Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

Had Euphoria on repeat last night off an edible. Joint gets better with every listen.
This just reminded me that I
Not even surprised to see the “race baiting” narrative catching steam. Folks in Aubrey’s corner know he just took a hit, so they’re desperate at this point.

I can only hope K Dot doesn’t go out there explaining anything to these folks. Let them reach, and just hope they stretched first.
That was actually the smallest point I took away from the song. Getting on him about shooting at Pharrell, who doesn’t bother nobody while tucking his tail to Pusha T, being a trash example to his kid chasing behind all these young ig models on his Epstein plane and trying to get records taken down behind the scenes were bigger takeaways. Drake’s blackness doesn’t matter to me, if he was full black he’d still be just as corny. He has no style or natural personality, he’s just good at mimicking whoever is around him at the time, the mark of a true ACTOR.

Listen, east coast dudes, especially NYers, especially NYers from "that era" will not allow themselves to give props to the west coast. Them boys been discombobulated since snoop crushed the buildings. Ain't had a male rap superstar since 50, who ironically had to be put on by a west coast legend. The fall off in NY rap has been tragic.

Silly *** comment

Where is Dame from?

Much less all the "east coast" and New Yorkers in this topic. As if Kendrick doesn't have a crib in Brooklyn and doesn't go out in Harlem and BK all the time and gets mad love.

Last edited:
I'm predicting that crodie's next response is going to take the angle of "you said what _____ said already" but in a formulaic way with a catchy hook to pop *** to.

Universal execs must be ****ting bricks rn. If Drake can't shake this fraud stench, issa wrap for their lil money printer.
Nah, it’s not stopping the machine one way or another. He’ll still latch on to whatever is popular at the moment and do the Drake thing. He’s too big.

Silly *** comment

Where is Dame from?

Much less all the "east coast" and New Yorkers in this topic. As if Kendrick doesn't have a crib in Brooklyn and doesn't go out in Harlem and BK all the time and gets mad love.

I was referring to rappers. I'm sure you can find exceptions but in general east coast cats have always had disdain for west coast rap, just the style of it, that's always been a thing for as long as I can remember. Ironically, NY style rap is just thot rap these days. Unfortunate turn of events. But I see I got the east coasters in their feelings in here, proving my point lol.

Universal execs must be ****ting bricks rn. If Drake can't shake this fraud stench, issa wrap for their lil money printer.

Domino effects

Drake mention Kendrick wife…Kendrick goes for the jugular (Drake potentially ratting and liking young girls) and officially kinda makes Drake no longer teflon…UMG gonna stop backing him/he goes independent and the narrative gonna flip to him being R. kelly with a documentary on it by 2030. After years of dude being the top guy everyone gonna pretend they considered him a predator this whole time/act like they tried to whistleblow years ago :lol:. Gonna be wild to watch in slow motion.

I was referring to rappers. I'm sure you can find exceptions but in general east coast cats have always had disdain for west coast rap, just the style of it, that's always been a thing for as long as I can remember. Ironically, NY style rap is just thot rap these days. Unfortunate turn of events. But I see I got the east coasters in their feelings in here, proving my point lol.

You sound stupid. Have you ever even been to New York? Nobody is thinking about east and west 30 years later besides people incapable mentally and financially from leaving their little block.

Cam and Mase represent all rappers?

That's like me basing things on what Wack says. Wack says Drake is winning, so he speaks for all of Cali?

I know one thing, you're doing a **** job representing the education system in the west.

You sound stupid. Have you ever even been to New York? Nobody is thinking about east and west 30 years later besides people incapable mentally and financially from leaving their little block.

Cam and Mase represent all rappers?

That's like me basing things on what Wack says. Wack says Drake is winning, so he speaks for all of Cali?

I know one thing, you're doing a **** job representing the education system in the west.

I'm stupid but you're clearly having trouble comprehending what you are reading. Not about east vs. west or any type of beef. But rappers from that era do still got that chip on their shoulder. Newer ny rappers are just stealing swag from every other region at this point so I doubt they care.

Are you really tryna tell me the east coast hasn't always looked down on the west in terms of rap? Stylistically and lyrically? There's millions of people in NYC, obviously it's not every single person, and some rappers do give flowers when warranted. But you really revising history to claim the east coast hasn't hated on the west in general, from the very begginingof west coast rap. If you’ve been around rap for the past 30 years you'd know this.

And yes I've been to NY often and used to live in DC. And no I'm not from the west coast. AND I actually **** with east coast rap heavy, the classic ****, not this new nonsense yall on out there. But maybe I'm being to hard on NY cause all the music is nonsense at this point. Or maybe I'm just getting old lol.

Back
Top Bottom