Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

It’s 100% his putrid middle school sounding voice, cause he does have some nice songs, but I can’t get past his voice at all, especially over the course of a full album.

Those NY drill dudes and moaning crying harmonizers are [mostly] trash but have nothing to do with Big Sean not really being better than any of his peers.
Yeah, I wasn't really messing with Sean's music off rip. It is the voice when you come down to it. Especially crazy how his verse will bring down a track on a posse cut.

He was among the mix with Wale, Wiz, Cole, Drake, and I was not feeling his mixtapes.

Not at all surprised Kanye dissed him.
He's probably the most successful Detroit rapper not named Em, but we all know he's far from the best. Probably not even top 5.

Favorite Big Sean song as well:

Yeah, I don't care how mainstream or successful he's become. Dude is just mediocre to me.

I think of Royce and Elzhi before him when it comes to Det rappers.

Man that DMX documentary was sad.
Contract signing was cringeworthy. Man ain’t know what he was signing at all even with his lawyer in the room. Never realized how bad it was but dude was a true junkie, came right through in the documentary. Sad sight to see especially someone that touched so many people in a real way

Contract signing was cringeworthy. Man ain’t know what he was signing at all even with his lawyer in the room. Never realized how bad it was but dude was a true junkie, came right through in the documentary. Sad sight to see especially someone that touched so many people in a real way
Right. Dude didn’t even care about what he was signing, must have been desperate for money. He also had judgements against him, so he prob didn’t even see much of the money from that contract. Poor DMX was down bad and it seemed like he had no one in his corner to help him.

20211127_202739.jpg

Hatch tapped in. I'ma go head & compare this (Mississippi) to 4:44. The only difference is Hatch isn't sorry, & I'm not sure if he should be. Instant classic. I don't care, it's an instant classic. I ain't felt this way since TPAB. Instant classic.

Columbia was like this when I went earlier this year. Never been there as far as I know b4, but it felt like home.

"blackball me? ***** my balls been black"
-Boosie

Don't remember there being a white one. I copped when they did the online release for the album. Got the album/shirt for $40. Took like 3 months to get it in the mail lol.

2018 was a good year for hip hop.

Don't remember there being a white one. I copped when they did the online release for the album. Got the album/shirt for $40. Took like 3 months to get it in the mail lol.

2018 was a good year for hip hop.
Think because I bought at the concert they had different merch or colors but a good year in hip hop for sure

Back
Top Bottom