Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

in Houston and hearing about this k camp stuff lol... his window seemed to have been closed for him to be getting booked for a homecoming show in 2019. Not saying he didnt have a few hits tho.. but if I am a college kid I would probably want somebody a lil more current.

it does say a lot about the current state of rap tho... its almost a downfall for you to have somewhat of hit or two in a short amount of time. If you never cultivate a fanbase you will be running into the same type of issues as dude. Somebody like Yella Beezy in 3 years could be in K Camp shoes.

Loyal Fanbase > Regional Hits

Is a show and there's some talent ....

Stop being bitter man ... enjoy life my friend.

Let's talk about what you like ...

bitter?? Fool, I listen to more newer artists than you. :lol: :lol:. WTF are you talking about???

Go put money on 69 books, so he can get honey buns and make a goolash. Or, write him in JPAY. Clown

nobody that listens and to 69 better ever tell me about music, or ask who I listen to :lol: :lol: :lol:

you and your kids are all clowns if y’all ride in the whip, listening to him. Your wife, baby mama, or girlfriend are clowns too. Or, ya boyfriend.

Last edited:
The idea of a rap competition show is inherently flawed to me, iont eem wanna know what that look like :lol::smh:

Exactly dawg. This ain’t the 90s or 2000s. On some unsigned hype s*****. And them being on the show doesn’t guarantee success. “Oh look, I got a Cardi B co-sign” then, when their career amounts to nothing, they’ll blame Cardi B for not promoting them on social media and whatnot :lol:

K Camp album was nice. Was just listening to Lottery lol

Rich Boy album was flames, they did son dirty promoting him as the Throw Some D’s rapper. Let’s Get This Paper one of the best rap songs I’ve heard in my 30 years.

in Houston and hearing about this k camp stuff lol... his window seemed to have been closed for him to be getting booked for a homecoming show in 2019. Not saying he didnt have a few hits tho.. but if I am a college kid I would probably want somebody a lil more current.

it does say a lot about the current state of rap tho... its almost a downfall for you to have somewhat of hit or two in a short amount of time. If you never cultivate a fanbase you will be running into the same type of issues as dude. Somebody like Yella Beezy in 3 years could be in K Camp shoes.

Loyal Fanbase > Regional Hits

some of us have already pointed this out. It’s basically fast fashion.

you better get all the money you can, if you pop off for 1 or 2 years. People are not going to remember cats like Desiigner, K Camp, Makonnen, etc. this is just how it is.
Get your money, save, and hope you get YouTube money.

look at Rich Homie. Yeah, he still dropping tapes but, this era, your buzz will skyrocket, then plummet instantly.

truly the epitome of 15 minutes of fame

^^great examples. On the other end... KRIT just sold out HOB here in Houston and gets slept on a lot and dismissed for not having any hits but he is having a hell of a second wind being independent, loyal fanbase for the win. I had to look up when K CAMP came out cuz I thought he had been around as long as KRIT has and it has only been 5 years for him and its no way he can secure a homecoming or book a 40 city tour and the dude is on Interscope?!? That wild.

K Camp sounds about right for a random homecoming act...Y'all would be surprised by some of the lineups most schools have other than the few real popular homecomings, gotta work with a tight budget and schedule...Seems like the students just wanted the ppl in charge to reach for the stars, wonder who they booked instead of Camp

One of the most random ones was when I went to Coppin State's homecoming one year and they booked the 2nd string Dipset members and had the big joint from Floetry come to do 1 song :lol: ... Juelz and Jimmy was there but they aint eem do a song 4real, was basically a Hell Rell and JR writer show :lol:

I watch the show because I'm tired of just watching this singing completions man ... Rap is the most popular Genre out .... they need to be represented.

With that said, the show needs to be more than just bars ... not everyone in the genre is a lyricist.
Man a lot of ppl I saw werent lyrical and admitted they had writers. Came with a hook and energy.

bitter?? Fool, I listen to more newer artists than you. :lol: :lol:. WTF are you talking about???

Go put money on 69 books, so he can get honey buns and make a goolash. Or, write him in JPAY. Clown

nobody that listens and to 69 better ever tell me about music, or ask who I listen to :lol: :lol: :lol:

you and your kids are all clowns if y’all ride in the whip, listening to him. Your wife, baby mama, or girlfriend are clowns too. Or, ya boyfriend.
LoL

And with a straight face you say you aren't bitter ...

I said let's talk about your likes. Why you so mad??

I listen to newer artist. LoL and?

LoL

And with a straight face you say you aren't bitter ...

I said let's talk about your likes. Why you so mad??

I listen to newer artist. LoL and?

I’m bitter because I said y’all look like fools, having high expectations for a show that y’all chastise, yet willingly watch?

my likes and dislikes are well known in here. Not going to explain. Again, I know I listen to more music than you. New or old so, it is, what it is.

I’m bitter because I said y’all look like fools, having high expectations for a show that y’all chastise, yet willingly watch?

my likes and dislikes are well known in here. Not going to explain. Again, I know I listen to more music than you. New or old so, it is, what it is.
You want a cookie?

All you do is ***** my dude ...

You listen to more music, cool, you probably blind but whatever.

I get more *****, but you see me bragging?

Naw ..

So either contribute or sit down goofy.

some of us have already pointed this out. It’s basically fast fashion.

you better get all the money you can, if you pop off for 1 or 2 years. People are not going to remember cats like Desiigner, K Camp, Makonnen, etc. this is just how it is.
Get your money, save, and hope you get YouTube money.

look at Rich Homie. Yeah, he still dropping tapes but, this era, your buzz will skyrocket, then plummet instantly.

truly the epitome of 15 minutes of fame

Wow I think it’s actually offensive be lump K Camp in with Desiigner and Makonnen :lol: you’re correct about everything else though. Hip hop just moves at such a rapid rate, if you don’t have a legit built up fanbase and a real plan, you can get left behind. Doesn’t help hip hop is the only genre where you’re not allowed to age gracefully either. That plus the speed of the music is no good. Push you out the league like a 30 y/o running back.

Wow I think it’s actually offensive be lump K Camp in with Desiigner and Makonnen :lol: you’re correct about everything else though. Hip hop just moves at such a rapid rate, if you don’t have a legit built up fanbase and a real plan, you can get left behind. Doesn’t help hip hop is the only genre where you’re not allowed to age gracefully. That plus the speed of the music is no good. Push you out the league like a 30 y/o running back.

I didn’t mean artistically. :lol:. K Camp always been nice to me. He’s dope. I just meant how fast people “forget” or fake forget about certain artists or songs. Nowadays, you better strike and get your money. Ain’t no longevity anymore.

B.O.B been having full-on mental meltdowns, because he probably ain’t as popular as he use to be. So, IDK how it will look in the future.

Im a ASAP rocky fan but bruh, really? You’re a northern act, who bit the south. Most notably, Travis’ hometown of Houston.....

Rocky and Travis have done great jobs at biting and making people think they're "innovative".

This like watching nerds beef.

As far as fashion? And marketing? I disagree. Off artistry and packaging alone, they changed the game. Rocky helped usher in a new wave of designer fashion. Not just Gucci or Louie. A lot of other obscure brands. Travis with his fashion and tour merchandise. No new dudes were doing it like them.

They took the 1990s style tour merchandise to a whole new level. Musically, they made an impact too.
They damn near fathered the SoundClouds/tumblr rappers.

good or bad, or indifferent, their icons of their era

As far as fashion? And marketing? I disagree. Off artistry and packaging alone, they changed the game. Rocky helped usher in a new wave of designer fashion. Not just Gucci or Louie. A lot of other obscure brands. Travis with his fashion and tour merchandise. No new dudes were doing it like them.

They took the 1990s style tour merchandise to a whole new level. Musically, they made an impact too.
They damn near fathered the SoundClouds/tumblr rappers.

good or bad, or indifferent, their icons of their era

Man I honestly don't care about all that extra fashion stuff. :lol:

I'm talking about their music. It's nothing original or distinctive about either one of them. They've bite pieces off of different people and became some corny fusions. It's all smoke and mirrors with both of them.

Fathering SoundClouds/tumblr rappers ain't a good thing.

Back
Top Bottom