Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

62B7901F-298D-4FCE-8594-AABD4A41307E.jpeg
30F790D9-E8F3-4FA7-ADFE-D8692643C384.jpeg

The best thing that helped DC was white people couldn't vulture go go. They tried, but they didn't know how to market it nationally. So go go remained a DC thing.

A bunch of them like Rare Essence, Junkyard and EU got deals, but nothing was really done with them.

I seen someone on Twitter say no matter the song, you can count on a dance number in every NL video. **** blew my mind cause it's true. Seeing a group of broads dancing in all those videos makes ZERO sense. Especially a song and video like this.

Yo what's the MP video where he in a suit rapping in front of a big *** rolex and it's raining money on him? That clip is ****in comedy.

Old head I work with in DC told me NOBODY played Rap in the 80s and early 90s in DC. They would laugh you out if you tried playing that **** on the block or in a club.
"Rap Clubs" was foreign territory for most of us since when we went out, it was generally to the go-go. (Live GoGo performance)

So we were used to live performances every weekend.

I have NEVER been comfortable in "rap clubs"

I can't believe Sexy Lady wasn't a nationwide smash. I hate GoGo and I think that song is amazing. Everyone I've played that song for thinks the same. I don't know what that label did with that song but they didn't do enough.
what u mean???
i stayed hearing yung berg being played when it was out

didnt know that was gogo record
i dont even know what gogo is

In college I went to a DC house party freshman year and I learned that **** that hard way. I didn't know they were going to play the pots, pans and garbage can lids the whole night. I was heated, no car. I sat down pissed off. It was serious culture shock. I learned to respect it by senior year, that's why I post it in this thread sometimes.

I was like y'all don't listen to rap?

DC has(d) it's own culture

Clothing brands/designers, style, slang, music...

The area I'd say that's most like DC is The Bay.

this how I use to be when I hit certain parties down here in Florida. Straight reggae and dancehall..... ALL NIGHT! I love both but I wanted rap mixed in too. I use to be HEATEDDDDD! Especially if I didn’t drive

Back
Top Bottom