Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

So you think 45+ year old Vlad listens to these 20 year old kids he interviews?

You're bull****ting right now

He ask them about diss songs and controversy, not their actual projects or anything in detail. Dude doesn't even know common knowledge stuff of 90's artist.

When is the last time he asked Boosie about an actual album or mixtape?

Vlad cares more about the police cases and the static. He doesn't care about these cats. At least with Ak, he playing their music and geeking out over them. Adam22 is another one they need to get up out here.

Vlad definitely listens to the artists he interviews music. He says it and references that all the time.

Even Nipsey said Ak wasn't for the culture.

Man, Nipsey ain’t the end all be all. :lol: :lol: :lol: I’m a huge Nip fan but that’s an inaccurate take. The whole culture was sold out welllll before Akademiks came. Social Media and millennials, gen Z are the ones NOT For the culture. As well as modern day radio. They’re all peddling BS.

I knew hip hop was done when ESPN, and corporations started sticking their nose into Meek Mill and Drake beef and sided with Drake. Look how fans criticize Meek and Pusha T in regards to Drake, it’s straight fake. They coddle that fool. Rap ain’t never been about coddling.

Ironically TNT, ESPN and a lot of radio and SM platforms never supported Nipsey when he was alive. They only showed love when bruh died. The whoLe
Rap game is fake right now. That’s not on Akademiks. When I saw some female (Not sure if she was white or south african, maybe ethiopian) criticized rappers for not being supportive of LGBQT, I knew what time it was. Some of these people just started listening to rap. And they definitely not gone do research. And there’s a LOT of people like this. So, this is where we are.

So you think 45+ year old Vlad listens to these 20 year old kids he interviews?

You're bull****ting right now

He ask them about diss songs and controversy, not their actual projects or anything in detail. Dude doesn't even know common knowledge stuff of 90's artist.

When is the last time he asked Boosie about an actual album or mixtape?

exactly. 85% of his interviews, He doesn’t even discuss music. That’s the problem with music nowadays. People don’t even discuss the actual songs. It’s all feminine gossip

Man, Nipsey ain’t the end all be all. :lol: :lol: :lol: I’m a huge Nip fan but that’s an inaccurate take. The whole culture was sold out welllll before Akademiks came. Social Media and millennials are the ones NOT For the culture. As well as modern day radio. They’re all peddling BS.

I knew hip hop was done when ESPN, and corporations started sticking their nose into Meek Mill and Drake beef and sided with Drake. Look how fans criticize Meek and Pusha T in regards to Drake, it’s straight fake. They coddle that fool. Rap ain’t never been about coddling.

Ironically TNT, ESPN and a lot of radio and SM platforms never supported Nipsey when he was alive. They only showed love when bruh died. The whoLe
Rap game is fake right now. That’s not on Akademiks
Mother ****ers who called him wack when he was alive came around praising him when he died. **** fake as hell.

Ak has admitted himself on numerous drunk live streams that he hates the bulk of the **** he posts :lol: :smh:

It’s a job, he gets paid to promo certain _’s and the rest are people who are “lit” (his literal words)

Edit: why are _’s pressed to defend this cornball :lol:

Ak has admitted, himselfhe hates the bulk of the **** he posts tho :lol:

It’s a job, he gets paid to promo certain _’s and the rest are people who are “lit”

Even the devil must be given his due.

King Von gets shot

Boosie, do you want to talk about it.

Boosie has a mixtape coming out

[crickets]

Well I posted the video on my channel.

That's the problem I had with Mysonne. Mysonne had mixtapes coming out and never talked about them on his biggest platform, Vlad's interviews. Instead it was industry gossip. Mysonne what do you think of Tekashi. Not, what's your new mixtape about. Not, what do you mean by this song. Not even for a minute during the interview. Not even on some MReck ****, where he post a plug for the mixtape after the interview. Vlad doesn't even do that for people.

Yo I'm not appearing on your **** if you don't promote my projects. You're not paying me and you're exploiting me.

Last edited:
Ak has admitted himself on numerous drunk live streams that he hates the bulk of the **** he posts :lol: :smh:

It’s a job, he gets paid to promo certain _’s and the rest are people who are “lit” (his literal words)

We defended him because calling him a culture vulture is false. I’m not a fan of his, I can’t stand dude. But I will never call a fellow brother a culture vulture. No matter how corny or lame. At the end of the Day, he’s a byproduct of hip hop culture

We defended him because calling him a culture vulture is false. I’m not a fan of his, I can’t stand dude. But I will never call a fellow brother a culture vulture. No matter how corny or lame. At the end of the Day, he’s a byproduct of hip hop culture

Street culture is not black culture bro, you're a outsider if you not entrenched in it

Meek said something about the streets yesterday and _’s treated HIM like a outsider cause he removed from a lot of it now, and you telling me AK is entitled to it? :lol:

Piecing together street beefs for the white gaze is not hip hop culture. Bro had 13 yr white kids in Chief Keef twitter mentions talking about they better go kill so and so for what they did last week :stoneface:

Especially when their justification for calling him a vulture is because he's from another BLACK COUNTRY that has had A BIG Impact on the Genre.

Street culture is not black culture bro, you're a outsider if you not entrenched in it

Meek said something about the streets yesterday and _’s treated HIM like a outsider cause he removed from a lot of it now, and you telling me AK is entitled to it? :lol:

Piecing together street beefs for the white gaze is not hip hop culture. Bro had 13 yr white kids in Chief Keef twitter mentions talking about they better go kill so and so for what they did last week :stoneface:

What? Bruh, he was born in JAMAICA. They’ve had a huge presence in music, let alone hip hop. I never said street culture is black culture. You’re putting words in my mouth. I’m talking about BEATS, SAMPLES, etc. dances, it’s all intertwined. At the end of the day he’s a black man. His forefathers endured oppression. Whether he noticed it in his life or not, he’s a byproduct of HIP HOP culture.

IDGAF about Meek and his cronies. That has absolutely NOTHING to do with what I’m talking about. You think every producer or beatmaker is from the streets? You think every rapper is from the streets? No. Everyone who consumes rap is not from the streets. If the streets was this and that, dudes like 69 or Lil Pump wouldn’t exist.

Bottom line, Akademiks is a black man. And Jamaican at that, like him or not he’s one of us. It may be nepotism but, whatever.

“Piecing together street beefs” but ya’ll let s*** like Vice TV and Networks like the History channels “Gangland” profit off gang culture.

All these youtubers capitalizing off rap beefs and rap gossip. White and black people, but y’all not calling out them....

them white kids confortable going at chief Keef because a lot of yall soft *** Nieces, nephews and kids who are that age range (9-13 years old) are soft and scary, and don’t know anything about their culture.

it’s only going to get worse cause of these weak Millennial parents

Yall obviously don't listen to most those interviews cause the music is discussed just as much as the controversy. Especially with new guest that don't be on there a lot. I'll let yall stick to that ole tired, lazy take about Vlad being the feds though. Even Benny said that was stupid of people lol

Yall obviously don't listen to most those interviews cause the music is discussed just as much as the controversy. Especially with new guest that don't be on there a lot. I'll let yall stick to that ole tired, lazy take about Vlad being the feds though. Even Benny said that was stupid of people lol
You're one to talk about lazy takes. Look at all of the reasons you've given about AK being a vulture(which are foolish takes). If anything, it shows you know nothing about black culture, nor street culture. You in here dancing and jiving it up for Adam22 and Glad. You must be an agent.

I treat hip hop like sports. White people created basketball and whatnot so, they profit the most off it. For instance, yeah, Lebron may make 300 million over his career, but Mark Cuban will make 5 billion.

Rap should be the same. Yeah, macklemore or eminem may make 200 million off rap, but Dr. Dre and Diddy, Jay-Z should and have made over 2 billion each. That’s my opinion.

We’ll let yall play the game, but we make the most hand-over-fist money. The black moguls deserve billions, and let the white, asians, whomever want involvement make a few million. Simple.

we created it

Ak def a culture vulture, and we need to retire that term :lol:. *****s using it all wrong. You can be of “the culture” and still exploit it nefariously for financial gain, while also contributing to the artistic destruction of it. Akademiks did & does that.

Doesn’t make him any less of a black man or outside of “the culture” (another term that needs to go).

Vlad definitely listens to the artists he interviews music. He says it and references that all the time.

Even Nipsey said Ak wasn't for the culture.

Vlad has said multiple times he listens to the artist before interviewing them. So he’s doing his homework and he’s not even good at that.

He asked Darkchild a question about Whitney and Darkchild looked at him like he was stupid.

I’ve been posting for years, stop watching these fools. Should be watching black or Hispanic people do these interviews.

Ak def a culture vulture, and we need to retire that term :lol:. *****s using it all wrong. You can be of “the culture” and still exploit it nefariously for financial gain, while also contributing to the artistic destruction of it. Akademiks did & does that.

Doesn’t make him any less of a black man or outside of “the culture” (another term that needs to go).

You a culture killer. Diluting and killing the culture with all the garbage and talentless pieces of **** you post.

They should start having a white versus (not serious)
Bubba Sparxxxx vs Miilkbone
Genovese vs jojo pelligrino
Yella Wolf vs MGK
Eminem vs Macklemore & the beastie boys

Back
Top Bottom