Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

Cam and them know they got washed, but I feel like no podcast/interview show is gonna keep it a buck with them and say that. They gonna play the politics role and say “this was mad close, for da culture, yall was goin at it up there…etc” instead of keepin it a bean and lettin em know they was ill prepared and underestimated they opponent.

The Battle was cool obviously the Lox won by a landslide.

Initially I was worried that Sheek would keep pressing Jim who has surpassed Sheek (imo) artiscally.

Sheek probably takes rap much less serious now though. Jim is clearly still perfecting his craft.

Someone else mentioned it but I can't believe Cam didn't rock the pink fur. Hell even doing some all purple gaudy **** (a la the purple Haze era) would've been better. Ironically Cam has a chain of him in the pink fur. So he clearly knows how iconic that look is.

I personally hated Juelz jacket. I assume it was LV but that **** looked tacky as ****.

Jada was my favorite rapper as a kid. He put on for sure. All of the Lox have talent though and it's dope to see them still moving so tight. They should've brought out J-Hood for the **** of it.

Last edited:
Cam and them know they got washed, but I feel like no podcast/interview show is gonna keep it a buck with them and say that. They gonna play the politics role and say “this was mad close, for da culture, yall was goin at it up there…etc” instead of keepin it a bean and lettin em know they was ill prepared and underestimated they opponent.
I’m VERY curious to how Hot97 handles this with their song by song breakdowns they have. They tend to be in a bubble when it comes to certain artists. They lowballed their hell out of DMX during his mock Jay-Z battle, and we’re going crazy over the Scott Storch tracks despite Mannie Fresh’s clearly ringing off more. Same with Trina and Eve, as if they weren’t outside for some of Trina’s stuff.

I’m VERY curious to how Hot97 handles this with their song by song breakdowns they have. They tend to be in a bubble when it comes to certain artists. They lowballed their hell out of DMX during his mock Jay-Z battle, and we’re going crazy over the Scott Storch tracks despite Mannie Fresh’s clearly ringing off more. Same with Trina and Eve, as if they weren’t outside for some of Trina’s stuff.

I’m in there October 1st
6BCD6746-2E26-4DF8-AA0E-84EE6D5C068A.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom