Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

I'm not a huge 21 fan but to be fair I left the album a little disappointed. It's cool for what it is but 21 has legit subject matter to talk about. I think people (me) were looking for an evolution in subject matter similar to Meeks.

21 has kinda broken through the dumb trap rapper image based on his interviews etc. I was hoping that would translate to the music more.

I still love *****es, guns, and drugs but we wanted alot of more songs like "A lot".
He putting out the right subject matter for the “Savage Mode” series...Him and Metro got a great formula for this and they delivered again

21 got jokes bars. Im always amused and entertained when i listen to him

P*ssy p*ssy p*ssy

Yo Morgan Freeman on this tape really got me dying.

Had a fiend back in the day that looked and sounded like him, dude was well dressed and everything. Drove like a late 90s Volvo :lol: I remember first time i met him i said yo anybody ever tell you you look like Morgan Freeman? That just stuck from then.

I remember i made him drive me to the store and i asked the store owners son (dude was like 35 lol) if he knew Morgan Freeman. He said ya, i said you like his movies? You wanna meet him? Hes a close friend of mine. I had this dude shaking hands with a crackhead thinking hes Morgan Freeman :rofl:

*****s be feeling so satisfied, when they lay the fit out clean on the bed :lol:

An indescribable feeling. I haven’t done that in years, but I remember it. I got an older cousin who be ironing the **** out his clothes. And be precise and meticulous when he lay his fits out. ***** be smiling and **** lol.

Bro definitely be saying “imma **** em up with this one” while he admiring the fit :lol:

Tory Lanez Album Sales:
1. I Told You (2016)- 52k first week. Length: 78:53

2.Memories Don't Die (2018 )- 54k first week. Length: 70:02

3. Love Me Now?
(2018 )- 54k first week. Length: 48:52

4. Chixtape 5
(2019)- 83k first week. Length: 70:08

5. Daystar (2020)- 37k first week. Length: 68:04

Tory Lanez Mixtape Sales:
1. The New Toronto 3
(2020)- 64k first week. Length: 44:14

Megan thee Stallion EP Sales:
1. Make It Hot (2017)- N/A. Length: 21:34

2. Tina Snow
(2018 )- N/A. Length: 30:11

3. Suga (2020)- 41k first week. Length: 24:33

Megan thee Stallion Mixtape Sales:
1. Fever (2019)- 27k first week. Length: 40:09

I wonder if she didn't get shot would she have gotten the cover of Time and hosting SNL.

I don't see anything besides WAP that makes her a feature artist.

I guess Savage. IMO it would have been like Def Loaf appearing on SNL after Try Me or Young MA after Ouuuu.

Moving to Rocnation Mgmt was a good move for her.

I wonder if she didn't get shot would she have gotten the cover of Time and hosting SNL.

I don't see anything besides WAP that makes her a feature artist.

I guess Savage. IMO it would have been like Def Loaf appearing on SNL after Try Me or Young MA after Ouuuu.

Moving to Rocnation Mgmt was a good move for her.
Girls were showing me Megan rapping in front of car years ago. The music isn't for me (not b/c it's bad), but they like her. It's an organic build. Beyonce of all ppl gave her a feature :lol: A Time cover or SNL gig isn't farefetch.

Once again, girls like/admire Megan thee Stallion.

Also, Dej Loaf cute. Sneaky fine really, but her personality is like eating white rice alone.

Still waiting on grimey fit with the piers moss kicks and matching zebra print button up

Soon come :pimp: :pimp: :pimp:

5C4960C1-A8A9-4FE3-82FD-40BBEEBD7674.jpeg

*****s be feeling so satisfied, when they lay the fit out clean on the bed :lol:

An indescribable feeling. I haven’t done that in years, but I remember it. I got an older cousin who be ironing the **** out his clothes. And be precise and meticulous when he lay his fits out. ***** be smiling and **** lol.

left the tags on my clothes throughout the 90s. Some hood n_ still
Be leaving the tags on

Girls were showing me Megan rapping in front of car years ago. The music isn't for me (not b/c it's bad), but they like her. It's an organic build. Beyonce of all ppl gave her a feature :lol: A Time cover or SNL gig isn't farefetch.

Also, Dej Loaf cute. Sneaky fine really, but her personality is like eating white rice alone.

.... I agree with everything except the Dej loaf part. Her personality is what makes her sexy AF. She ain’t gotta throw her a*** or be half naked. She leaves you with something to imagine. Meagan has already put all that imagery out there. She is who she is.

Dej loaf will make you ponder that she’s a lady in the streets, but a freak in the bed

Last edited:
I mean, if I just ironed em and what not, sometimes I’ll just lay the pieces on the bed while I get ready as opposed to putting them back on a hanger :lol:
That’s a little different. I’m talking ****** that match the fit in stores and again at the crib way before it’s time to get ready.

I take back some of what I said, seems like she has a bunch of singles that did ok, but only Big Ole Freak was her solo.

I don't know, maybe it's timing.

but Meg was never even a big venue performer. She was doing clubs, festivals, colleges and hosting. She goes from that to being on SNL?

She had a following and it seemed organic, but it wasn't that big of a crossover audience and her sales showed it. She was never Lizzo. It's like how Nikki needs a feature with a name to do a single now, because she's cold.

Think of how many male artist do 50 their first week. They aren't the performer on SNL.

She's one of the 20-25 biggest acts in music? Tyler sold a lot more than her and won a grammy and can't perform at SNL.

Back
Top Bottom