Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

I ain't know this

The events, which resemble a rap music video, began with a session at Combs’ recording studio, Daddy’s House, which is on the second floor of 321 W. 44th St.

The artists present included Lil’ Kim and Lil’ Cease, members of Junior M.A.F.I.A., a group founded by the slain rapper Notorious B.I.G., a longtime collaborator of Combs.

The rap mogul wasn’t there. He went to Miami on Thursday to do a radio show, a spokesman said.

About 1:30 a.m., an 18-year-old rapper identified by a studio employee as Shine, went downstairs to the Club Monaco to have a drink.

In the bar, Shine got into a fight with Damian Walker, believed to work for Lil’ Kim, cops said.

The much-hyped debut effort from Bad Boy rapper Shyne hit stores this week, but don't expect Lil' Kim to rush out and pick up a copy.

The risqué rapper, who has nothing but love for her business associate and longtime friend Sean "Puffy" Combs, is not fond of the latest star to emerge from Puffy's Bad Boy Records, as she told MTV Radio.

"We definitely have no dealings with Shyne," Kim said of the Junior M.A.F.I.A. clique's relationship with the up-and-coming rapper. Kim recalled that she looked out for him early on and gave him tips about the business, but now she feels "he's bad energy, he's negative energy, and he's just nothing I want to be a part of." She went on to say that she doesn't understand why Puffy deals with the artist.

Cam used to take hella shots at Mase but it makes more sense now knowing how close they actually were.

I feel u but none of that has to do with whose who in the current relationship

If you watch they show, mase is damn near submissive to cam.

I feel u but none of that has to do with whose who in the current relationship

If you watch they show, mase is damn near submissive to cam.
Honestly the show isn’t the show without Mase. I saw the numbers before Cam brought Mase on, it didn’t look good. Mase turned the show up on a brotherly tip. I clearly remember Mase reheating the Pat Bev smoke when Cam was ready to cop out when he was talking bout choking bro out like Sprewell. Mase is a dude you gotta watch, he’ll push one narrative publicly but lowkey might line you behind the spotlight. He’s a pastor by job title but made tracks like Lions Hyenas and the oracle.

I think the history of their relationship makes Mase the beta. Mase literally use to wear Cams hand-me-downs as a kid and he will tell you that to this day.

Him popping first gave him a big head and made him do some of his day 1 friends like Cam a lil dirty. However, he also claims that he knew the business with Puff was shakey and he wanted to keep Cam away from that.

If I recall he actually brought Cam to Un and helped Cam get his first deal. After that he tried to do some label **** and get hit with a bag for a video feature that would've helped shine some more light on Cam's early work but Cam didn't understand label politics and wasn't feeling the 'love' from a ***** he literally gave the shirt off his back for.

I still find it funny that Mase hasn't rapped much in the last decade but the one track people remember from him is The Oracle where he was literally dissing the **** outta Killa. For them to have patched it up so beautifully and be making bread like this today is really cool to see. You can tell that even though Mase is the beta they are really friends and Cam looks to have needed that at this point in his life.

Last edited:
Mase don't come off as a "beta" in their friendship. It was Cam's idea to do the show so Mase gives him that respect. Cam watches more sports than Mase so Cam is right on most of the topics.

Then on the flipside Cam be telling stories about calling Mase to do shows where a promoter want both of 'em at whatever price and Mase will tell him it ain't enough and hang up. That's not beta.

No one described that as beta.

Throughout the show, he submits to cam the way a beta does. Cam doesn’t reciprocate that same energy to mase. He come off like the big brother.

No one described that as beta.

Throughout the show, he submits to cam the way a beta does. Cam doesn’t reciprocate that same energy to mase. He come off like the big brother.

You gotta give a example then

Because Cam is louder? :lol:

A little brother don't hang up on a big brother saying that's not enough money.

IMG_1715.jpeg

Yah feeling this?? I’m kinda feeling it

Back
Top Bottom