Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

But...how were you introduced to the drug? If it wasn't attached to a culture you weren't indoctrinated into...would you have "tried" it?

There are subcultures that are into mescaline. I bet somebody pull that out around you and your homies...ya'll ain't gonna wanna **** with it...because it's not tied to anything you're familiar with.

Much like anyone on here that's 30 and over can tell you what the "hip-hop" mindset used to be towards pills. That was considered "white boy ****". Somewhere around the mid 2000s that changed...and now it's a part of the culture...thus now it's common to hear Daeshwan popping the same pills that *****s thought Eminem was weird for talking about in 99.

Yeah....Pills used used to be seen as “white boy ****” and drugs you don’t **** with until like The early 00s when ***** started popping E.

Lean was a subculture in Texas/Philly for a long time. Then it blew up.

People love designer drugs though. Once it becomes exclusive and expensive and coveted...there’s an allure to it.

Aye man you really need to be an A&R and getting paid off of drawing attention to artists. You stay keyed in on these young buzzing [often not good] randos :lol: :lol:

:emoji_grin: I be out and around man :lol:. I’m just telling yalll what be buzzing around the way, and sound good. Between being back and forth from Baltimore to ATL...I be in the mix.

Wavy stay promoting these lil dudes as prodigy's and future greats. :lol:

Who I say that wasn’t nice that ain’t blow up, or have something y’all rocking with though? :nerd:

WavyDamus :pimp:

Complex still taking L's I see. Drake and Em took a shots at their two former hosts in the matter of 2 weeks without a show or content. Guess Joe's podcast and AK twitch is going to be lit next week

Lean was a subculture in Texas/Philly for a long time. Then it blew up.

I'm still trying to trace exactly when this happened.

I first heard of lean when "Sippin on some Sizzurp" came out. I think most will agree that's the first "mainstream" exposure to it. That was 2000.

Dipset used to talk about it back in 04-05...Beans and Peddi as well. But I have no idea when it SKYROCKETED into this international culture. I can't remember who used it in a thematic fashion before ASAP Rocky in 2011 for it to become what it is now.

Complex still taking L's I see. Drake and Em took a shots at their two former hosts in the matter of 2 weeks without a show or content. Guess Joe's podcast and AK twitch is going to be lit next week

Complex again, dropped the ball, three of the biggest rappers in the game (including Migos), all firing at Joe...that makes for great content and youtube views

3-6 got the ball rollin with lean and pills. The Houston movement in 05 pushed it more. By the time Wayne jumped on it, it took.

:emoji_grin: I be out and around man :lol:. I’m just telling yalll what be buzzing around the way, and sound good. Between being back and forth from Baltimore to ATL...I be in the mix.

Who I say that wasn’t nice that ain’t blow up, or have something y’all rocking with though? :nerd:

WavyDamus :pimp:

You got it big dawg lol

I know Beans mentioned it on dynasty maybe even on his debut so I'm sure it would be the mid 90s when it became a inner city thing.

I first heard of lean when "Sippin on some Sizzurp" came out. I think most will agree that's the first "mainstream" exposure to it. That was 2000.

Dipset used to talk about it back in 04-05...Beans and Peddi as well. But I have no idea when it SKYROCKETED into this international culture. I can't remember who used it in a thematic fashion before ASAP Rocky in 2011 for it to become what it is now.

Same. I say Wayne really pushed it to the forefront when he used to always walk around with a double cup and rap about it. Then Rocky and Future mad it their image and aesthetic.

I remember going to my cousin Crib in Norfolk, VA in ‘08...him and his lil dope boy friends had K’s, tecs, lean and pills in the spot. Thought they was selling the ****, but they was actually USING the pills. **** tripped me out :lol:. First time I actually seen ***** use Pills.

done it a couple times myself

still real big down in TX sadly

really really overrated drug IMO

couple hours of euphoria then you're constipated for days, itching like crazy and cognitively slow

*****s really just into the optics of it

all the dudes that chronically do it get that lean gut too

Yep. Pimp, Bun, Lord Infamous, Gucci, Keef, and a ton of others all had some variation of the lean gut.

The popularity or lean now started in the late 00’s...pills followed up like 2 years after that

Wasn’t nobody round my way pressed on cough syrup or pills when I was coming up ...now they talking perkies n all that

Joe Budden is being talked about by the Migos in interviews & Drake at the start of his rollout.. what a TIME :lol::lol:

:lol:

So am I hearing this right
Someone who was watching Kodak Instagram live
Snitched on him to the cops
Then they got an arrest warrant
Please tell me that’s not true

Yeah, I was wondering what it was happening. I didn't watch the vid, but I saw people talking about his kid being in the vid.

Someone didn't have to snitch though, because the police have computers just like we do.

Chris is in a weird space. Everyone was expecting that long album to be more impactful that what it was...he can crank out hits like nothing...idk why his reception has been lukewarm lately tho. Even with streaming, it seems like the album didn’t hit the ground running

IMO he's releasing too much music.

the moment joe starts rapping again he blows all of his momentum in the media space

Yeah, I think at this point people would rather hear him talk. Only his devote fans want to hear him rap.

He's not responding. He already barred him up and won. These shots only getting Drake fans excited and those aren't hip hop fans.

I hope he tells the story of him and Drake becoming cool again instead. Feel like that's the right move.

Drake fans will be silent. First Joe was crazy. Then you saw on the French song he wasn't. Then Joe is irrelevant to respond to anymore.

Back
Top Bottom