Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

Down Low against Bad!? Come on bruh :lol:

The debate at hand is Boosie saying R Kelly would beat anyone including MJ and that's absolutely false.

A good battle for R Kelly would be MJB.

Mariah has 18 but still...

20200726_230401.jpg
mariah made 19 last year when All I Want For Christmas entered number 1 after 20 yrs.

sidenote: Rihanna's already quietly sitting at 14 #1's, 4 behind Elvis, 1 above MJ.

I’m not saying R Kelly wins, I’m just saying y’all not gonna downplay R Kelly. MJ throws on I’m Bad and R Kelly plays Down Low, what song you picking?

***** compared R Kelly to Wayne, I’m befuddled

I'm not in that group downplaying Kells. He can write for anybody and about any subject. He's got albums worth of unreleased MJ-inspired material that we may never hear. But, Michael Jackson is Michael Jackson. Robert himself has even said that. Mike is in his own lane. People in 2020 may have more of a natural connection to Kell's music, because of his ties to Hip-Hop and the culture, and artists are still using that "12 Play" template he built. With that said, you can drop "Billie Jean" early in the match, and it's still a wrap.

R Kelly ran one whole genre for a decade, a whole genre. Yall losing your minds now.

I think it’s way closer than y’all are acting like but I get it. It’s cool to hate R Kelly right now.

***** comparing R Kelly to Lil Wayne is bonkers. You can hate R Kelly but we not gonna act like he’s not talented as ****. Wayne has ZERO talent.

And I know MJ was bigger than R Kelly, MJ probably the biggest musician of all time.

And did an ***** say MJ was washed when R Kelly wrote for him? You’re Not Alone is one of MJs best songs and it shattered all types of records

You're Not Alone one of Mike's best songs?

Said by someone who shouldn't speak on music.

Nothing past 1992 would get played in Mike's top 40.

and yes Lil Wayne, because they're both dumb *** hot takes.

Back
Top Bottom