Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

Flame suit activated but I think Meg is over sexualizing herself and it’s distracting us from the fact that she can rap. The whole attractive woman that can shake her booty isn’t new. All of theee girls can twerk

By all means, keep shaking it though babygirl.

No need for flame suit activation, it’s true. She’s more Dreezy/Saweetie(sp?) than Cardi and City Girls, but everyone not that familiar with Megan lump her right in with the latter two because of it. Oh well, she’s like 24 and built like crazy, I’m here for it

is it possible for a female rapper to get hot otherwise?

Young MA has a following to a degree, but she seems like she's in a lane like Dej Loaf.

The crazy thing is that women are the ones who seem to these hyper sexualized women.

See man I don’t know the answers to this. Like she can rap for real. I understand I’m not in her demographic though. To me, it’s about the music. Only female rappers feel like they gotta be super bird to succeed. R&B singers aren’t having twerk offs.

I 100% agree about women being hyper sexualized by themselves.

No need for flame suit activation, it’s true. She’s more Dreezy/Saweetie(sp?) than Cardi and City Girls, but everyone not that familiar with Megan lump her right in with the latter two because of it. Oh well, she’s like 24 and built like crazy, I’m here for it

Saweetie fine self can’t rap to save her life. She just needs to be fine. And even then, she ain’t twerking nearly as much as Meg

Saweetie.

2f6eeaa9a7c3c177ac6194458ac20d5e.gif

It seems like ever since Kim and Foxy there are no more Lyte's and Latifah's. You're going to have limited success being Rapsody or Dreezy.

It's one of the questions I have for women if I could have a honest and not an emotional non defensive discussion. They try to act like guys are so bad and the material male rappers put out is so demeaning. But why do you flock to female artist who are their counterpart?

Not sure what she used to get the information but Rapsody said almost 80 percent of her core audience/fans are men. I think a woman MC or rapper can thrive without having to sexulize themselves (If they dont want to that is). That figure she presented was fascinating though since it seems like women were the ones who were the most vocal about the overly sexual nature in which they're portrayed (models, strippers, etc.) whether they rapped or not.

Last edited:
Not sure what she used to get the information but Rapsody said almost 80 percent of her core audience/fans are men. I think a woman MC or rapper can thrive without having to sexulize themselves (If they dont want to that is). That figure she presented was fascinating though since it seems like women were the ones who were the most vocal about the overly sexual nature in which they're portrayed (models, strippers, etc.) whether they rapped or not.

I noticed it.

I don't hear women mention her at all.

She should be the female J Cole. They love him.

I'd like to see a Rapsody show and see what the crowd is like.

Bruh women don't know what they want. :lol:

They love Nicki and Cardi for being open freaks. Celebrate the Kardashians and Amber Rose for being h0ez. Then say "don't sexualize us". Of course all women don't think like that but it speaks volumes when Rapsody who can rap her *** off and make good projects gets almost zero love with females. They ain't tryna hear that, they want thot rap.

Back
Top Bottom