Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

Real talk, I feel like Daniel Kayuula is that guy for that mantel. Hella talented.

He and Lakeith but feels like LaKeith be on that artisty **** to latch on too hard to mainstream roles.

I was just thinking the other day while watching Coming 2 America and thinking about Wesley how our best young black male actors are all british

We get Michael B Jordan, Zeke and Tariq St Patrick :ohwell:

I understand the idea of selling out but there’s so much nuance and other **** convoluted in this now.

the basic premise was supposed to be to support black, buy black, etc. to keep black money circulating within black communities. I’m not sure if those same guidelines can apply to Swizz and Hov when the black businesses are worth millions.

And that’s not even touching a lot of black people already saying Verzuz was clipped before the deal, and not even wanting to purchase Tidal.

I understand the idea of selling out but there’s so much nuance and other **** convoluted in this now.

the basic premise was supposed to be to support black, buy black, etc. to keep black money circulating within black communities. I’m not sure if those same guidelines can apply to Swizz and Hov when the black businesses are worth millions.

And that’s not even touching a lot of black people already saying Verzuz was clipped before the deal, and not even wanting to purchase Tidal.

One of the big critiques of Verzuz when it first dropped was that they didn’t have an independent platform to host it on. After they went with Apple, people should’ve recognized it would turn out to be a money play. The move to triller is just more of the same.

One of the big critiques of Verzuz when it first dropped was that they didn’t have an independent platform to host it on. After they went with Apple, people should’ve recognized it would turn out to be a money play. The move to triller is just more of the same.

I’ve never played with them type of chips so I won’t say they’re dumb for making the move but man that’s a bold move to make when we haven’t even left the pandemic and we haven’t seen how Verzuz could do with a crowd or in a touring/arena atmosphere.

first thing I thought when they came up with the concept is that this could be a TV show with live crowd participation.

They sold very early IMO.

I think the issue is that after things became more extravagant, like with what Teddy tried to do, and then what Beanie and Bounty did. You couldn't continue asking people to do it just because they were chilling at home bored and it went away from a fun thing.

Edit: I'm seeing that Tim and Swiss got equity in Triller, and they got ownership percentages for the artists who participated, so it's not more of the same. This is actually getting some sort of leverage. It's not the same as building their own platform, but it's better than selling their brainchild to the highest bidder for them to bastardize. I'm not mad at it.

Not as bad as J Prince or Wack

but I find it odd when dudes promote themselves. Nobody can just lay low anymore.

In all honesty it seems like not promoting himself has done him more harm then good & he seems to be a lot on the milder side compared to some of the other dudes in his bracket

I keep telling y’all, I’m not going for any ‘Riq slander. Y’all going to look up one day, super proud after he gives a historical performance in some movie in some years to come. The boy is a star. Honor HIM!
🤴🏾
🤴🏾
🤴🏾

E72C875E-D3B0-46FE-8452-7074E89C5162.jpeg

I like how Big U handled this.

Not feeling how Quando handled this :lol:.

The stark difference in maturity right here is wild lol

We already saw Rondo ***’d and get whooped. Like dawg, all that rapping/talking tough. We saw you get splacked.

You got beat up and ya mans saved you. End of story. Own it

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom