Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

You all think we ever see the day where we stop glorifying/consuming violence/drugs in hip hop?

Last edited:
You all think we ever see the day where we stop glorifying/consuming violence/drugs in hip hop?

Why is it predicated on hip hop? Violence, drugs, etc was here before hip hop. Society as a whole glorifies this stuff. Hollywood has been pumping out violence, drugs, mafioso, sexually driven movies since its inception.

Why does rap get all the blame?

Woooooow that other dude looking like he doesn't care at all while Durk looking like "
dwill.png
sadcam.png
"
Von just got out of prison, beat a murder. If these ****** don't care why should we :smh:

Durk one of my favorites too

Why is it predicated on hip hop? Violence, drugs, etc was here before hip hop. Society as a whole glorifies this stuff. Hollywood has been pumping out violence, drugs, mafioso, sexually driven movies since its inception.

Was about to mention, those components make up some of the most watched movies :lol:

I don't see glorifying negative things in music any different than tv, movies and videogames doing the same thing. People need to separate between art and reality.

Who's blaming hip-hop though? He's asking if will it stop being glorified in hip-hop, which is unlike most other music genres.

Who's blaming hip-hop though? He's asking if will it stop being glorified in hip-hop, which is unlike most other music genres.

Nobody forcing you to listen to rap and if it’s being too glorified “unlike” most genres, go listen to that stuff. If anything, drugs are the most perversely promoted stuff on earth so, you can’t just single out rap music.

Other genres glorify drugs EQUALLY to rap. Whether implicitly or metaphorically. I won’t even mention violence because again, other genres may not promote violence but are society glorifies violence (guns are glorified in the USA). Country was built off violence. It is what it is. Hip hop as always been the scapegoat.

I know kids who can find guns and drugs with ease but if that same kid searched for a scholarship or applied for a loan to fund college, he’d be rejected immediately.

Nobody forcing you to listen to rap and if it’s being too glorified “unlike” most genres, go listen to that stuff. If anything, drugs are the most perversely promoted stuff on earth so, you can’t just single out rap music.

Other genres glorify drugs EQUALLY to rap. Whether implicitly or metaphorically. I won’t even mention violence because again, other genres may not promote violence but are society glorifies violence (guns are glorified in the USA). Country was built off violence. It is what it is. Hip hop as always been the scapegoat.

I know kids who can find guns and drugs with ease but if that same kid searched for a scholarship or applied for a loan to fund college, he’d be rejected immediately.
Ok, where has anyone here made it the scapegoat. Clearly you're going somewhere else with this.

Violence was here since the beginning of mankind.

Country and Rock music talks about violence. Drugs, sex, violence is everywhere in media and entertainment. It ain't just hip hop or black people. People need to stop feeding into that.

People are entertained by it, it's profitable and for some people it's their reality. Dudes ain't stop talking about drugs violence when it's part of their upbringing.

Ok, where has anyone here made it the scapegoat. Clearly you're going somewhere else with this.

Violence was here since the beginning of mankind.

Don’t know if you’ve lived under a rock but the media and journalists have criticized and blamed hip hop for violence since the late 1980s. I’m not even talking about Niketalk members at this point. If you feel some kind of way or I’m “going somewhere else” well, indeed. My job was done

Don’t know if you’ve lived under a rock but the media and journalists have criticized and blamed hip hop for violence since the late 1980s. I’m not even talking about Niketalk members at this point. If you feel some kind of way or I’m “going somewhere else” well, indeed. My job was done

That's where these type of conversations go anyway, no need to dance around it.

Back
Top Bottom