tracks. Its clear as day he never listened to Uzi aside from XoTour Life. AK even said himself he put Joe on to it and Joe didn't deny it.

2. You listed the issue yourself :lol: What's the point of dismissing Kodak making street music because he's 40 and says he doesn't make music for him. He repeatedly asked if Kodak is making music for 37-40 year olds, yet he claims to listen to Uzi. If he didn't wanna check Kodak out because of the antics thats fine, but don't be a hypocrite and also say he isn't listening because he doesn't make music for 40 year olds.

Last edited:
Ok. That's cool if he never listens to his music. Leave it at that. He went on to say stuff that's just straight up false.

And Ak don't do a good job at putting somebody on new music. He just say it's street music and that's it. His music is not just ignorant kill a _ type. He talks about the downs of that **** too.

I swear :lol:. The thought of Akademiks and Nadeska frantically shifting through Kodak Black songs they've never heard outside of tunnel vision to play Joe is cringeworthy.

And That's cuz AK don't really be listening :lol:. The ***** is a straight up Parrot like y'all said. I'm sure he saw somewhere that "Kodak makes music for the streets"......and he ran with Kodak makes street music. He def described it on some 21 Savage type ****. And it's not really that. Its that down bottom, reality, project-soul rap. Yo really be talking bout some heartfelt ****.....that if you ever been through it, you get it.

And I don't ever wanna here Budden talk about "antiks" not matching up. When HES a standard of hypocrisy and inconsistency. Not only that...but contradiction Joe just be contracting himself on a daily. Just ran across this on twitter

Spot on. Ain't even think about that :lol:.

rappers like joe will always be jealous of rappers who make hits with ease

lyricists always try to diminish song making

I'm sorry but this actually doesn't make any sense whatsoever, people who are usually immaculate lyricist do it because they love lyricism & other lyricist always appreciate lyricist. Lyricist make music predominately for the art factor of it.

Rappers who make hits for the most part are usually guys who have to appeal to the masses, who are dismissive of lyrics anyway........ so why would they be jealous of that?

Also the narrative that Joe is jealous of these rappers is hilarious to me because he genuinely seems like he would off himself if he was forced to spend a month in a lot of these rappers shoes :lol:.

Joe said Kodak doesn't make music with substance which is false. All the stuff he keep saying about Kodak needing Cardi is false. I mean I don't like Kodak's mush mouth internet antics either, Joe should just leave it at that.

Joe's ear showing its grey hairs.

LiveMixtapes and DatPiff should have had an app in 2010. I remember in 2013 having one and it randomly deleted all my songs smh.

Spinrilla gonna b done soon too as soon as someone puts out an app that lets you keep your downloads in a cloud type thing instead of it deleting everytime you redownload your app

datpiff's app been out since 2011 at least and it been let u download offline.

think some of ya showing how terrible apple is with da closed garden OS (Android FTW)

And I don't ever wanna here Budden talk about "antiks" not matching up. When HES a standard of hypocrisy and inconsistency. Not only that...but contradiction Joe just be contracting himself on a daily. Just ran across this on twitter

Spot on. Ain't even think about that :lol:.

In a way he's more qualified than ANYONE to have this type of mentality because his career was defined the same way. ****** straight up ignored everything Budden did musically for years because they "couldn't rock with him" for the way he moves. This is a common for hiphop fans, everyone just has different things they can or can't rock with from people.

.he's all the sudden a street rapper that 40 years olds can relate too

akademiks late. as long as NT been pumpin Kodak be's always been presented as da south's version of dave east. a "instant vintage" rapper..a new cat that old heads immediately gravitate to but still is new cat so da youngins is diggin.

I'm sorry but this actually doesn't make any sense whatsoever, people who are usually immaculate lyricist do it because they love lyricism & other lyricist always appreciate lyricist. Lyricist make music predominately for the art factor of it.

Rappers who make hits for the most part are usually guys who have to appeal to the masses, who are dismissive of lyrics anyway........ so why would they be jealous of that?

Also the narrative that Joe is jealous of these rappers is hilarious to me because he genuinely seems like he would off himself if he was forced to spend a month in a lot of these rappers shoes :lol:.

jay was jealous of 50 cents hook making ability

joe can look at a drake type cat and be taken back by the song making

joe was actually one of the first cats tryna do songs with drake but drake never recorded with him, I know joes history and remember it vividly

joe def doesn't rock with how the young cats move but he'll never understand how someone could record 10 hits in a row

lyricist a lot of times ignore good production and song quality to showcase the wordplay and technical aspects of the flow

some do both that's why Eminem was so popular early on cause he was cold at all aspects but that's rare

because that extra work you put in artistry doesn't always translate into success or even acknowledgement to people who critique music.

Joe put hard work into his craft and he only got but so far, certain mumble rappers lapped him 3x already with a miniscule amount of work in comparison. its just a sign of a different era.

lyricist a lot of times ignore good production and song quality to showcase the wordplay and technical aspects of the flow

good running game = lyricism

west coast offense passing game = hook/"song making"

when your gold lyrically you're never out da game, but da high yard passing plays always outshine da gritty run offense. I.E. Joe budden vs say a Lil yachty.

good running game = lyricism

west coast offense passing game = hook/"song making"

when your gold lyrically you're never out da game, but da high yard passing plays always outshine da gritty run offense. I.E. Joe budden vs say a Lil yachty.

I don't consider yachty a hit maker tho

uzi either really

I'm talking more of how lyricist in general are usually salty at hit makers and their popularity

I'm talking bout lil wayne and drake type artists

joe used to slander wayne for years

the writers of hits be salty of their own hits for other people

I don't consider yachty a hit maker tho

uzi either really

I'm talking more of how lyricist in general are usually salty at hit makers and their popularity

I'm talking bout lil wayne and drake type artists

joe used to slander wayne for years

the writers of hits be salty of their own hits for other people

lil yacht all he does is make hits, he's one dimensional.

Lil Wayne on his prime did both.

Joe Budden knows bow to make hits, problem was back in da mixtape punchline rap era, that pump it up when it caught fire, his core fan base hated it and he listened to em toooooooo much instead of catering to da mainstream and hardcore at a even clip ala Fabolous.

If your profession is now to talk about this type music...you should probably listen to the music. The mental gymnastics Joe goes through to justify some of his takes is pretty blatantly void of any sane logic at times. If he wants to actually be the straightforward, hold no punches type of media guy...just keep it 100 and say you don't **** with them because you just don't like them. It is what it is. **** I feel the same way. It's plenty of rappers I just don't like and will never give a chance. Just say that ****. Stop acting like it's "hard" for you to listen because of so and so and just say you DONT want to listen.

I don't even think he NEEDS to listen to Kodak or any other artist when it comes to talking about sales, impact, marketability, etc. If your ear is to the streets (the internet) than you sort of know what's what without needing to be familiar with an artist's catalog. I don't listen to Kodak Black...but I'm well aware of what the consensus is on him...who is fans are and what his reach is. Which is enough for me not to make a ridiculous comparison to the little Cash Me Outside rat in terms of why they're in the positions they are in.

lil yacht all he does is make hits, he's one dimensional.

Lil Wayne on his prime did both.

Joe Budden knows bow to make hits, problem was back in da mixtape punchline rap era, that pump it up when it caught fire, his core fan base hated it and he listened to em toooooooo much instead of catering to da mainstream and hardcore at a even clip ala Fabolous.

nah he def tried to bring another hit to the table and it never came together

he even had certain features later on that never turned into hits

joe can make good songs tho but not ones that appeal to many bases

If your profession is now to talk about this type music...you should probably listen to the music. The mental gymnastics Joe goes through to justify some of his takes is pretty blatantly void of any sane logic at times. If he wants to actually be the straightforward, hold no punches type of media guy...just keep it 100 and say you don't **** with them because you just don't like them. It is what it is. **** I feel the same way. It's plenty of rappers I just don't like and will never give a chance. Just say that ****. Stop acting like it's "hard" for you to listen because of so and so and just say you DONT want to listen.

I don't even think he NEEDS to listen to Kodak or any other artist when it comes to talking about sales, impact, marketability, etc. If your ear is to the streets (the internet) than you sort of know what's what without needing to be familiar with an artist's catalog. I don't listen to Kodak Black...but I'm well aware of what the consensus is on him...who is fans are and what his reach is. Which is enough for me not to make a ridiculous comparison to the little Cash Me Outside rat in terms of why they're in the positions they are in.

Well said

people have to understand joe says stuff purely for content

there's no need to try to ratiaonalize his thoughts

he was doing this stuff years ago

joe budden tv

him and tahiry doing couples vids

slandering method man which goes back to me saying he can't make hits that resonate like method man could

it's more obvious now on his latest podcast eps, he just creates content out of imagination based off real people with real opinions sprinkled in

Solid. That's pretty much my ultimate point. You're on a show about hip hop. You're obligated to talk about the music that's coming out. What's the point of being on the show if you have no interest in doing so?

Solid. That's pretty much my ultimate point. You're on a show about hip hop. You're obligated to talk about the music that's coming out. What's the point of being on the show if you have no interest in doing so?

yeah u can't be bougie if you're now a "analyst" da way former NBA/NFL/MLB players sit on a panel on ESPN.

Back
Top Bottom