Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

To a degree, Prince was echoing some of the same sentiments on his first website in the mid 90’s when he was going at WB. His language was just a lot more cryptic, and less combative towards other artists. When he had yet to own his masters, he said he was re-recording all of his albums. Although WB owned his masters contractually, Prince physically “owned” the tapes in his enormous vault. Yep, they called him “crazy” too.

^
A lot of those older hip hop acts do that . P, Naughty by Nature and X are a few that I know of.

That “Greatest Hits with a Twist” compilation album X did was disgusting.

All I can think of when an artist re-does their old songs is that awful Nu-Mixx Klazziks crap. And they had the nerve to make a volume 2

Prince never ended up re-recording his albums tho right? I know he did a few songs like 1999

There’s a lot of conflicting views on whether it’s worth it, the idea is you can use those new versions to undercut the label on placements/sync etc

Instead of paying UMG or whoever they can license your new joint for 20% cheaper or sumn. I think some artists have been successful with it and some still just ended up getting big bro’d anyway, after paying to re-record all the ****

To a degree, Prince was echoing some of the same sentiments on his first website in the mid 90’s when he was going at WB. His language was just a lot more cryptic, and less combative towards other artists. When he had yet to own his masters, he said he was re-recording all of his albums. Although WB owned his masters contractually, Prince physically “owned” the tapes in his enormous vault. Yep, they called him “crazy” too.

what was his site called

You just know Thug going say sum 😂🤦🏾‍♂️

ALOT of *****s, don’t got basic gun safety past a handgun or sum. Shoot, I don’t :lol:.

Couple my homeboys be playing with all types of straps. This one ***** brought over some call of duty ****, in a shoulder strap suitcase recently to my spot lol :smh:

I’m outchea like....

FAF11DAB-0D28-4771-ABAE-7A0B16150911.gif

*****s be too cool to say, they don’t know :lol:.

You just know Thug going say sum 😂🤦🏾‍♂️

ALOT of *****s, don’t got basic gun safety past a handgun or sum. Shoot, I don’t :lol:.

Couple my homeboys be playing with all types of straps. This one ***** brought over some call of duty ****, in a shoulder strap suitcase recently to my spot lol :smh:

I’m outchea like....

FAF11DAB-0D28-4771-ABAE-7A0B16150911.gif

*****s be too cool to say, they don’t know :lol:.

I got my youngins out practicing with me. these ****** using guns as accessories 🥴 like a ***** with a new Birkin

My pop told me YEARS ago, if a n_ ever bring a gun out casually, leave. Dont ask no questions just leave.

these n_’s will kill you by accident and be runnin roun talkin bout my bad n s***...

???why tf they got loaded guns on a VIDEO set anyway???

not only that but where the trigger discipline? Why u ain’t clear it like come on lucci, sex gonna have a field day with this

My pop told me YEARS ago, if a n_ ever bring a gun out casually, leave. Dont ask no questions just leave.

these n_’s will kill you by accident and be runnin roun talkin bout my bad n s***...

???why tf they got loaded guns on a VIDEO set anyway???

Like the YNW Melly situation? They tried to fake that dude death

Prince never ended up re-recording his albums tho right? I know he did a few songs like 1999

There’s a lot of conflicting views on whether it’s worth it, the idea is you can use those new versions to undercut the label on placements/sync etc

Instead of paying UMG or whoever they can license your new joint for 20% cheaper or sumn. I think some artists have been successful with it and some still just ended up getting big bro’d anyway, after paying to re-record all the ****

They're still cataloging his material, so we still don't know. In his case, he could afford it. He was probably one of the biggest indie musicians of all time. He had his own recording studio, and with the exception of horns, could literally do it all himself musically. He jumped on the online music market early in the game, and dealt directly with distributors and retail chains, taking some L's, but earning bigger gains financially without much overhead, because he was his own manager for a minute.

Kanye pretending like he himself, stumbled upon something new regarding the industry, contracts and deals is hilarious :lol:. All the while, he be engaging in the **** with the other hand.

He always says **** that is “not wrong”. But at the same time, be on some heavy bs himself, and always pretend to be a savior or genius lol.

Do the work man.

Back
Top Bottom