Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

Soulja Boy face should replace Chief Keefs #NoTroll
He was the first to start popping through social media and created a lot of clones through that. Plus a lot of these new artists that everybody love credit him.

the way he used the Internet to promote his music, sure he will always get credit for that. but as far as influencing how other people sound? Soulja Tsung has no claim.

How much credit we giving dudes for influencing trash and making lazy music?

Nas, Pac, Big, Hov influenced rappers to step up. Dre, DJ Premier, Kanye influenced the sound of Hip Hop for the better.

I'll even put Drake, Kendrick and Cole in there for influencing Hip Hop for the better.

Chief Keef and Lil B? C'mon man...

Jay-z, Jigga, Hova, Shawn Carter

giphy.gif

2 representatives out of Nola?

I'd sub out Juvie with Gucci. Can't just forget about the A and their dominance the last 15 ish years.

I got Bun, Trick, Big Boi and Killer Mike ahead of Gucci and you’re not finding a bigger Gucci fan

Cash Money doesn’t pop without Juvie and he got one of the GOAT southern albums

Kanye having 3 or 4 classics is ****in crazy, y'all gotta relax. I'll never understand the obsession with that guy. No way are people playing 3-4 Kanye albums straight through without skipping songs.

That's the worst Mt Rushmore I've ever seen. You couldn't make a worse one if you tried.

It doesn't matter that you don't think he has 3 or 4 classics. It's the consensus.

I thought the Mt. Rushmore convo was about “recent” artists. But again....my post 2000 Mt. Rushmore still stands.

Gucci Mane
Lil Boosie
Future
Lil Wayne

:pimp:

It was about artists who molded the current crop of music. But you know he had to drop in and hate. That mt. That list you got is off unless you just talking about the South

How much credit we giving dudes for influencing trash and making lazy music?

Nas, Pac, Big, Hov influenced rappers to step up. Dre, DJ Premier, Kanye influenced the sound of Hip Hop for the better.

I'll even put Drake, Kendrick and Cole in there for influencing Hip Hop for the better.

Chief Keef and Lil B? C'mon man...

This whole post is true, but unfortunately influence is influence, and in the past 10 years, the biggest influencers in music have been Kanye, Birdman's son, Chief, and a mashup of Drake/Future. Their prints are all over today's music

Back
Top Bottom