Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

Big Sean has a problem that Wale has

Their voices aren't that good for rap.

Big Sean's puberty struggle voice sometimes turns me off.

If he sounded better I think he'd get more respect and people would notice what he says more.

That’s why I always compare him to Chingy. They have terrible rap voices.

I’m not about to get into a debate over a rapper’s voice, but Wale’s issues aren’t the same as Sean’s.

Wale can’t shut the hell up sometimes. If son took the approach Sean did (falling out of the public eye, not going on rants, and always saying less than necessary during interviews), he’d be golden. Sean is just a “meh” rapper.

Folarin > Drake, Cole, Sean, and anyone else from that class not named Kendrick Lamar.

-ye shrug

I'm not even much of a Big Sean fan but saying he was the same as Tyga is a hell of a reach :lol:

And again there's no need to get into the debate over which rapper is considered "corny" considering the type of *****s wh get championed in here daily :lol:

They was making similar music at one time. Extra goofy type ****. Tyga just went all the way with it and Sean kinda "matured some" but he still got corny bars and no mic presence at all.

I'm not even much of a Big Sean fan but saying he was the same as Tyga is a hell of a reach :lol:

And again there's no need to get into the debate over which rapper is considered "corny" considering the type of *****s wh get championed in here daily :lol:

I get everybody has different perceptions based when you may have been introduced to a rapper...but Sean came in the game rapping on mixtapes (just like Drake). Supa Dupa was on a Kanye mixtape back in like 06/07. He was considered a "punchline rapper". The switch didn't happen until they rolled out his debut and they put him in the pop lane...but to act like he was that coming in? that's false.

We know Tyga from Lime in the Coconut.

Is everyone forgetting the hashtag flow that the whole game ran with for like a whole year and some change? That came from Sean.

I’m not about to get into a debate over a rapper’s voice, but Wale’s issues aren’t the same as Sean’s.

Wale can’t shut the hell up sometimes. If son took the approach Sean did (falling out of the public eye, not going on rants, and always saying less than necessary during interviews), he’d be golden. Sean is just a “meh” rapper.

Folarin > Drake, Cole, Sean, and anyone else from that class not named Kendrick Lamar.

-ye shrug

Nah, Wale doesn't have a good voice because of enunciation and pitch.

It's why a lot of people miss his pen just as much as his likability.

I get everybody has different perceptions based when you may have been introduced to a rapper...but Sean came in the game rapping on mixtapes (just like Drake). Supa Dupa was on a Kanye mixtape back in like 06/07. He was considered a "punchline rapper". The switch didn't happen until they rolled out his debut and they put him in the pop lane...but to act like he was that coming in? that's false.

We know Tyga from Lime in the Coconut.

Is everyone forgetting the hashtag flow that the whole game ran with for like a whole year and some change? That came from Sean.

That flow sucked and Young Money beat that to death for like 5 years straight

Color me intrigued, Suga Daddy Slim was my first Slim Thug full album I listened to, really enjoyed it. Gotta check out this new one

Maaaan he has 10 albums if not more :lol:

I don’t like Wale’s flows and rhymes. Never cared about his voice.

His act outside of music just makes him look like an insecure cornball

#MuteWale

Big Sean lyrically better

Back
Top Bottom