Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

I agree with some of it but looking back at a lot rap from
The 80s, 90s and 2000s, a lot of credit needs to go to the dudes they sampled. Especially soul beats. The original orchestrators really did like 75% of the work.

This isn't true at all, because the majority of the work wasn't Berg or Puff where they jack the whole song. Those are the rare exceptions. They are making **** basically in to an entire new song and taking pieces so you don't even recognize most of the samples.

Since this was mentioned, this has been sampled hundreds of times

is REAL STYLE an actual thing in hiphop anymore?

all these n_’s just on some “i got on the most expensive s***, so im fresher than you”

honestly, wale the only one i see display his own style and maintain tastefulness.
I don’t have the answer but bell bottom dickies ain’t the way. Who told him that was it?

Ever since around like 2016-2017, the whole rap game just started dressing like Ian Connor and bloody Osiris except for the street rappers who still stick to Designer and dickie suits :lol:

wonder if Off White and Vlone will stick around as long as Bape and Supreme have (as far as transcending generations; I wanted Bapes 15 years ago in elementary school and kids today like Bape too I assume)

Ever since around like 2016-2017, the whole rap game just started dressing like Ian Connor and bloody Osiris except for the street rappers who still stick to Designer and dickie suits :lol:

:lol:

wonder if Off White and Vlone will stick around as long as Bape and Supreme have (as far as transcending generations; I wanted Bapes 15 years ago in elementary school and kids today like Bape too I assume)

Virgil been taxin _'s w Pyrex/Off White for almost 10 years at this point :lol:

He'll just continue to pivot w the youth. Dudes like him seek out and surround themselves with the trendsetters. Osiris be consulting for Off White now lol

It’s like how Kanye always tap in with the young beatmakers i.e. Hit Boy, Lex, Southside, Young Chop, Pierre, etc

I wonder why rappers (or even dudes like kool.kiy) don’t try the whole shoe thing...but actually get real designers who can make original silhouettes :lol:

Back
Top Bottom