Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

This the **** I’m on today

70C55339-D6AE-440B-AF50-CEAC0C677812.jpeg

Yo ima keep funky dogs, ima hock my chain
For a block of cocaine
Now its back to my block with cocaine
You know, re'in upand fillin pots with cocaine
Then you chop it and bottle up them tops with cocaine

That's my thing. I'm not even a fan of Ja's music like that but 50's hits ain't really age that good. Ja's did. Ja's hits is more in-line with rappers and people want to hear now.

I was hoping when hot 97 did their version of 50 versus Ja Rule, they would actually take it serious, but after about four tracks it just became a Ja Rule roast so I ended up turning it off :lol: plus I couldn’t believe some of the 50 songs they were going crazy over in relation to the Ja ones. They were wack.

I mean he wasn't wrong.

French Montana is a Ford Raptor and Kendrick Lamar is a Ferrari.

da Ferrari might be more heralded as a priceless automobile and work of art/super car...but when you take a ferrari anywhere other than a track with smooth asphalt, its gonna come up short.

you put that raptor on a street filled with potholes, off road, muddy terrain, snow drifts, etc. and its gonna do what it do.

thats basically what French is talking about....

if you want a old head comparison..... think Nas & Busta Rhymes in their prime....im picking Nas in every scenario EXCEPT DA CLIB/CONCERT......da turn up too strong for Esco at a show/club night.

He didn't say the club tho, he said a festival. Kendrick has songs that would never be played in clubs that will skake a festival down. ***** don't kill my vibe ain't gonna ring off in the strip club, you throw it on in a FESTIVAL it's shaking **** up. Money Trees, GKMC, Alright etc etc Festivals are a meeting place for people who consume music in several different ways. French has records that will pop a party off, but won't have that same effect in a festival crowd.

And as i suspected the usuals are in here trying to downplay French, when at this point he's had a much better career than a lot of the ****** ya'll champion both musically & success wise :lol:

🤦🏾‍♂️🤦🏾‍♂️🤦🏾‍♂️

Cmon Ty, man :lol:. I know you defend your home team at all costs...but French jumped out the window with that Kendrick ****.

And as i suspected the usuals are in here trying to downplay French, when at this point he's had a much better career than a lot of the ****** ya'll champion both musically & success wise :lol:

The funny thing is they will diss him for not being lyrical while advocating non-lyrical rappers

🤦🏾‍♂️🤦🏾‍♂️🤦🏾‍♂️

Cmon Ty, man :lol:. I know you defend your home team at all costs...but French jumped out the window with that Kendrick ****.

From earlier
I'm just in here to say three things

1) French is ****in bugging
2) I better not see many of ya'll slandering French, because his definition o "Hit" is the same bull**** ya'll been peddling in here for the past month, putting WAY too much credence on the impact of a record just because it played in the nightlife a lot
3) If ya'll are gonna say thug has a list of "Hits" then so does French, ranging back about 10 years now

Like i said French is trolling with the Kendrick talk, but people are talking as if French hasn't put in work to get where he is, you don't have a successful rap career for over 10 years because of relationships.

French has had a lot more "Hits" then a lot of ****** when i go with the definition used in here frequently.

He didn't say the club tho, he said a festival. Kendrick has songs that would never be played in clubs that will skake a festival down. ***** don't kill my vibe ain't gonna ring off in the strip club, you throw it on in a FESTIVAL it's shaking **** up. Money Trees, GKMC, Alright etc etc Festivals are a meeting place for people who consume music in several different ways. French has records that will pop a party off, but won't have that same effect in a festival crowd.

Kendrick headlined Coachella in 2017

I know French was there that year (Unforgettable, his biggest song, dropped in 2017) and I can’t even find this ***** name on the flyer

French a wild *** dude, I **** with the confidence tho :lol:

I’m playing any Mac & Cheese tape before I play Unmixed Unmastered or whatever that Kendrick side project was called.

Back
Top Bottom