Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

It's hilarious watching people compare Gunna to 69. I promise Gunna will be fine.
69 really fooled people into believing his music was popping before he became an informant.
Dude was NEVER popping musically. I never heard his music outside.
Gunna drop one hot record, and everything back to normal.
Long as Wheezy & Turbo work with him, he gucci.

This ***** don't need Wheezy either :lol:
All these ****** speaking on him bout to be salty as hell, as predicted.

Looking like the Feds picked up his charges.

There's something fishy around Boosie

all of these random stops of him where he's been fussing at the police have been occurring over the past couple of years. I recall at least two instances where he was ranting on IG and berating the cops. That **** isn't normal.

Just like those two girls. If they aren't pulling you over for speeding. They already know and have a tip.

The people who he thinks are taking the wrap for him.....

I think this release Gunna was just rushed. It’s got some heat but I’ll probably only listen to 2-3 from it.

Someone mentioned the sound being off, I can hear it. His vocals sound really flat and the synths aren’t as rich. Shoot even on “P angels” you can hear a damn smoke alarm chirp 😂 unless that misplaced sound was intentional idk

Could be diff producers but prolly different mixing & engineering crew.

My baby gon be born rich.. hey ....heeeEeEEEeEy
singing-james-brown.gif

Last edited:
I don’t think that old model works for women and definitely not in 2023. Meg sold 100k records but WAP did 7M as a single. She’s a brand with a machine behind her. Cardi ain’t had an album in years and she’s still a superstar. Munch got ice spice a deal with spanx or something.

They aren’t in a rush to put out albums. I’m not in that demographic so I might have it all wrong
Cardi first album did rly well tho (two #1's) and for what it's worth she's put out an album worth of singles out that chart. Meg selling 100k means she can sell albums.

The most concise example I could say is City Girls. With all they did 4 the culture, had a few singles, they just openers for Jack Harlow. Sweetie another example but I never heard a song 4m her that I thought sounded good.

Cardi first album did rly well tho (two #1's) and for what it's worth she's put out an album worth of singles out that chart. Meg selling 100k means she can sell albums.

The most concise example I could say is City Girls. With all they did 4 the culture, had a few singles, they just openers for Jack Harlow. Sweetie another example but I never heard a song 4m her that I thought sounded good.
Yeah I just think they move way differently than men. Glorilla got like 3 songs and one being with cardi I think. She got a Tommy Hilfiger deal. Just churn 3 bangers a year and have enough of an online presence

Back
Top Bottom