Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

Feel like you would have more insight on it since you out in Atlanta. Why hasn't Key blown up? Seems likes most people he collabs with and puts on ends up with a hit or a buzz, while he's remained low key for a long time. OG Maco, Makonnen and 21 Savage all caught some type of wave when he's more talented then them.

Is it cause them SoundCloud dudes jacked his style and ran with it or is it cause he'd rather play the background?

_'s be almost too real for their own good sometimes. He don't really seem willing to sacrifice his artistic integrity for "marketability". Another part is how hard he's been jacked too tho. It's dudes running around that honestly think _'s like Uzi are the creators of his style. There's a running joke that most of his fans are just other rap _'s but it's lowkey somewhat true. He like a mood board for _'s

You forgot Carti too, Key! and ManMan was basically his bigger figures for a min.
He in the back with the bucket on, prolly 17 at the time

You familiar with Bryan Michael Cox? He tried to put him on a min ago. Had him out in LA writing and he linked with Juicy J, thats how stuff like 'Bandz a Make Her Dance' came about. Check "Blue Dream and Lean", he got a beat he produced on there and a feat on another song. When you got heat, these bigger dudes kinda wanna make sure you stay in the shadows tho

Then you got Two9 which he cofounded. They were doing cool gaining momentum etc but then Mike Will/Interscope started getting involved. A lot of _'s be getting weirded out when dudes in suits start tryna tell them what they should be doing with something they built themselves, so he bounced

Then the OG Maco ****. They dropped "Give Em Hell", kicked off a whole new wave and then "U Guessed It" started buzzing. I don't think him nor his manager (now 21 Savage manager thanks to him) felt like a viral, potentially one hit wonder type move was the best for his career so he bounced out on that too. Skipped the videoshoot and they took him off the song.

21 Savage **** another weird situation that I ain't even gonna get into

So yeah there's been opportunities just didn't feel right for what he tryna do I guess. Kinda sad cause bruh will prolly never blow up now even tho he done gave out hella game to _'s, originated flows, styles etc

Last edited:
I **** with that Gleesh song. Had no idea Yams was working with him.

It’s crazy seeing all the different dudes from different areas he brought together beyond A$AP.

_'s be almost too real for their own good sometimes. He don't really seem willing to sacrifice his artistic integrity for "marketability". Another part is how hard he's been jacked too tho. It's dudes running around that honestly think _'s like Uzi are the creators of his style. There's a running joke that most of his fans are just other rap _'s but it's lowkey somewhat true. He like a mood board for _'s

You forgot Carti too, Key! and ManMan was basically his bigger figures for a min.
He in the back with the bucket on, prolly 17 at the time

You familiar with Bryan Michael Cox? He tried to put him on a min ago. Had him out in LA writing and he linked with Juicy J, thats how stuff like 'Bandz a Make Her Dance' came about. Check "Blue Dream and Lean", he got a beat he produced on there and a feat on another song. When you got heat, these bigger dudes kinda wanna make sure you stay in the shadows tho

Then you got Two9 which he cofounded. They were doing cool gaining momentum etc but then Mike Will/Interscope started getting involved. A lot of _'s be getting weirded out when dudes in suits start tryna tell them what they should be doing with something they built themselves, so he bounced

Then the OG Maco ****. They dropped "Give Em Hell", kicked off a whole new wave and then "U Guessed It" started buzzing. I don't think him nor his manager (now 21 Savage manager thanks to him) felt like a viral, potentially one hit wonder type move was the best for his career so he bounced out on that too. Skipped the videoshoot and they took him off the song.

21 Savage **** another weird situation that I ain't even gonna get into

So yeah there's been opportunities just didn't feel right for what he tryna do I guess. Kinda sad cause bruh will prolly never blow up now even tho he done gave out hella game to _'s, originated flows, styles etc

Damn I remember wondering why he was off of U Guessed It....seems like he thinks too much...that U Guessed It look would have been perfect

I remember playing this coming back to school and my ****** clowned me saying it was "Trap Goth" lol...2-3 months later it's November 2015 and Uzi is the hardest thing ever to them lol...

This was supposed to be a hit...

I member :smh: :lol:

“Who made that tour bus glo up” :lol: :smh:.

Crazy how Glizzy done passed Trel (now they cool)....and had the best verse on a platinum single “Crew” this year

Don't try to push that garbage. Crew would have been way better without that dumpster attached to it.

Man, hearing Lil Peep's IG post about dealing with his depression was tough to listen to. Kid was crying out for help.:smh:

Maaaaaan. I had never heard of dude until he passed, so I decided to peruse his IG. **** is depressing. :smh:

Sad to see a kid with talent like that basically kill himself in plain view while people cheer on his destruction. Dude really died on a tour bus at 21 with his homies unaware that he was ODing. Sad as hell man.

Can’t even front though—his music has me looking like Jay at the Coldplay concert. **** is actually pretty catchy but man lawd the content is depressing given the way he went out.

Dude really died on a tour bus at 21 with his homies unaware that he was ODing.

The first half of this sentence alone is surreal.

The entire sentence is crazy considering there's literally a vid one of his homies posted where dude is passed out with his mouth open and his skin is blue and his "homies" making jokes like "I think Peep is back here working on his abs let's take a look". The type of vid you take when your homie took too many hits of the gas or is ****** up off of liquor. Not ODing on fetanyl. :smh:

I regret clicking on it not eem gonna lie. I thought it was gonna be him popping pills talking **** and what not. Like on some he was still alive type ****. They literally were filming dude as he died/while he was rotting.

Surreal times.

Geez, I could definitely do without watching that video.

RIP to the young dude. There’s a lot of other young people out there going through the same thing. I hope this helps people to pay closer attention.

This was a crazy weekend :smh: If anyone in DC remembers that wild *** "derecho" storm we had summer 2012, this was the day after. The show Keef x Trel were supposed to do was cancelled. They ended up going to Stadium Club instead (all these *****s are under 21). Shy Glizzy had just started beefing w/ Keef...(not sure if anyone outside of DC even knows what a Shy Glizzy is at this point in time). They get word Keef and all those little evil Chicago *****s was at stadium...show up and wait for them to come out. Let's just say that this didn't concern them Chicago *****s at all...as they came prepared. :smh: Both sides came prepared.

3 people got shot that night (luckily none fatal)...none of whom were actually involved with either side. Not a PEEP of this **** made the news.

For as much **** **** the DMV is known for, this sounds like dudes were about that action for once

i never knew the DMV to have the distinct reputation of not being such individuals as is the same for most hoods everywhere in America

Mannn, suburban kids here think Wheaton/Langley Park is tough. Lol (those who know the area), a little hood, sure, but dangerous? Not in the least bit.

You must’ve never been out when Glizzy verse come on Crew...

The whole place goes UP!

“Hey! Nice to meet. I’m young Jefe, who you be?”

Verse is trash. It’s one of those that’s so bad that everyone has to sing along and laugh.

She said money all around me....I look like I’m the man.

Song fire

Verse is trash. It’s one of those that’s so bad that everyone has to sing along and laugh.

She said money all around me....I look like I’m the man.

Song fire

Highly disagree

“She invite me to her crib, I walk in she see my heat
She said "But I live in the hills" bish, that’s just the way I sleep
Stop that madness, I'm a savage
In traffic with MAC 11’s
Baddest bish and she Spanish
I fly her to Calabasas
We get nasty, I'm her daddy
Does she know a ***** ain't average?
Ain't nothing wrong with fake assses
Bish, turn around let's make magic
I'm geekin', uh huh I'm on it
Don't look at me like you want it
Tell 'em that we ain't stuntin'
On fourth down we ain't puntin' it
King of District of Columbia
Can't come here without a permit
This **** really a jungle, gorillas and anacondas“

:pimp:

67FB59E3-6417-41E2-9F9F-CC32A57A27DF.jpeg
4212D961-D892-4458-A45F-D737F63A030F.jpeg

8216800B-2D5B-47D7-9562-679FC02E181A.jpeg

Salute to Ak for doing more independent stuff w/ his brand but why is this ***** in a Chinese take out spot doing interviews lol

Salute to Ak for doing more independent stuff w/ his brand but why is this ***** in a Chinese take out spot doing interviews lol

Ak aint tryna bring these dudes to his basement. Next thing you know the chasers are gonna be outside with the dirtbikes

Highly disagree

“She invite me to her crib, I walk in she see my heat
She said "But I live in the hills" bish, that’s just the way I sleep
Stop that madness, I'm a savage
In traffic with MAC 11’s
Baddest bish and she Spanish
I fly her to Calabasas
We get nasty, I'm her daddy
Does she know a ***** ain't average?
Ain't nothing wrong with fake assses
Bish, turn around let's make magic
I'm geekin', uh huh I'm on it
Don't look at me like you want it
Tell 'em that we ain't stuntin'
On fourth down we ain't puntin' it
King of District of Columbia
Can't come here without a permit
This **** really a jungle, gorillas and anacondas“

:pimp:

I never thought I would like a shy glizzy verse but he MURKED IT!!!

song is :pimp:

goldlink that n!!!

Back
Top Bottom