Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

Went to see DMX out here last night and was surprised for a couple reasons. First he was late no surprise there lol.
But the venue was sold out. It’s a smaller venue but X selling out anything in 2019 is surprising to me.
The age group was a surprise. People of all ages. I’m looking at the youngins like ain’t no way these kids know X lyrics. Man everybody in that joint was going word for word.
And the performance was surprisingly good. He’s chubby now but energy was there. Voice was good. Knew the lyrics. And interacting with the fans. I was hype because he’s one of my favorites and i never got to see him live. Last night was fun.

I don’t mind Wale WHINING one BIT! Because he has a point. If he wasn’t talented, I wouldn’t care but dude has every right to be bitter.

Someone posted a video of blueface and Cardi B saying they don’t care about rap, they’re in it for the money. Then y’all complain about Wale doing the opposite. Y’all need to pick a side.

Meanwhile you got 30 dudes “faking gay” (which you can’t do, gay is gay) to get publicity.

Then the heel turn on a buffoon like tekashi69 :lol: :rofl: :lol:

After MONTHS of being co-signed by the same hip hop community that loves to hate Wale...

It’s despicable

The hip hop community really Kapernick’d Wale, but then will turn around and complain about wanting old hip hop back.

I be looking at YouTube comments of older rap songs and you see tons of “what happened to rap? I want old rap back” when them idiots are the reason they don’t have old hip hop anymore :lol:

There’s validity to what Wale’s saying. I absolutely get it. But I also recognize that his message can sometimes come across as ungrateful to the fans that he has. Imagine championing someone, buying their music, going to their shows, trying to convince your circle that dude is the truth... and then he comes out saying he should be bigger, or that he doesn’t get enough satisfaction with the love and adoration he currently has, so he wants more. Folks undoubtedly take that **** as a slight.

I get both sides of the coin with Wale. Son is a dope artist overall, but throwing hissy fits when everyone doesn’t share that belief/opinion isn’t a good look.

His exchange with Akademiks bum *** on ES was cringeworthy.

I get both sides of the coin with Wale. Son is a dope artist overall, but throwing hissy fits when everyone doesn’t share that belief/opinion isn’t a good look.

Agreed.

The hip hop community really Kapernick’d Wale, but then will turn around and complain about wanting old hip hop back.

Lemme get some details on this

I don't care how talented an artist is, I'll pass on the whining about being respected to their ranking. Artists like Big KRIT don't sit around b***hin' and moanin' about how popular they are, they just feed they fans good music without fail and keep it pushin'. Wale want that pat on the back that he so deserves but nobody wants to give the prize to the guy who's crying for their prize.

I don’t take it as a slight. You know why? Because the majority are all attention whores nowadays so f**** it. Let him speak his peace

Agreed.

Lemme get some details on this

I don't care how talented an artist is, I'll pass on the whining about being respected to their ranking. Artists like Big KRIT don't sit around b***hin' and moanin' about how popular they are, they just feed they fans good music without fail and keep it pushin'. Wale want that pat on the back that he so deserves but nobody wants to give the prize to the guy who's crying for their prize.

facts. and I may be the minority here but he hasn't really put together any album recently that's cohesive

I appreciate the EPs he dropped last year. It’s Complicated was dope, Free Lunch as well. Solid efforts from homie in 2018.

People take music too seriously imo. Like Big Sean is talented, and legit has some clever bars and can structure songs pretty well but i don't like his sound. Like straight up your music is not enjoyable to my ears. Your voice and cadence are not on my sound wave. Wale has some good songs and being from the DMV i remember the local hype off the paint a picture tape. My old manager and Wale used to have the same drug dealer :lol: he got me a copy of the mixtape from him. But his music is just bland as hell. Like some songs are good but you aren't holding my attention for a whole album. Especially if you don't like go-go.

To me there is a reason they are both kind of irrelevant in the grand scheme. As are most artists honestly. Build your niche audience and grow with them. Don't be concerned if you aren't as big as Artist A, B, or C and you are better then them. You are in a subjective industry....you think you would know that by now

Same thing with Takashi. Like he made some bangers that i listened to at the gym. I am not going to ride for his authenticity or his street cred. Like make good music make your money and get out. Its a fickle industry and there are always people looking to take your place.

comparing Wale's form of rapping to Popular Rappers that were mentioned is 2 different monsters

you guys say you understand Wale because he's right, he can rap better than 6ix9ine or Desiigner or Trinidad James, or whoever else

but the way he acts, you'd think he was the 2nd Coming of Nas, which he isn't.

Wale = UFC
6ix9ine, Desiigner, Blueface, whoever = WWE

UFC & WWE = both fighting genres, both have large audiences. one might be fan of 'real fighting' another might be a fan of 'entertainment fighting', one might be a fan of both

Wale is just not the McGregor/George St Pierre of UFC, that's why there's ppl who say he's wack
whereas 6ix9ine was like the Brock Lesnar of the WWE the year he came in (and quickly fell off)..

you can say sure Wale's counterpart of the UFC is a better fighter than Brock Lesnar in the WWE, because the guy is a real fighter, throwing real punches, taking real hits, and Brock Lesnar in the WWE isn't.. but WWE Brock Lesnar has more fans than some mid-tier UFC Fighter. and then the mid-tier UFC fighter complains about how he aint given his props

TL;DR: the pop-rappers are better at doing their for-entertainment purposes raps (their niche), than Wale is at making 'real rap'. they do their stuff better in their own domain while Wale doesn't in his own domain, and in his head he thinks he's nice because he's comparing apples to oranges, and that turns away even more people.

I saw DMX a few days ago, I was impressed too. He looked and sounded healthy. Knew the words, wasn't messed up. It was dope seeing him live cause I didn't get to see him back in the late 90s. My mom was like **** no.

He did a few songs I didn't expect but he looked like he was in a good space so it was wild fun.

IDAHIT Intro
We Right Here
Who We Be
One More Road to Cros
The Professional
Anthem
Get It On the Floor
Get At Me Dog
Stop Bein Greedy
Money Power Respect
Whats My Name
How's It Goin Down Remix
It's All Good
What These Want
Where the Hood At
Party Up
Slippin

At a thousand degree Celsius I make MCs melt
**** my record label I appear courtesy of myself
Let me explain how I maintain thresholds to pain
I walk across the Sun barefoot looking for shade
I rearrange your ribcage like a twelve gauge at close range
And change the position of your brain
My hard raps penetrate through your hardhats and all that
*****, get ya wig peeled back
I scalp you like the Indians on horseback
Running Bull will hit you harder than running back
Stunning man with brave and cunning raps
Swiftly running laps around 48 tracks
Like uncut crack you fiends keep coming back
Heads is flipping like acrobats on gym mats
From wax to analogue tapes to digital DATs
It's critical black, that Canibus is ill like that
In fact perhaps you should quit rap, instead of always tryna diss back
If ****** keep telling you that your ****'s wack
I rip raps, hardcore raps wrestle you to the floor mat
Put you in the figure four, break your thorax
Jump off the top turnbuckle and land on your back
Till I hear it snap or crackle, the ref says chill black
You get clapped bringing the wrong raps to combat
Like bringing a paint gun to a shoot out with real gats
Y'all ****** is wack, rapping over microphone feedback
My intelligence begins where yours peaks at
From Fox Boogie in the see-through brassiere to Nasty Nas here
My ***** Nature'll explain it further if it's not clear

Took some time and ran Trunk Muzik 3 today and Yelawolf is back to his old Catfish Billy self. Really enjoyed that.
Gonna run this Khalid real quick too

Back
Top Bottom