Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

too far.gif
thats why i ignored it

:lol: :lol:
Rap was one style back then..... Word?

Ross played John & I'm Not A Star in the same battle.... those songs dropped like 3-4 years apart :lol:
3-4 years huh.... point being, rap done expanded to so many sub genres and Ross on more than one occasion mastered most. This biggie bias gotta stop. He don’t even have enough material to debate this **** anymore honestly. The whole he did it first and he’s ____ bias gotta stop. Big was nice as hell, but his resume not long enough. Lowkey sample size in hindsight compared to what we get today. Camel shooting 96% from the field with high attempts, I can’t put a ***** 2 seats over that ain’t for a qtr of that.

Years ago I knew this 50 year old hippie that did not care for rap music...

Nonetheless, when Biggie rapped "I got techniques drippin' out my butt cheeks,
sleep on my stomach so I don't uff up my sheets" - it got dudes attention playing in the background...
he laughed and asked me who that was..."Not bad." Biggie had IT.

...Believe it or not - I'd get the same type of reaction from non-hip hop fans
when I played certain AZ joints & EPMD....like, "Who is that?!"

It’s no way we can say a ***** with less than 5 years and 2 projects is better than a ***** with 15 years and 10+ projects I’m sorry. And I’m a big fan, son was nice. But there’s no way to say he would’ve survived 10 years let alone 15. That’s why the camel is 🐐, he can adjust every time this rap **** change and stick with the best of em. And his old **** still hold up, with minimal bricks (kingdoms come I see u).

Aint watch the battle.

did chainz play his verse from mercy?

that was the first verse i heard from dude that made me rethink things where he was concerned. Lol

Cruisin' to this years ago - girl in shotgun once said to me,
"I feel like I'm in a rap video right now!" :lol:
Her usual comment was "Turn it down!" when I played loud
music in the car.

But there’s no way to say he would’ve survived 10 years let alone 15.

I used to wonder about this but we will never know. :ohwell:

That’s why the camel is 🐐, he can adjust every time this rap **** change and stick with the best of em. And his old **** still hold up, with minimal bricks (kingdoms come I see u).

Honestly - I haven't heard a Jay-Z verse that I really liked since maybe 2003ish
and, in my opinion, his top shelf stuff was like '95-'99...his flow changed in the early 2000's...
just as he changed it around '94.

Aint watch the battle.

did chainz play his verse from mercy?

that was the first verse i heard from dude that made me rethink things where he was concerned. Lol
yes last
but got outshined
by an unreleased ross verse
on a kanye west beat
that was FIRE

Then ****** love to play the “ItS ThE BeAtS” like Ross don’t be talking that ****. Done gave u bars before, anthems, entendres, wordplay before etc. if u don’t like him personally that’s cool, I get it. The CO **** is a stain, but musically it’s undeniable for real. And the people they say > don’t add up.

Give me both BIG and Pun’s two albums over any two projects, including mixtapes by Two Whigs with the lap band and the gremlin that kisses men on the lips that has ghost writers.

Back
Top Bottom