Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

I think that's moreso as far as #1 records go, those things don't just fall out the sky.

I think it’s just in general bro and goes for anybody tryna sell music and make a living

Look at what dudes like Lupe, Saigon etc went through.

Certain music just not that marketable to mass swathes of the general public, we know that fasho. But what do you do when you tryna eat? You gonna put your head down and do it for the “art” or you gonna do it for the business?

A lot of dudes in the history of this **** tricked themselves cause they signed to a label like everybody else but then realized the **** they make ain’t really what the label tryna sell

The famous HOV “ I used to wanna rap like common sense” line will always be important to me cause I feel like that’s something a lot of _’s were faced with but nobody had really said it on record . We all know Hov in a “dumbed down” form is still miles ahead of a lot of other _’s but still, that’s a real *** thing

tenor.gif

D StaXX D StaXX

Aight. This the one right here. I'm on board.
giphy.gif

Bro i never want to hear Joe budden speak on Kanye or Drake ever again, auto skip as soon as either one of these topics comes up on the pod

I'm sick of hearing it from anybody man, turned on EDS after a few weeks and they spent 20mins talkin' about them dudes and was completely over it.

What’s up wit these west coast ******? Is being bummy they thing? ***** blue face be wearing drill era true religion fits and lebron cavs jerseys and ****. Then YG :sick:

Look at what dudes like Lupe, Saigon etc went through.

Certain music just not that marketable to mass swathes of the general public, we know that fasho. But what do you do when you tryna eat? You gonna put your head down and do it for the “art” or you gonna do it for the business?
Saigon maybe but Lu cooked himself not to mention Wale, Cole, and Kendrick making him an afterthought.

Those were old days when labels were just focused on No. 1 records.

There's way too many examples of artists in the present day finding ways around having to make music the label wants

Back
Top Bottom