Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

I don't put a ton of stock into "NY bias" but I can't find any other reason why someone would claim Juelz was on the same level as Wayne when I Can't Feel My Face dropped.

That was post Carter 1 and 2 as well as post Dedication 1 and 2. No one was on Wayne's level at that point. That's literally Wayne's "best rapper alive (since the best rapper retired)" period.

I **** with Juelz. But let's be for real.

I ain't from NY :lol:

03-06 they was pretty much even. Juelz was poppin. What the games missing sold 141k first week. Carter 1 sold 116k first week. Juelz had Lindsey Lohan twerking on him in Jay Leno. :lol: Dude was viral before viral was a thing. Waynes tapes and features pushed him ahead. After that Lloyd record and Make it Rain.

Juelz was a influence on Wayne. _ started dressing and talking like him and Jim.

Wayne was a beast but he was never the best rapper, it was definitely dudes on his level and dudes that was more poppin than him in that period. Tip, Jeezy and Kanye.

Last edited:
I ain't from NY :lol:

03-06 they was pretty much even. Juelz was poppin. What the games missing sold 141k first week. Carter 1 sold 116k first week. Juelz had Lindsey Lohan twerking on him in Jay Leno. :lol: Dude was viral before viral was a thing. Waynes tapes and features pushed him ahead. After that Lloyd record and Make it Rain.
You just compared Wayne's 1st Carter album sales to Juelz's follow up album. We all know Tha Block is Hot, Lights Out, and 500 Drgreez exist. And he had the Sqad run prior to Tha Carter's drop. But I think all will agree Wayne's current (or may be better to describe it as his prime run) began with Tha Carter. To compare that album's numbers to Juelz's 2nd solo album doesn't paint the picture of their popularity levels when I Can't Feel My Face dropped.

I'd be interested in knowing Tha Carter II or Tha Carter III album sales vs What The Games Been Missing or Tha Carter to From Me to You.

I guess I can see the argument that Wayne got hotter post I Cant Feel My Face. His feature run is definitely what set him apart and that was post ICFMF (We Taking Over being the feature that sticks out to me)

I dunno. Juelz just never hit the heights Wayne did, imo. No doubt them NY dudes was an influence on Wayne but that don't mean they was on equal footing.

You just compared Wayne's 1st Carter album sales to Juelz's follow up album. We all know Tha Block is Hot, Lights Out, and 500 Drgreez exist. And he had the Sqad run prior to Tha Carter's drop. But I think all will agree Wayne's current (or may be better to describe it as his prime run) began with Tha Carter. To compare that album's numbers to Juelz's 2nd solo album doesn't paint the picture of their popularity levels when I Can't Feel My Face dropped.

I'd be interested in knowing Tha Carter II or Tha Carter III album sales vs What The Games Been Missing or Tha Carter to From Me to You.

I guess I can see the argument that Wayne got hotter post I Cant Feel My Face. His feature run is definitely what set him apart and that was post ICFMF (We Taking Over being the feature that sticks out to me)

I dunno. Juelz just never hit the heights Wayne did, imo. No doubt them NY dudes was an influence on Wayne but that don't mean they was on equal footing.

Because that was around the time they linked up. From Me To You dropped in what 03? They didn't have a relationship then. Of course Juelz didn't hit Wayne heights but it wasn't always this big separation. Juelz was on Chris Brown 1st ever single for a reason.

I don't put a ton of stock into "NY bias" but I can't find any other reason why someone would claim Juelz was on the same level as Wayne when I Can't Feel My Face dropped.

That was post Carter 1 and 2 as well as post Dedication 1 and 2. No one was on Wayne's level at that point. That's literally Wayne's "best rapper alive (since the best rapper retired)" period.

I **** with Juelz. But let's be for real.

A self given title made you dudes believe was true

Wayne was so much better than Banks, Cassidy, JR Writer and the other dudes who just punchlined?

Dude literally had no subject matter and every song was the exact same.

1699843104560.gif

Rappers are the worst :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Had to do a double take when I was scrolling and saw that title :lol:
Song is fire, I love the idea of this popping up in some random racist's recommended because of the title and pissing them off because they expected some Tom MacDonald bs

I thought he had like 10-15 years..now this is the ***** they need to put on house arrest in somewhere like North Dakota or Montana lol

Naw fr. Put this ***** on house arrest somewhere in Idaho or something.
All the labels they put on YB need to be doubled for this *****.

When you say ICFMF dropped are you talking about the Blow tape? I know ICFMF never officially dropped but tryna see if there was a tape with all their collabs. All Im seeing that dropped in realtime is Blow and a tape called My Face Can’t Be Felt

When you say ICFMF dropped are you talking about the Blow tape? I know ICFMF never officially dropped but tryna see if there was a tape with all their collabs. All Im seeing that dropped in realtime is Blow and a tape called My Face Can’t Be Felt

The mixtape I'm thinking about definitely had a lot of "Blow" vocal drops in it but my download was called ICFMF. I was at Jackson State. Remember it vividly.

It never dropped. But “Black Republican” & “No Other” from Deducation 2…along with various collabs along Wayne mixtapes from 05-07 did. Where they’d promo “I can’t feel my face”.

By 2007, Wayne was ahead of Juelz, and gearing up for the Carter 3. That’s the real timeline.

Only the internet was hyping up Juelz who shined on Diplomatic Immunity (a classic in my book). Wayne was on a different planet in terms of popularity. Every car and CD player had Sqad Up tapes, D1, and Carter 2 playing.

Sales, skill, or whatever else is different. But in my HS entering college years you could not escape Lil Wayne.

Cassidy & Juelz were more comparable around that time. Lloyd Banks might’ve even been slightly ahead. And Fab doing his thing.

But Wayne after everybody caught on to the mixtapes, was right below like TI & Jeezy. It was really a hierarchy to it. And Ross somewhere in between.

And ******s like Boosie, Gucci, Gotti were a tier below, and didn’t get their mainstream shot at that time, and built fanbases on the chittering circuit.

Back
Top Bottom