Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

Shoreline_Mafia_-_Bands_(feat._Fenix_Flexin,_Master_Kato_and_OhGeesy)_[Official_Music_Video] (1).gif

Watched No Limit Chronicles last night and there were some things I didn't know about. Was a huge fan back in late 90's and even liked some of their New No Limit material as well. Hope the next parts also touch on what really happened with Beats by the Pound and the ultimate fall out. Sounds like P was basically doing "handshake" non-written deals with the New Orleans artists and the business side of course took its toll. I remember being so bummed in 99' that all those releases got shelved. NL could have continued putting out good material into the early 00s if a few things didnt happen I feel but it is what it is.

Also was funny seeing them feature some of the largely unknown current artists (the captions just show their names and "No Limit artist" like we are supposed to know who they are lol).

Last edited:
This YouTube channel, is covering the court proceedings of rapper cases. They got the Nipsey getaway driver Testimony and voice overs etc

They also doing the YGG Tay/TTG ****, for those who interested.

I saw this in my recommendations, I ended up watching one of the videos about TTG...the guy Markez Jones mom was in the comments smh

Last edited:
I saw this in my recommendations, I ended up watching one of the videos about TTG...the guy Markez Jones mom was in the comments smh

**** wild. The whole thing really really crazy tho. Somebody Could prolly write a book on everything that’s tied in :lol:. Some made for TV ****. West Baltimore....SANDTOWN is different.

Wildest story was the ***** Tana...being labeled by the News as Baltimore #1 shooter....slipping custody in a transfer down bookings.....then his first stop was to go to Brooklyn for a Gervonta fight. They saw the IG pics, and snatched him up. Another ***** was in DR, on the run for months. But yeah....Shorty ain’t realize his talent. **** sad, cuz Pusha & Future rocked with him. And Future been tied in up this way lol.

Watched No Limit Chronicles last night and there were some things I didn't know about. Was a huge fan back in late 90's and even liked some of their New No Limit material as well. Hope the next parts also touch on what really happened with Beats by the Pound and the ultimate fall out. Sounds like P was basically doing "handshake" non-written deals with the New Orleans artists and the business side of course took its toll. I remember being so bummed in 99' that all those releases got shelved. NL could have continued putting out good material into the early 90s if a few things didnt happen I feel but it is what it is.

Also was funny seeing them feature some of the largely unknown current artists (the captions just show their names and "No Limit artist" like we are supposed to know who they are lol).

Simply getting production that was actually good instead of cheap knockoffs of other beats would’ve helped, even if the artists were subpar. 97-98 was so good, and it’s like a brick all went up in 1999. I think I liked 3 NL albums and that’s it. People were already moving on to Cash Money by then. The combination of Beats By The Pound’s sound starting to decline, then 100% leaving, + the outside producers not being very good did them in. I remember Mac, Magic, and Mr. Serv-On’s album being good, but Master P, Silkk, and C-Murder’s were all0]:sick: and those were your lead guys. I actually was interested in hearing the Short Circuit and D.I.G. albums that were advertised though :lol:

Didn’t think y’all would know this guy (I really don’t) but this was funny

“produced” XO Tour Life and What’s Poppin and some dababy songs (through loops)

Didn’t think y’all would know this guy (I really don’t) but this was funny

“produced” XO Tour Life and What’s Poppin and some dababy songs (through loops)

.....a) I bet he do HEAVY drugs

b) He’s produced music for a known drug addict :lol: :lol: :lol:

Back
Top Bottom