Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

But is she going to rap that or is she gonna sing it? I think she's personally over rapping and prefers to sing or do more "pop" music but she can't stand the backlash of that decision

The number of raunchy women rappers is massive now so it would def behoove her to move past that part of her career but she's been choosing to lash out at criticisms so I don't think she's ready to make that move just yet. She also may not think she needs to make more mature women rap and keep trying to compete with Cardi and Megan and City girls. She kinda can so I see why she is still doing it
She's sounds like a literal goat when trying to sing

I gotta say I didn't expect rachet woman hip-hop to take off like this lol

It's an interesting field to watch, curious to see how long in that pocket since Cardi seems to be waning away from it

Cardi learned from Nicki 100%

Nicki started enjoying that pop bag too much and ended up kinda alienating herself from her day ones after years of that ****, which led to them in turn going extra hard to big up Cardi lol

With Cardi, her ace is the ratchet character she plays up for social media (which is what got her viral in the first place), and she can pull that out at anytime

I been peeping how she moves. After that Bruno Mars **** dropped she got on twitter and basically started talking about how she still hood, “got all this money but a ***** still eating McDonald's” etc :lol: :smh:

Very interesting but it seem like they’re actively tryna maintain that balance via her persona and not let her stray tooo too far, to where she can still play in both and have both sides championing her

Edit: seem like the era is playing a part too, when Nicki was popping females thought it was cool to be “sophisticated hood” now being unapologetically ratchet is the move

Gotta think it's easier for thot rap to get over now thanks to social media.

Not to say it never got over before. It obviously has. But I can't remember a time where there was enough space for 4 or 5 acts to all be in that lane at once on the come up.

Speaking of thot rap, one of them city girls was off beat her whole verse on that act up smacked up song.

This sample is undefeated

I guess this was the first hip hop track with that sample from Ross - Cigar Music and Griselda - Headlines

Last edited:
Wow this Post Malone/Travis Scott song sucks. BET Jams is basically showing every video from the Khaled album and that song stinks

Owwwwwwwwwww

1ee88da70ae0762b6d24927ce28ea8d7.png

I dont' see how y'all watch these chick's IG videos with audio. I barely read they captions. I'm just lookin' for body, cakes, and jugs. If she ain't servin' that I'm scrollin' past with no hesitation

I dont' see how y'all watch these chick's IG videos with audio. I barely read they captions. I'm just lookin' for body, cakes, and jugs. If she ain't servin' that I'm scrollin' past with no hesitation

I been following Cocaine Lorraine and Brianna Bette for years and still don't know how they sound

wow.png

I don’t follow her or anything like that, but when she pops up on the explore page I click and it’s guaranteed laughs (at her expense).

But she got a body, tho. :nerd:

i asked this in another thread but nobody answered so i'm asking here:

is there anywhere online that I can upload tracks from my phone to a playlist and create a link so ppl can listen to it?

Back
Top Bottom