Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

Yeah, one thing about sampling was they started trying to flip and find obscure songs trying to differentiate and impress other producers. Also so they wouldn't be sued or lose their publishing after Biz's(RIP) issue. Samples would be unrecognizable.

Now they're doing the Puff route, but have no music history knowledge, so their knowledge of music is limited to 2010 and up. What do we sample, what was already a hit.

Like I said no rules, and anybody can be a producer these days with a computer.

Any of y’all familiar with this E40 song/vid?

NO NO NO NO NO RustyShackleford RustyShackleford

he-cant-keep-getting-away-with-it.gif

Always wondered what the lox/roc beef stemmed from.

Never knew styles was dissin jay on reservoir dogs. Lol

the stories that would be floating around school that Monday after the Kappa Beach Party, scandalous behavior

it was always some dude walking around with a python around his neck at every black college function
all the girls coming over "ooh can i pet it" the symbolism.
In high school I had a teacher that would go to the Kappa Beach Party. How did we know? She would tell us :lol: she was fine as hell. I know her last name was Mc something. I’m sure if I can find my yearbook I can find her.

Also I remember on PBS real late at night they would show clips and videos from Kappa weekend. Miss those days man.

the sampling wouldn't be so annoying if it were actually creatively flipped, but they just jingle some keys over Freek-A-Leek or something and call it a day then have some girl rolling her neck and yelling like a teenager acting out in the lunchroom
Yea that is annoying as hell. At this point I’d rather they just straight up rap/sing over the original beat and call it a day. All they do is change one note and do a terrible version of the original. Saweetie is probably the biggest offender of this today with her karaoke music.

Yea that is annoying as hell. At this point I’d rather they just straight up rap/sing over the original beat and call it a day. All they do is change one note and do a terrible version of the original. Saweetie is probably the biggest offender of this today with her karaoke music.
Nah, Young Berg aka Hitmaka is the most flagrant offender. Same regurgitated way of production, then throw Jeremih off key *** on the hook

Back
Top Bottom