Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

What if EPMD never broke up?

EPMD was coming off it's biggest and most commercial song and were at their peak and four excellent albums.

The Hit Squad was a continuation of the Juice Crew and paved a way for Wu, because they were also signed as a collective under EPMD but had their own individual deals with different labels.

Eric Sermon got jealous. Thinking Parrish was making more money. Unless I don’t fully know. It’s Eric’s doing

He was, P was more on top of his business than E. So he was signing acts, but not including Erick, because it was separate from the group. So he's getting part of their advance money. And I think a lot of people were in Erick's ear about it.

It's sort of crazy all the rumors that were swirling around them. That's one beef where I wish we had social media back then.

He was, P was more on top of his business than E. So he was signing acts, but not including Erick, because it was separate from the group. So he's getting part of their advance money. And I think a lot of people were in Erick's ear about it.

It's sort of crazy all the rumors that were swirling around them. That's one beef where I wish we had social media back then.

Ditto. And P’s dad was big into real estate. And he taught P the game. Eric was on some h*** s***

So I just finished the Wu doc and didn't really know much about Divine prior to. So was he essentially the agent/manager for them? So why was it so hard for them to understand he wasn't working for free? His cut seemed justified.

So I just finished the Wu doc and didn't really know much about Divine prior to. So was he essentially the agent/manager for them? So why was it so hard for them to understand he wasn't working for free? His cut seemed justified.
He wasnt an agent or manager.

He was an initial investor, co-founder of the Wu company, and their mans.

What Divine was doing was basically what any major label tries to do when they give an artist an advance and pay for shows and set up a tour. They get a cut of all sales but Divine naturally was more widespread cuz Wu was more than music. They was applying the brand to all types of **** for profit.

Divine operated like a businessman and was smart about what he put his money in to in order to make more money.

Why the other members got a problem is basically from the stand point of Divine made that initial investment to get them off the ground for their first few projects or w/e before they became a multi-million dollar making brand. They feel like he's already recouped his investment and some.

So they look at him and then look at the deal and are wondering why is Divine stop getting 30% or 20% when he ain't got nothing to do with the new **** they making. Then they see Divine got his own yacht and owning land back in Shaolin and they feel some type of way about how he's still making money off them.

Like every Wu member can look @ Rza and understand him getting his cut cuz he's the mastermind that had the vision. He's the one producing their albums and churning out songs @ an incredible rate with his whole own process to how he creates and completes the albums.

Its basically what went down. Chopped it up in the Wu doc thread.

What I will say again is I became way more interested in Power's role in everything and what his current role is if any. There apparently eas no falling out with him and he didnt get as much screen time as Divine. There's way more to the story.

Last edited:

Ditto. And P’s dad was big into real estate. And he taught P the game. Eric was on some h*** s***

I have no idea how Parrish did the reunion with E after the *** **** he pulled. It would have been beef for life. Always look at Sermon different after knowing what he pulled.

He wasnt an agent or manager.

He was an initial investor, co-founder of the Wu company, and their mans.

What Divine was doing was basically what any major label tries to do when they give an artist an advance and pay for shows and set up a tour. They get a cut of all sales but Divine naturally was more widespread cuz Wu was more than music. They was applying the brand to all types of **** for profit.

Divine operated like a businessman and was smart about what he put his money in to in order to make more money.

Why the other members got a problem is basically from the stand point of Divine made that initial investment to get them off the ground for their first few projects or w/e before they became a multi-million dollar making brand. They feel like he's already recouped his investment and some.

So they look at him and then look at the deal and are wondering why is Divine stop getting 30% or 20% when he ain't got nothing to do with the new **** they making. Then they see Divine got his own yacht and owning land back in Shaolin and they feel some type of way about how he's still making money off them.

Like every Wu member can look @ Rza and understand him getting his cut cuz he's the mastermind that had the vision. He's the one producing their albums and churning out songs @ an incredible rate with his whole own process to how he creates and completes the albums.

Its basically what went down. Chopped it up in the Wu doc thread.

What I will say again is I became way more interested in Power's role in everything and what his current role is if any. There apparently eas no falling out with him and he didnt get as much screen time as Divine. There's way more to the story.

That's what I was going to get in to it about Divine in the doc thread.

A lot of people took what Divine said at face value. There's more to it. I wouldn't believe his side, at least not totally. There's a reason he hasn't spoken until now.

There's a reason why nine dudes(minus RZA) who can't agree on much as a collective and have had numerous disputes over the past 20 years all have one issue they agree on. Divine. None of them mess with him. And even Rae who he said grew up with him. Then for him to try and say Rae went Hollywood. huh? That sent up red flags about everything else he was saying.

That's what I was going to get in to it about Divine in the doc thread.

A lot of people took what Divine said at face value. There's more to it. I wouldn't believe his side, at least not totally. There's a reason he hasn't spoken until now.

There's a reason why nine dudes(minus RZA) who can't agree on much as a collective and have had numerous disputes over the past 20 years all have one issue they agree on. Divine. None of them mess with him. And even Rae who he said grew up with him. Then for him to try and say Rae went Hollywood. huh? That sent up red flags about everything else he was saying.

You’re right, because even when Rza told him to sell that yacht. Homey said basically f y’all :lol:

I think it’s more to it. Although Divine did initially risked his life hustling for the Wu, I guess he’s entitled to a lifetime cut.

I went back and watched all the old Wu videos, Divine was in every single video. Like in front row. Always wondered who he was :lol:

Last edited:
You went Hollywood or changed is like a girl saying, she's a hater. You have no real legit reason or rather really nothing you want to reveal openly. So you come with the most basic general criticism/complaint. It's always deeper than she's a hater. And sometimes it's legit, but most of the time it's stupid or something they don't want to reveal because it will make them look bad.

The Wu doc made me go back and listen to Wu, and Only Built For Cuban Links. I don't know if that one of 36 is my favorite.

What did sermon do?

Allegedly robbers broke in PMD's house and tied up his family robbing the place and demanding money.

Allegedly Erick was behind it.

back in those days a lot of rappers hung around or were being extorted by unsavory individuals. I always thought maybe he put people on to a lick to get people off him, because he moved to Atlanta around that time.

Back
Top Bottom