Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

I’m subscribed to this thread and I didn’t get no notification

4 pages behind smh

is it safe to say J.Dilla is the best producer in Hip Hop periodt?

Best producer? I probably got a list of about 10 dudes I’d put on my personal list. That’s a hard one to narrow down.

Best producer? I probably got a list of about 10 dudes I’d put on my personal list. That’s a hard one to narrow down.

Yes like who is number 1. We’re always talking about rappers...

and in all honesty:

Teddy Riley
Jimmy Jam/Terry Lewis
J.Dilla

these my top three...

why didnt jay embrace fab earlier in his career... fab would have shined hard during the rocafella run

Brooklyn bull****

How many rappers from the 90's ****ed with other rappers who weren't in their crew or label? You had to tour with someone. Plus Fab was from the generation after. It wasn't like Biggie or MOP.

And I think people forget the type of people Fab was around and the type of **** he was on when he first started. It wasn't like his rapper image. Son is lucky he didn't do time or end up dead. I'm sure his police file is extensive.

fab was signed to clue..clue was on rocafella at one point..fab was even in the mind right video so he was around..jay just didn't embrace him publicly until 2009/2010 or whenever that brookyln song came out

fab briefly touchs on it in the latest ep of the knuckleheads podcast..he claims jay had his crew and there was a lil competition between him and jay which honestly might have been the reason..jay probably felt threatened by him

qrich brings up jay at the 27:30 mark

I don't think was trash but going back listening to his stuff now...it doesn't sound as good to me. I'd take him over half of the stuff releasing nowadays though :lol:

Back
Top Bottom