Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

Again Jim has been the better rapper for the past decade, but in no form or fashion does he have a better discography then Cam SDE, Come Home With Me, Purple Haze is one of the better 3 album runs in Rap history

Shouts to Capo tho
Funny enough Cam had a similar resurgence literally a decade ago, just wasted it sharing the spotlight with Vado

Again Jim has been the better rapper for the past decade, but in no form or fashion does he have a better discography then Cam SDE, Come Home With Me, Purple Haze is one of the better 3 album runs in Rap history

Shouts to Capo tho

Since 2006 Jim has consistently dropped good-great projects while Cam has dropped mostly bricks. Cam projects don't even be mixed right. :lol:

savage.jpg

Love the cover's tribute to No Limit/Master P, now listening to his album for the first time as I liked Without Warning and X's video/song with Future, first song, a sample, nice, and this one reminds me of a song but I can't tell which one now, sample is from I Thought It Took a Little Time (But Today I Fell in Love) from Diana Ross (source : whosampled.com), and this original track have been sampled in another rap song I can't remember right now, as I didn't find it on whosampled.com must be french rap.
I like how 21 Savage is so pleasant to listen, and it seemed easy to rap for him, nothing laborious

EDIT : find the song

great way they sampled it by the way

EDIT 2 : Concerning SAVAGE MODE II : Great album ! Production, rap, how skits are imbricated into the album, perfect, just wasn't sure about the song with Drake at first but that was all, listening it again, love this kind of easy listening rap but still of quality

Last edited:
he's been more consistent, but cam has the superior albums, singles, verses, freestyles etc etc

Hustlers Pome is just as good as any Cam album. Cam don't have a undeniable classic album. I don't see the big gap in quality, Cam's albums never come up in those discussions. People talk like Cam was Jay/Nas level then just decided to start rapping goofy once he got with Rocafella. Just like Wayne, he was never THAT nice. Jim hit a prime/peak and just kept improving and putting out quality. If you in a race and the other dude run outta gas, yeah you passed him.

Hustlers Pome is just as good as any Cam album. Cam don't have a undeniable classic album. I don't see the big gap in quality, Cam's albums never come up in those discussions. People talk like Cam was Jay/Nas level then just decided to start rapping goofy once he got with Rocafella. Just like Wayne, he was never THAT nice. Jim hit a prime/peak and just kept improving and putting out quality. If you in a race and the other dude run outta gas, yeah you passed him.
Don’t do it bro, u won’t win. Let them have it. The smoke settled already we see what’s what.

Hustlers Pome is just as good as any Cam album.
giphy.gif

We got it Jones the best out the group right now (always been #2 in my book). But I can't even give him most consistent cuz when he ran outta Max B tracks for a year or two dude was goin thru Max B and Jay-z clones and rapping on Lex Luger beats tryna find his sound. Dude was releasing 25 track mixtapes nobody was listening to

Back
Top Bottom