Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

Joey coming into his own

Would have never thought I’d see this headline when he was making boom bap with his first tape

He was someone who went viral in an unorthodox way

drake scratched trippie redd's verse off gods plan
olFIL9r.png

would yall check for this?
zxjg.png

No thanks. Xxx is garbage and Joey with fit better with Ferg

Am I hearing right. Star is rumored to replacing Joe on Everyday Struggle?

I mean if true, I give it a chance. I wouldn't have mind Lord Jamar but if Star comes on this can go in all types of directions the wrong way lol.

Star is over 50 and more out of touch than Joe. He has said he doesn't like rap for 20 years.

I'm sure it's another totally different show

and I'm sure the show won't last long, either over money or because Star won't have enough control or will piss someone off.

Am I hearing right. Star is rumored to replacing Joe on Everyday Struggle?

I mean if true, I give it a chance. I wouldn't have mind Lord Jamar but if Star comes on this can go in all types of directions the wrong way lol.

Complex would lose all they sponsors after one episode with Star lol that boy is wild. And he would legit make akademiks cry too

Unlike Joe though I don't think Star is going to be a journalist and be getting label information like Joe was. He's just going to give his one sided opinion. I can see Star and Nadeska really getting into. Lol I don't think this will never work. Yea it will be entertaining but for the type of hip hop show that complex is trying to do a controversial or yes man like they want will never work for many reasons.

Star just moved to Atlanta to do behind the scenes ****.

Don't think he would want that kind of attention, don't think Complex can afford him and don't think he'd want to talk about current rap today.

We'll see I think and I don't listen to his radio show but it was said that he ended his radio show to move back to nyc to be working at a place 5 days a week at 6 in the am. So I think people are assuming he is talking about everyday struggle. I guess in due time we will see.

Where is the Star talk coming from?

Star just moved to Atlanta to do behind the scenes ****.

Don't think he would want that kind of attention, don't think Complex can afford him and don't think he'd want to talk about current rap today.

Right. If Joe ain't accept what they wanted to give him I doubt Star would. lol

Bro this show will crash & burn in a week. but i'm in just to see the reaction to Star in this era of PC & think pieces :lol:. Joe spazzed on Ak in a brotherly way, 90% of the time it wasn't with true malice. Star on the other hand really Does not give a singular ****.

Imagine this on set with Nadeska

Last edited:
Nadeska would quit after the 5th 'hey b****, I was talking'

Lord Jamar is openly homophobic and overall a nutty individual.

They might as well keep whoo kid up there and take their L for now.

Whoo kid probably makes more money touring. I doubt he take the gig

Welp just found Star last radio show posted and what was said is true. He signed a contract with someone in nyc to work 5 days a week at 6:30am starting this week and say they reached out to him :lol: if ak and deska, I don't think they know what they are getting themselves into).

Unless I listened wrong he also said this will be announced around 11 tomorrow. So we bout to find out if this everyday struggle rumor is true or not very quick.

Whoo kid probably makes more money touring. I doubt he take the gig

Welp just found Star last radio show posted and what was said is true. He signed a contract with someone in nyc to work 5 days a week at 6:30am starting this week and say they reached out to him :lol: if ak and deska, I don't think they know what they are getting themselves into).

Unless I listened wrong he also said this will be announced around 11 tomorrow. So we bout to find out if this everyday struggle rumor is true or not very quick.

This could very well be any radio/satellite company then. Star thing from the beginning has always been he doesn't really care about hip hop lol. A hiphop station just happened to help him build his platform. I highly doubt it's ES

Lame move

Show won’t work with anyone not named Joe

Someone should front Complex the money Joe wants, in exchange for promotion on their platform or some kinda deal, utilizing their infrastructure

Imagine if Tidal picked up the show (with Joe), in turn, it may entice people to subscribe to tidal

Last edited by a moderator:
Either way the show is as good as done. If Star does join he'll offend a lot these new sensitive people, probably make Nedaska have a break down.

Complex really f'ed up a good thing.

I don't believe it, I just don't BUT if somehow it happens. I'm watching, I love Star. The question is who cries first, Ak or Nebraska?

Why not just make the show solely focused on Nadeska and Ak, while keeping the rotating players in the music industry on guest appearances?

Bro this show will crash & burn in a week. but i'm in just to see the reaction to Star in this era of PC & think pieces :lol:. Joe spazzed on Ak in a brotherly way, 90% of the time it wasn't with true malice. Star on the other hand really Does not give a singular ****.

Imagine this on set with Nadeska

@ 2:20

***** are those hotep air maxes?!

They tried that and the views were down by more than half
Don't remember the reasons to why I started watching, but was Joe that big of a draw? All 3 bring a perspective that made the show, but Joe's role specifically has to hold some weight.

Back
Top Bottom