Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

Does the media/radio/publications a push certain type of rap or artist (not just counting music itself) to the forefront constantly? Yes
Are the most negative aspects of hip-hop exposed more often than the opposite? Yes

But do we also have the highest number of outlets and sources to listen to other types of Hip-Hop thats not championed on the mainstream? Yes

This is the internet era, their is no excuse for mainstream hip-hop being your only influence if your an artist unless you make it that way.

The ones who couldnt back that **** up got hands, feet, blades, and bullet's put on/in them. Jadakiss is from Yonkers New York I believe, I dont know him personally but I dont remember him ever getting the treatment the kid in the after mentioned video got so clearly he could and can handle himself.

How would you have known about a 19 year old Jadakiss getting kicked around by 5 ****** in 1997?

Do you see the point I'm making?

Aside from that, how couldn't bruh handle himself? It was 5 ****** :lol: Logic like that is what creates dummies who air out everything at any sniff of conflict, hitting babies and kids and ****...****** be mad at those dudes...but then clown a ***** on the other side of the spectrum....what does "handle himself" mean when it's 5 ****** on you? Air it out? Hit innocent bystanders? Then he's a dummy right?

This **** is all dumb logic that circles back into itself :lol:. ****** is lost and don't know what they want. :smh:

Does the media/radio/publications a push certain type of rap or artist (not just counting music itself) to the forefront constantly? Yes
Are the most negative aspects of hip-hop exposed more often than the opposite? Yes

But do we also have the highest number of outlets and sources to listen to other types of Hip-Hop thats not championed on the mainstream? Yes

This is the internet era, their is no excuse for mainstream hip-hop being your only influence if your an artist unless you make it that way.

You're not talking to me as a early 20 something you're talking to the 13-14 year old that YBN was in his suburban home before he undertook this persona

All ****** see is two sides of the spectrum...you're either ***** or a shooter

More ****** grow up in neighborhoods with lawns and two stories and turn "hard" than you think just most ****** know how to play it better than to walk around NY dolo with no strap...

I don't know Pablo's upbringing but was he not "certified" around Atlanta before Drugrixh took the trap security detail away and he started getting robbed and stripped and ****...without a pistol we all bleed so all this **** is silly...

Lol this same convo can be had about the Migos to an extent...Gwinnett is a funny place

How would you have known about a 19 year old Jadakiss getting kicked around by 5 *****s in 1997?

Do you see the point I'm making?

Aside from that, how couldn't bruh handle himself? It was 5 *****s :lol: Logic like that is what creates dummies who air out everything at any sniff of conflict, hitting babies and kids and ****...*****s be mad at those dudes...but then clown a ***** on the other side of the spectrum....what does "handle himself" mean when it's 5 *****s on you? Air it out? Hit innocent bystanders? Then he's a dummy right?

This **** is all dumb logic that circles back into itself :lol:. *****s is lost and don't know what they want. :smh:
Handling yourself means not putting you or your loved ones in situations like the one that happened to the young man were referring too. We only know what we've been told and exposed too, he's been rapping about aggressive content (with thoughtful ****) for decades. The fact his life aint been taken allows me to draw that conclusion, or maybe he's really lucky. This is only the start for that young man, I wouldn't be surprised if this happens again

You're not talking to me as a early 20 something you're talking to the 13-14 year old that YBN was in his suburban home before he undertook this persona

All *****s see is two sides of the spectrum...you're either ***** or a shooter
So you got to be 20 to seek out other forms of rap and music? I'm not buying that, when I was 13-14 I saw way more than 2 sides

So you got to be 20 to seek out other forms of rap and music? I'm not buying that, when I was 13-14 I saw way more than 2 sides

What I'm saying is that at 14 when you're starting to develop identity and girls and fights and all that **** is culminating, the NBA Youngboys, the Kodaks, etc. all being at the forefront and every young ***** you probably look up to (12-14 looking up to 17-19) acts like that...it's a trickle down of how these kids are trying to act which is why their pic captions are all the same, they dress the same, haircuts the same, lingo the same

You're gonna reach to not get my point like it wasn't the same in 2002 with Dipset or whoever

Rap as a whole on a mainstream level is toxic to our youth's mentality and no one wants to have that conversation and while a lot if not most of the cause of our people's disarray is systematic...there are definitely kids who get caught up trying to not look soft

What I'm saying is that at 14 when you're starting to develop identity and girls and fights and all that **** is culminating, the NBA Youngboys, the Kodaks, etc. all being at the forefront and every young ***** you probably look up to (12-14 looking up to 17-19) acts like that...it's a trickle down of how these kids are trying to act which is why their pic captions are all the same, they dress the same, haircuts the same, lingo the same

You're gonna reach to not get my point like it wasn't the same in 2002 with Dipset or whoever

Rap as a whole on a mainstream level is toxic to our youth's mentality and no one wants to have that conversation and while a lot if not most of the cause of our people's disarray is systematic...there are definitely kids who get caught up trying to not look soft
I'm not denying any of that, I loved Dipset and G-Unit, but that was not the sole basis of my being and it wasnt the ONLY **** I listened too. Like Water For Chocolate came out in 2000 and The Light was one of the biggest songs on radio airwaves when it released. The College Dropout came out in 2004, in that 4 year span we just named 4 different types of artist who had success commercially. If a listener is only focused on "cap" its by choice.

EDIT: Picking up slang or a style from a popular artist is one thing. Threatening to shoot ****** when you not from that environment is something different. The youth is impressionable they always have been but the amount of information available to them is greater know than its ever been. You dont have to only follow **** thats thrown at you

Last edited:
I'm not denying any of that, I loved Dipset and G-Unit, but that was not the sole basis of my being and it wasnt the ONLY **** I listened too. Like Water For Chocolate came out in 2000 and The Light was one of the biggest songs on radio airwaves when it released. The College Dropout came out in 2004, in that 4 year span we just named 4 different types of artist who had success commercially. If a listener is only focused on "cap" its by choice.

EDIT: Picking up slang or a style from a popular artist is one thing. Threatening to shoot *****s when you not from that environment is something different. The youth is impressionable they always have been but the amount of information available to them is greater know than its ever been. You dont have to only follow **** thats thrown at you

You seem to be a little older so you don't get what I'm saying.

That was 20 years ago.

The only artists you can put as the equivalent of the Commons and College Dropouts (and back then I'm sure those being your favorite artists definitely put you in a lane opposite of the Dipset and G-Unit lunch table but nevertheless...) is the Kendricks and Coles and while they're respected for their skill, that's more my generation, kids who were 13-18 in the first half of the decade and entering their 20's-mid 20's now.

****** ain't listening to Logic so save that one.

What artists have debuted since the culture shifted with that 2016 XXL 21, Kodak, Uzi cover that are equivalent? Once you can't answer that question you see my point as it relates to kids 19 and under right now.

xxlfreshmancover2016.jpg

As long as I'm breathing, I'll never understand what made Puff think it was such a smart move gallivanting around LA like that with BIG. I honestly don't think he gets as much heat as he should for that horrible decision.

You seem to be a little older so you don't get what I'm saying.

That was 20 years ago.

The only artists you can put as the equivalent of the Commons and College Dropouts (and back then I'm sure those being your favorite artists definitely put you in a lane opposite of the Dipset and G-Unit lunch table but nevertheless...) is the Kendricks and Coles and while they're respected for their skill, that's more my generation, kids who were 13-18 in the first half of the decade and entering their 20's-mid 20's now.

*****s ain't listening to Logic so save that one.

What artists have debuted since the culture shifted with that 2016 XXL 21, Kodak, Uzi cover that are equivalent? Once you can't answer that question you see my point as it relates to kids 19 and under right now.

xxlfreshmancover2016.jpg
The lunch tables I sat at listened to a variety of **** so I aint sure what your even implying, and due to the advancements of the internet and radio not being the sole outlet to break **** I expect "******" to not just accept whats forced feed to them by places like XXL. I mentioned Common because radio success was still the end all be all for artist. Its not amymore, just because complex dont show you something different dont mean it aint out their. I think JID fits the critirea of somebody recent that dont threaten to shoot people on social media. His debut solo album released in 2017

The lunch tables I sat at listened to a variety of **** so I aint sure what your even implying, and due to the advancements of the internet and radio not being the sole outlet to break **** I expect "*****s" to not just accept whats forced feed to them by places like XXL. I mentioned Common because radio success was still the end all be all for artist. Its not amymore, just because complex dont show you something different dont mean it aint out their. I think JID fits the critirea of somebody recent that dont threaten to shoot people on social media. His debut solo album released in 2017

JID cool but he not more influential to some 14-16 year old than Youngboy or Kodak

I see what you're saying, ideally there is room for every kid to be themselves and not every kid has to be a wild *** ***** (and not every kid turns out like that) but you're doing a whole lot of dancing to not just say rap, especially 2016 until now with a lack of lyrical/conscious/etc. type acts on a NBA youngboy or Kodak or whoever level, can be detrimental to some kids who are on that line of not necessarily having to be some super tough wild out *** ***** but do it because thats who the girls like and that's whats seen as not soft

I remember someone from that 90’s NY crop of “grimey ******” lol being from the burbs that’s why I asked

If he was there’s nothing wrong w that but I’m just saying Tekashi and YBN not this generation didn’t invent rap cap lol

One of them dudes, or all them dudes who jumped buddy, somebody gotta get hands out on them, or shot. No truce or peace treaty.

AND YOU DO NOT GET COOL POINTS for jumping a little scrawny, frail dude. None at’all!!

Last edited:
Never been to NY (aside from Buffalo) but pretty sure Yonkers furthest thing from the burbs.

One of you NY cats confirm this

@Hahahaha @Magic33 illphillip illphillip kingfoamnyc kingfoamnyc

I can confirm 6pac 6pac is talking bare nonsense these last couple pages. Clearly this man has got his hands on some pure mid 2000's OG Sour Diesel and can't control his emotions and thoughts at the moment. I'd bet my favorite gel pen dog wouldn't be having the same energy if a old rapper from the 90's with a big mouth got his **** pushed in instead but hey what do I know. Man's paragraphs just scream "conflict of interest"

I can confirm 6pac 6pac is talking bare nonsense these last couple pages.
Besides the Yonkers quote (don’t agree), how is he wrong ? Look at all the up and coming artist that typically get posted in here. All the same exploiting the negatives of our culture. And they get recognition as being “hot”. If that’s the formula for being “hot” since there is a lack of balance in our genre, what do you think impressionable kids/teens who don’t know the internet is one fake place going to follow ?

Besides the Yonkers quote (don’t agree), how is he wrong ? Look at all the up and coming artist that typically get posted in here. All the same exploiting the negatives of our culture. And they get recognition as being “hot”. If that’s the formula for being “hot” since there is a lack of balance in our genre, what do you think impressionable kids/teens who don’t know the internet is one fake place going to follow ?

If you read my post you'll understand my point being he wouldn't be saying that if it involved someone else. ****** be preaching morals and principles only when it pertains to someone they like or mess with it.

I'm an advocate for being yourself, I was told this new generation of rap fosters an environment where these kids don't have to front and act like "gangsta rappers" like their 90's and 2000's counterparts but of course that narrative is bull****.

They woof and talk even more greasy than the dudes who came before them but the difference is that they aren't built for what comes with that at all.

Dudes really forget how young Nas, Pac, Big, and Jay were when they came on the scene and how they carried themselves.

It's a sad situation when (insert young rapper who gets his wig split) but I'm not about to lose sleep over a ***** playing stupid games and winning stupid prizes.

I don't see Jayden Smith out here getting 150'd cause he don't attract that energy.

Look at Gunna for example, he was out and all over the city the last few weeks. ****** showed him wild love. Gunna not soft and he talk his **** but the difference is ****** respect him

If you read my post you'll understand my point being he wouldn't be saying that if it involved someone else. *****s be preaching morals and principles only when it pertains to someone they like or mess with it.

I'm an advocate for being yourself, I was told this new generation of rap fosters an environment where these kids don't have to front and act like "gangsta rappers" like their 90's and 2000's counterparts but of course that narrative is bull****.

They woof and talk even more greasy than the dudes who came before them but the difference is that they aren't built for what comes with that at all.

Dudes really forget how young Nas, Pac, Big, and Jay were when they came on the scene and how they carried themselves.

It's a sad situation when (insert young rapper who gets his wig split) but I'm not about to lose sleep over a ***** playing stupid games and winning stupid prizes.

I don't see Jayden Smith out here getting 150'd cause he don't attract that energy.

Look at Gunna for example, he was out and all over the city the last few weeks. *****s showed him wild love. Gunna not soft and he talk his **** but the difference is *****s respect him

Amen

Back
Top Bottom