Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

I see both sides. But it's the type of music you make. You make hardcore and "gangsta" music and that's the type of people who come to your shows and hang around you.

Cole doesn't have to worry about that.

Uzi doesn't have to worry about that.

But I bet if it came to it, Uzi and J Cole gone go off. Them be the type of cats who really gone take it there.

I’ve got a good friend who’s served time over there and the stories he’s mentioned will still make a person shudder to this day.

I get that being that type of rapper can come with certain pitfalls, and we’ve seen actual loss of life in some instances, but come on fam. Rappers weren’t seeing children blowing themselves up, or their friends catching a sniper bullet to the dome.

Jim gotta chill. Get the publicist involved, admit you were buggin, clean this one up and keep it moving.

I see both sides. But it's the type of music you make. You make hardcore and "gangsta" music and that's the type of people who come to your shows and hang around you.

Cole doesn't have to worry about that.

Uzi doesn't have to worry about that.

Uzi Drives around in million dollar whips and tons of Jewelry, he is as much of a target as anyone else.

I agree that the kind of music you make draws a different type of crowd and probably intensifies people coming at you, but these dudes have names, they have money, and because of that they have women's attention. a mix of all three will easily have people looking to rob or harm you.

Also while comparing it to War was just an extreme, some of these Rappers are or have been in some horrible situations. Jim specifically with his blood affiliation i'm sure has been shot at, seen his friends shot, murdered, jailed etc etc.

Last edited:
Fye. This comment on the video kilt me :lol:

89A58B79-FF48-4990-94D5-DD54981B487B.jpeg
Son said no one is perfect like Kellz just forgot to pay his taxes or something.

Last edited:
I’ve got a good friend who’s served time over there and the stories he’s mentioned will still make a person shudder to this day.

I get that being that type of rapper can come with certain pitfalls, and we’ve seen actual loss of life in some instances, but come on fam. Rappers weren’t seeing children blowing themselves up, or their friends catching a sniper bullet to the dome.

Jim gotta chill. Get the publicist involved, admit you were buggin, clean this one up and keep it moving.
It's wild disrespectful but not unusual for NY dudes to take their small world and compare it to everyone's reality. He said this multiple times months ago though, how is it making rounds now?

Also while comparing it to War was just an extreme, some of these Rappers are or have been in some horrible situations. Jim specifically with his blood affiliation i'm sure has been shot at, seen his friends shot, murdered, jailed etc etc.

That's my thing. Instead of getting hung up on the comparison.

_'s growing up in a certain type neighborhood deal with a lot of that affects your mental. Trash school system, shootings, friends and family members getting killed, police brutality, lack of jobs, flooded with drugs and alcohol.

_'s growing up in a certain type neighborhood deal with a lot of that affects your mental. Trash school system, shootings, friends and family members getting killed, police brutality, lack of jobs, flooded with drugs and alcohol.

This is exactly what i was talking about, i think people tend to forget just how real things get for dudes Really involved in the streets. They suffer from a lot of the same mental/emotional struggles of actual soldiers.

Though commonly associated with combat Veterans, PTSD also exists at a high frequency within urban neighborhoods. In fact, our research groups have demonstrated that nearly 90% of urban, low-income residents of inner city Atlanta, GA have been traumatized with a lifetime PTSD prevalence of at least 40% (Gillespie et al., 2009).

Y'know thinking about it, i'm like soldiers have had to pull the trigger on kids, can't compare then it hit me majority of soldiers in the streets are kids.

Uzi Drives around in million dollar whips and tons of Jewelry, he is as much of a target as anyone else.

I agree that the kind of music you make draws a different type of crowd and probably intensifies people coming at you, but these dudes have names, they have money, and because of that they have women's attention. a mix of all three will easily have people looking to rob or harm you.

All this

Back
Top Bottom