Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

Y'all confusing _'s being young and talented with being a prodigy. Wayne wasn't one of the best rappers out when he was a teenager. Wayne wasn't making no classic album at 15-18.

Y'all throwing Keef out there. :lol: Might as well just name any lil _ who's songs you like that starts trendy slang.

Y'all confusing _'s being young and talented with being a prodigy. Wayne wasn't one of the best rappers out when he was a teenager. Wayne wasn't making no classic album at 15-18.

Y'all throwing Keef out there. :lol: Might as well just name any lil _ who's songs you like that starts trendy slang.

Keef did more than “start trendy slang”. Cmon man.

Chopper City and all the early HotBoy$ albums are ON PAR with Illmatic and the infamous! Damn right! You’re not from
The south so you wouldn’t understand!!!

All those albums give you the street perspective of teenagers....

somehow, the NYC bias always rings true. Smh. Y’all gotta stop that.

chopper city is a CLASSIC! Bg was 16 years old!!!!!

Who is saying A+ and Shyhiem are prodigies though? So where is the biasedness?

Prodigy :lol:

Heavy on the beat...

More joints...

**** knock....

:lol: @ "NY bias"

Chopper City is a classic but that album was a underground down south classic. It didn't change hip hop. Nas literally changed how _'s rapped.

:lol: No one explicitly said Nas & Mobb are rap prodigies aside from Baltimore Wavy saying the latter are.

Max said Nas is the closest thing to a prodigy in rap but even then, isn’t sure rap even has a prodigy (I agree).

Ty said what Nas & Mobb did album-wise at such a young age is what prodigies do but he never outright called them that.

Before we continue this argument, I think we should clarify what everyone is saying because I’m getting the drift that there is differentiating between a MUSICAL PRODIGY & a RAP PRODIGY taking place?

Edit: Nevermind on the third paragraph. :lol:

Yes. Prince, Mike, Stevie, are musical prodigies. Playing instruments and super talented. When I think of prodigies in hip hop it's somebody that made a huge impact as a teen. Great rapper, highly skilled, classic music.

Last edited:
I knew he was trolling when he put Boosie in there :rofl:

Damn, can’t believe I didn’t include Prince under prodigies. Idk why I thought he was a grown *** man when he started.

Keef did more than “start trendy slang”. Cmon man.

What was exceptional about Keef? Was he some advanced rapper? Super talented? Wise beyond his years? Mature content? He definitely made a impact but making drill pop off don't require much talent. I would say Herb was much more of a prodigy than him. Skill wise he was a beast at 16 and 17.

Used to pay 18.5 for the whole thing
Then the feds brought down BMF, **** ain't been the same
Then chine gun got killed
Then I had to do a bid
Me and Sly mobbin on the yard, ****in with the kid
I came home baggin up, then I violated
You ever shot someone you love cuz they violated?
Pistol in your mouth like a now & later
Could've ****ed your ***** but I'd be down gradin

Back
Top Bottom