Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

The ****ed up thing about this cover is the captions.

“Tupac Shakur: Rap Star, Convicted Felon”
“Snoop Dogg: Rap Star, on trial”
“Suge Knight: CEO”

Made Pac and snoop out to be criminals despite Pac’s accuser being a stone faced liar and Snoop ultimately being acquitted.

Meanwhile present day Suge out here in his 50s running people over in parking lots and rotting in jail while getting his own lawyers indicted on felony charges of conspiracy on HIS behalf.

Incredible.

Suge is the manifestation of Bad Karma, son was just a negative ***** man

Again, I respect and appreciate Ralo for being philanthropic. However, I don’t care about his personal life...

Are any of you guys playing his music, or attending his shows? When y’all talk about Ralo, it’s never about his songs. Again, y’all avid listeners or no?

Maximus Meridius Maximus Meridius where you rank: Rocafella, G-Unit, Cash Money, Bad Boy?

1. Deathrow (impact, talent, amount of classic albums)

2. Rocafella (just like deathrow, was a great collection of rappers and producers and impact)

3. Cash Money (basically 20 years of being hot and having the biggest rappers)

4. Aftermath (Dre, Em, G-Unit, Game, Kendrick)

5. Bad Boy (Puff is very influential but I don't Bad Boy's catalog is that strong outside of Biggies albums)

Bad Boy is probably one. You gotta do quality and quantity. Death Row didn’t drop enough music. Bad Boy dropped mad rap classics and R&B classics.

You can argue Cash Money cause their run is long but I don’t listen to any Cash Money albums after 03. So the last 15 years of Cash Money doesn’t even exist to me.

Bad Boy is probably one. You gotta do quality and quantity. Death Row didn’t drop enough music. Bad Boy dropped mad rap classics and R&B classics.

Yeah they definitely got a lot of timeless hits but so does Deathrow and Deathrow's catalog is stronger.

Chronic, Doggystyle, Murder was the Case, Dogg Food, All eyez on me, Makaveli.

I skipped that one and watched the one with Nas and Dave East.

Is Logic still claiming to be from DC? :lol:
I did the same thing.

I dug Black Spider-Man and a few other tracks but I really can't **** with him. Especially after I heard him rap over that beat Big L killed.

I also find it funny how much he would mention his beautiful wife. In hindsight, must've been overcompensating.

Also watched some of Just Blaze's ep. Havoc recreating Shook Ones pt. 2 :wow::smokin

Been meaning to catch the Raposdy one.

Last edited:
Lil Wayne and Drake have been the biggest thing in rap for like a combined 10 years. Nicki has been the most successful female rap artist like ever. I don't even care for them like that but their success cannot be ignored. I don't even have to mention the hot boys and juvenile era. They have to be #1

Aftermath had a multiplatinum artist in 99 (em) mid 00's (50) and 2017 (Kendrick). That's a long period of time to cover. #2

Off GP though I'm rolling with rocafella

Last edited:
I gotta go with Rocafella, I’m 27 so Roc was right in its prime when I really started paying attention to music

Yeah they definitely got a lot of timeless hits but so does Deathrow and Deathrow's catalog is stronger.

Chronic, Doggystyle, Murder was the Case, Dogg Food, All eyez on me, Makaveli.

DR realesed quality, pretty much everything was good but they didn’t release enough music. They had like 8-9 albums total, before the fall and they were putting out desperation albums.

the new ****** be havin the old heads get back on they ****... swear juelz and jones fell back off the blood **** for a while now they flagged up like its 02. :lol:

I skipped that one and watched the one with Nas and Dave East.

Is Logic still claiming to be from DC? :lol:

Yea he's claiming the hell out of DC :lol: went through his upbringing and everything. It was cool to get detailed stuff about his upbringing, but what I mostly got from it was "I'm black, but I'm also white, but don't forget I'm black. I love everyone."

Who's the new/modern Suge Knight, Top Dawg or Wack100?

QC P but he keeps all the ******* on the low. And his paper trail of involvement ends with ****** like Migo Domingo or Mango Foo lol.

QC P does exactly what Suge did except in a nice “favor for a favor” way instead of trying to force ****** hands. Hence seemingly random moves like Yachty and Pump doing a tape.

People would kill Logic equally if he didn’t acknowledge his black side :lol:

Back
Top Bottom