Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

We the only men that get lumped together. The _ that goes to work every day has to be held accountable for the the drug dealer.

And black men have to hold the weight of their entire race.

Only black men are judged by their lowest common dominator. It's basically you can't out run what's in your nature, no matter how educated or successful you are. Those shackles are always on us and then they wonder why we're ****** up.

And we have to deal with it from our own women.

They're doing their bidding. Look at the bots online that pretend to be black to be divisive.

Black liberals believe they vote gonna change something the same way black Christians think going to church is gonna save them

Keep voting and keep praying.

Just the thought of not voting Democrat or not voting at all has them discombobulated and confused and thinking the absolute worst

Meanwhile your already living in hell and those prior 5 votes ain't do ****.

Only black men are judged by their lowest common dominator. It's basically you can't out run what's in your nature, no matter how educated or successful you are. Those shackles are always on us and then they wonder why we're ****ed up.

They're doing their bidding. Look at the bots online that pretend to be black to be divisive.

“Child Support” in a nutshell. “Hey, we already imprison most of these black fathers. Let’s go even further, and impose these child support laws for the ones who remain free. Let’s divide families even further”.

Some are to dumb to realize it

You can be anti Trump and ALSO not like the Democratic presidential elect

Maybe Styles vision aligned more with Andrew Yang or what Bernie Sanders was trying to do

Bruh said he preferred Trump brand of racism, then hopped on a song that’s calling out Trumps brand of racism :lol: :{

A LOT of us would’ve rather had Bernie bro. South Carolina did him in but that’s another convo.

Saying you would rather have Trump because at least we know what we getting w him, when the Republicans themselves seem to have no clue what this unpredictable *** dude is doing, just sounds like dumb *** **** :| That’s not thinking critically.

_’s for whatever reason think being cynics and “critical of the system” is a unique political position and be tryna lean on that as a substitute for real thought. That’s entry level politics these days. We ALL dissatisfied w the system, on both sides.

Trump whole damn campaign was based on promoting that both sides ****, thats literally what they want. Because then he can come play the “I’m a outsider that’s gonna go to Washington and battle the career politicians” card

Only black men are judged by their lowest common dominator. It's basically you can't out run what's in your nature, no matter how educated or successful you are. Those shackles are always on us and then they wonder why we're ****ed up.

👏👏👏 Very well put

Voted for Howie Hawkins and Angela Walker

Screen-Shot-2020-08-25-at-2.15.17-PM.png

Bruh said he preferred Trump brand of racism, then hopped on a song that’s calling out Trumps brand of racism :lol: :smh:

A LOT of us would’ve rather had Bernie bro. South Carolina did him in but that’s another convo.

Saying you would rather have Trump because at least we know what we getting w him, when the Republicans themselves seem to have no clue what this unpredictable *** dude is doing, just sounds like dumb *** **** :stoneface: That’s not thinking critically.

_’s for whatever reason think being cynics and “critical of the system” is a unique political position and be tryna lean on that as a substitute for real thought. That’s entry level politics these days. We ALL dissatisfied w the system, on both sides.

Trump whole damn campaign was based on promoting that both sides ****, thats literally what they want. Because then he can come play the “I’m a outsider that’s gonna go to Washington and battle the career politicians” card

He might not totally understand all the semantics behind Trump's campaign and what he's done or hasn't done as President but at the end of the day just like you he has an opinion and choice.

In the grand scheme of things everything your speaking about or the points your trying to make really doesn't matter because if Styles kept that same exact energy but said it in reverse no one would have anything to say

When it comes to BLACK people you have to be a Rhodes scholar and a have a lifelong career in politics for you to have a differing opinion in the political space without being dragged by your own people.

It really might be as simple as him being a former street ***** and equating politics to those very streets.

To the vein of I rather know my enemy and move accordingly than get rocked to sleep by someone who acts like they have my best interest who really is against me.

His limited knowledge of politics wouldn't matter to you at all if he was parroting or regurgitating a liberal agenda from that same place of naiveness.

We not telling Cube or Styles to educate themselves or they aren't qualified or smart enough if they are going on television and speaking on behalf of the Democratic party and that's my issue.

Bruh said he preferred Trump brand of racism, then hopped on a song that’s calling out Trumps brand of racism :lol: :smh:

You gotta look deeper into what he's saying if that's all you took away from it. I personally don't agree, I'd rather have racists afraid to be racists but I understand where he's coming from. I'm not gonna call him an idiot just because he's not sucking democrat **** and acting like the white man with the blue tie is gonna rescue him as opposed to the white man with the red tie. Yall kill me with this 'both sides' bs anytime someone is critical and objective. Just a lazy way to dismiss an opinion that's different. He makes a lot of valid points. That headline is clickbait AF

You gotta look deeper into what he's saying if that's all you took away from it. I personally don't agree, I'd rather have racists afraid to be racists but I understand where he's coming from. I'm not gonna call him an idiot just because he's not sucking democrat **** and acting like the white man with the blue tie is gonna rescue him as opposed to the white man with the red tie. Yall kill me with this 'both sides' bs anytime someone is critical and objective. Just a lazy way to dismiss an opinion that's different. He makes a lot of valid points. That headline is clickbait AF

Its equally lazy to think Black people who simply vote Democratic, aren’t cynical or critical of that party :lol. And the idea that black people who vote Democratic are looking for a president to “rescue” them is flat out untrue. That’s that “Democratic plantation” nonsense yall feeding into. Lazy.

*****s are saying just to make an easy decision. One tool...to move the country in a better direction. While doing the work in your community. Voting is just one tool. I keep saying this. The people up for election in these past 2 cycles (mid terms/this election....can be held accountable, and *****s can start moving to leverage their votes or steer the system/break it).

If you don’t wanna vote. That’s fine. That makes active, white supremacist literally glee with joy. But it’s your choice. You can be critical. That too is fine.

At the end of the day, if you’re doing what your doing in your community, and moving/preparing you and yours in a better direction collectively, you’re doing the right thing.

Its equally lazy to think Black people who simply vote Democratic, aren’t cynical or critical of that party :lol:. And the idea that black people who vote Democratic are looking for a president to “rescue” them is flat out untrue. That’s that “Democratic plantation” nonsense yall feeding into. Lazy.

*****s are saying just to make an easy decision. One tool...to move the country in a better direction. While doing the work in your community. Voting is just one tool. I keep saying this. The people up for election in these past 2 cycles (mid terms/this election....can be held accountable, and *****s can start moving to leverage their votes or steer the system/break it).

If you don’t wanna vote. That’s fine. That makes active, white supremacist literally glee with joy. But it’s your choice. You can be critical. That too is fine.

At the end of the day, if you’re doing what your doing in your community, and moving/preparing you and yours in a better direction collectively, you’re doing the right thing.

I'm just going by what I see and I don't ever see any avid democrat voter ever give real criticism of the party, black or otherwise. Definitely not on this site. If you do you get hit with that 'both sides' bs and labeled as an idiot. A lot of these people are just as warped as the right wingers they like to poke fun of. I've never voted anything other than democrat. All I see is flip the Senate, end the filibuster, pack the courts etc. People are fooling themselves if they really expect all that to happen. I mean I wish it would go down like that but I don't believe in fairy tales. We'll see if these politicians live up to their promises. I don't have any expectations.

He might not totally understand all the semantics behind Trump's campaign and what he's done or hasn't done as President but at the end of the day just like you he has an opinion and choice.

In the grand scheme of things everything your speaking about or the points your trying to make really doesn't matter because if Styles kept that same exact energy but said it in reverse no one would have anything to say

When it comes to BLACK people you have to be a Rhodes scholar and a have a lifelong career in politics for you to have a differing opinion in the political space without being dragged by your own people.

It really might be as simple as him being a former street ***** and equating politics to those very streets.

To the vein of I rather know my enemy and move accordingly than get rocked to sleep by someone who acts like they have my best interest who really is against me.

His limited knowledge of politics wouldn't matter to you at all if he was parroting or regurgitating a liberal agenda from that same place of naiveness.

We not telling Cube or Styles to educate themselves or they aren't qualified or smart enough if they are going on television and speaking on behalf of the Democratic party and that's my issue.

Nah I absolutely would, cause my biggest gripe is inward. The black collective relationship w the Democratic Party is way more nuanced than the convos we be having. _’s is not unified like that.

Black ppl voted en masse for Biden over Sanders and everybody else.

Like they was starting to write that _ off as a long shot behind Sanders, Buttigieg and Warren. He basically came from behind and stole the nomination and a big part of that **** was his black support.

Idk if it was the Obama connection or if Sanders just seemed too radical for the older black ppl and _’s wanted somebody safer and more “normal” after Trump, but we had the chance at a seemingly progressive candidate and chose otherwise. We seemingly got the candidate “we” wanted but now he looking lame and we shifting the convo to the “maybe the republicans not too bad after all”/ “both sides” **** instead of looking internally

That should be the biggest convo, the Trump vs XYZ **** is a distraction

Last edited:
I'm just going by what I see and I don't ever see any avid democrat voter ever give real criticism of the party, black or otherwise. Definitely not on this site. If you do you get hit with that 'both sides' bs and labeled as an idiot. A lot of these people are just as warped as the right wingers they like to poke fun of. I've never voted anything other than democrat. All I see is flip the Senate, end the filibuster, pack the courts etc. People are fooling themselves if they really expect all that to happen. I mean I wish it would go down like that but I don't believe in fairy tales. We'll see if these politicians live up to their promises. I don't have any expectations.

It Happens in the political thread often. *****s be cooking pelosi, shumer, Feinstein etc. moderate/centrist dems etc. 2018 mid terms, should show you that. Them mfer’s got primaries.....and people who actually talking about the **** we talk about got elected to the house, and some to the senate. And got some of them old, white folks with comfortable Democratic seats who ain’t doing nothing out of the paint. **** would he even worse right now without the 2018 mid terms. And America has been exposed for how thin/bare it is.

But see, the senate is up for grabs...and expanding the courts is on the table. The climate right now, is ripe for progress. And you seem to understand that. You call it a fairy tale...but it’s actually the most realistic it’s been since black people actually got the right to vote. Which was in the late 60s. Ovbiously, it’s going to take a long time to undo all the policies of white supremacy in America. But it’s on the table.

This **** to me is far less about Biden/Trump than it is about Mitch McConnell and the stranglehold of the damn senate and judges etc.

Reasonable people can see that way....and not try to paint voting the apartheid party out of power as being non critical. I’m trying to get all the White supremacist out of politics by any means necessary. Voting is one tool. They happen to be overwhelmingly and actively on the Republican ticket. So I’ll stand in line for 30 mins of my day (at best)....and vote against them.

That does not mean I am not critical of any politician. In a representative Democracy...I understand who I can hold accountable. Less people with corporate internet.

Back
Top Bottom