Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

I feel like a lot of easy coasters stopped ****ing with him after he left G Unit. He's been putting out pretty good music consistently for awhile since though

I stopped ****ing with him because he acts like a teenager. Lies, cops pleas, has a photoshop/graphic design team. He’s got glaring h*** tendencies. It ain’t even about being lame (anyone can be considered lame for doing stuff that isn’t status quo or common) but man, Game is the type of dude I’d definitely not want to hang with.

The power of discernment showed me.

Same way yall trippin off 30 yr old samples is the same way folks tripped off the 30 year old samples they used back then.

I agree, and in return, pay THE ORIGINALS! If you’re going to use these legendary loops and whatnot, pay the artist or their estate.

What criteria for legends doesn't include rappers that have 7 straight number #1 albums and been on top of the game for a decade? What are we doing here :lol:

Why aren't they legends? There are rap legends and music legends who don't even come close to the amount of work that Kendrick, Drake, and Cole have put in from a longevity perspective.

We trash because we're on the side of the guys who are dominating the genre for close to a decade plus? What :lol: :lol:

You don't want them to be legends but they are. Take Care is going to be a classic if it isn't already, FHD is going to be one, Good Kiid is already one,

impact, longevity, multiple arena tours, diamond records, 500K every time they drop, I mean what box don't they check in regards to them being "legends" ? Do they gotta die :rofl:
there legends who classic album didnt debut at #1
classic albums who took YEARS to go plat
so thats not necessarily the criteria

Whoa.

This that false equivalency. Legend =/= hall of famer.

Just cuz you in the hall don't mean you a legend.

Cole a legend cuz he aint fumble a cosign? Y'all going extra hard to make zero sense.
I agree and disagree just cuz the basketball hall of fame does take in a lot of folks from across the basketball spectrum but besides that I think it’s a valid analogy.

Cole not fumbling that co-sign was a huge accomplishment. Dude built an entire career and legacy on his own merits and never had to deal with being covered by Jay’s shadow once he got it poppin. How many rappers can say that? Lesser rappers wouldn’t have made it to the heights he has seen. I mean this isn’t the number one item that makes him a legend in my eyes but I’m just citing that since you referenced the comment.

Are Lupe Fiasco and Common legends? Are Ludacris and Nelly legends?

I agree and disagree just cuz the basketball hall of fame does take in a lot of folks from across the basketball spectrum but besides that I think it’s a valid analogy.

Cole not fumbling that co-sign was a huge accomplishment. Dude built an entire career and legacy on his own merits and never had to deal with being covered by Jay’s shadow once he got it poppin. How many rappers can say that? Lesser rappers wouldn’t have made it to the heights he has seen. I mean this isn’t the number one item that makes him a legend in my eyes but I’m just citing that since you referenced the comment.

ludacris deserves it
aint no legend
but i would listen to the argument
his first 3 album run is under rated as hell
plus his features
he was KILLIN em

Cole not fumbling that co-sign was a huge accomplishment.
That does not make him a legend.

Dude built an entire career and legacy on his own merits and never had to deal with being covered by Jay’s shadow once he got it poppin. How many rappers can say that?
Rappers that built a career and legacy on their own merits without being swallowed by the camel's shadow?

Literally hundred(s).

Lesser rappers wouldn’t have made it to the heights he has seen. I mean this isn’t the number one item that makes him a legend in my eyes but I’m just citing that since you referenced the comment.
That doesnt make him a legend. It doesnt even factor in to what makes a legend.

Mans got a cosign from Jay-Z and since he didnt **** it up we gonna praise him?

Its more of an accomplishment when a rapper does it on their own.

Ludacris, Nelly, and Lupe are not legends.

Common is a legend.

At the pace yall going somebody is gonna swear Soulja Boy is a legend and that'll open the door to any mediocre rapper that's managed to stay in the game.

Meek just sampled every known record from the 90's :lol:
Whole thing made me cringe.

I don't know who rapping on it but whoever took the sample qnd barely did anything with it to sound different than Special Delivery is lame too. I hear it on the radio all the time like why is this nit G. Dep?

Only thing I like about this is that Dom is the EP on w/e this project is. Props to him.

Dom also rapped on that Get Money beat for one of his mistakes :lol:
I feel like a lot of easy coasters stopped ****ing with him after he left G Unit. He's been putting out pretty good music consistently for awhile since though
It wasnt that he left G-Unit it was that bi-polar constant beefing with Curtis. On and off over and over. It was so lame.

Only thing good to come from it to me was the disses.

Other than that dont care to hear Game.
F****** Game

Say whatcha want about Game as a person but dude single handily held the whole West coast down in the early 2000s and he can rap his *** off.

His projects usually deliver.

Pretty much. I completely loathe his antics despite him being a very good rapper. I feel like he's very underrated and highly skilled, and gets low-balled solely as a rapper due to those antics.

Back
Top Bottom