Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

Getting worse and worse

Because dude doubled and tripled down on it causing more controversy before just finally admitting he was wrong.

You're killing your corporate money. Dudes are stupid. You won't be seeing dude in any Sprite or Doritos commercials.

Dude is damn near 30 too.

Ya'll serious?

Did you see the original rant?

Imagine Donald Trump said, why are you guys offended, Ben Carson was right behind me. He was fine with it and clapped right along. Larry Elder, Jason Whitlock and my boy Kanye approved also.

If you ain't got AIDS, put your cell phone up....

If you ain't sucking **** in the parking lot, put your cell phone up...

You think it's a coincidence he said those right next to each other. Ummmmm

Then the part about they ain't nasty, as if only drug addicts and promiscuous gay people get AIDS. That was insulting to those who lost their lives, much less the straight or people who died from blood transfusions.

If y'all don't think that was homophonic, then gay people have a lot more educating to do. Because it was the definition of it.
And in the mist if it all you can hear his DJ/Hypeman saying "and alot of yall suspect, too"

You goalpost moving if you think that statement not homophobic, dude shoulda just educated himself and then apologized later (he prolly gon do that anyways but yea).

Totally forgot dude literally on camera punching a female but gotta get destroyed for this

Pretty much.

He been losing traction like tho. The pile on will come, and he can shake/ignore it, or make better music and be more endearing in some way. Buddy already WON. Everything else is house money. That rant and the follow up was idiotic.

It’s funny. I saw some tweets some months ago about how as soon as he comes on in the car on shuffle, it’s an instant skip :lol:

Was riding with my girl a few weeks back and had the Apple shuffle on, and as soon she heard the beat, drop and the ***** voice….she immediately and asked if I could skip it :lol:. Same with Meg for a moment.

A8F7B16F-90BD-4B33-AFDA-8B5ECB29F519.png

In what time was Kanye ever considered a lyricist ?

*****s was calling him a “backpack rapper” (in Louis Vuitton ironically enough) and associating him being “conscious” and a “lyricist” because of his image, and who he hung out with :lol:. See below….

When he was hanging around Common, GLC, Rhymefest, Kweli, and Consequence. Basically lyrical by associating

Yup.

Even at his best, he was sub par “lyrically”. He Just made good music on good production with a good team from 03-08.

Kanye might have been considered a "lyricist" to the casual rap fan. Everyone beyond that knew he didn't write. That was never something they tried to hide or conceal. He even thanked Rhymefest for Jesus Walks during the Grammy speech at the time.

I remember my man said Kanye was nice, I was like, Common is nice, Kanye is ok.

but in comparison what you normally listen to, he might be nice

Kanye lyrics aint never been kanye lyrics
"Ask for it I did it, that ******* done did it
Talked it then he lived it, spit it then he **** it
I don't need writers, I might bounce ideas
But only I could come up with some **** like this"

He deaded this age old nonsense in 07.

Rhymefest & him both wrote Jesus Walks:

He clearly ain't write "violent crimes" b/c the versus were mediocre as hell. all i could think about when i heard that song was "new day" from wtt.

****** better take note of this, saying anything malicious about that community will come at a price.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom