Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

Bro, we’re talking about the competition Drake has faced since 2009/2010. Not Kanye. We aren’t talking about Kanye. Someone said Drake is the best since 2010 (no qualms about it from me). However, is he big because the competition is great? Or is he big because the competition is below average? And in my opinion, especially with new hip hop fans, teens, 20s, etc who really don’t even care or notice it, that’s why he’s big. These kids only want viral music. He’s only big because of the competition being average as hell. Cole and Kendrick and Wale have always been better than Drake IMO. But again, the average rap fan who’s between the age of 18-32 really doesn’t care.

So he is crowned be default. Default of the masses not caring about the competition. People literally called Meek a bully and said beef has no place in hip hop... when beef has ALWAYS been a part of it. It just shows how out of touch these new fans are.

Drake is only huge because of hip hop has an influx of newer, younger fans. People ages 14-25.

But isn’t drakes competition Kendrick and Cole? He pushed meek out to an extent.

I’m saying drake is big because of a lot of things. He can rap. He butchers R&B but that’s where we are these days in the genre. And he’s got corporate America behind him. That’s why I’m saying he’s big. He transcends rap. It is what is. I’m not saying he is who he is because the music everyone else makes is watered down or their is a lack of talent

:smh: got me typing all this about drake
Souljaboy.gif

F39B5DE6-2612-4B2F-94B2-2E422870C9F7.jpeg

A lot of artists themselves like to use the term “sonics”/“sonically”. I’m not sure even they know what it means exactly.

meh… clb was a good album to me. finally gave it a full spin.

son calling Swizz a b**** and saying “oh you fancy huh” is a ****ing bar. idc did idmfc :lol:
:lol: Swizz was wild for that.
Album is growing on me heavy, gets better with every spin. This guy does what he does well, no denying that.

Bro, we’re talking about the competition Drake has faced since 2009/2010. Not Kanye. We aren’t talking about Kanye. Someone said Drake is the best since 2010 (no qualms about it from me). However, is he big because the competition is great? Or is he big because the competition is below average? And in my opinion, especially with new hip hop fans, teens, 20s, etc who really don’t even care or notice it, that’s why he’s big. These kids only want viral music. He’s only big because of the competition being average as hell. Cole and Kendrick and Wale have always been better than Drake IMO. But again, the average rap fan who’s between the age of 18-32 really doesn’t care.

So he is crowned be default. Default of the masses not caring about the competition. People literally called Meek a bully and said beef has no place in hip hop... when beef has ALWAYS been a part of it. It just shows how out of touch these new fans are.

Drake is only huge because of hip hop has an influx of newer, younger fans. People ages 14-25.

I'm the one that said hes been at the top since 2010, but I agree with everything you said. In the Drake thread I said hes winning off volume. Cole, Kendrick and Wale always been better but Drakes been good enough and consistent enough to stay at the forefront of the genre. Kendrick disappears for years at a time, Cole keeps a low profile and Wale prolly raps better than all of them but doesn't seem interested in being at the top. That's not Drake being at the top by default or because of below average comps. He putting out playlist and features while his peers on sabbaticals.

Drakes contemporaries are literally Cole, Kendrick, and y’all saying he has no competition :lol:

Big, DMX, wu tang, Nas, Mobb Deep, Mase, 2pac, Snoop, Ice Cube, Busta Rhymes, Eminem, shoot, even dudes I didn’t name....

All these dudes had to battle for mainstream notoriety in the 90s. These just names off my dome.

Cole and Kendrick are only TWO rappers. See the difference? There was a gauntlet of real rappers to fight through.

This man Drake only had to compete against two guys :lol: :lol: :lol:

Big, DMX, wu tang, Nas, Mobb Deep, Mase, 2pac, Snoop, Ice Cube, Busta Rhymes, Eminem, shoot, even dudes I didn’t name....

All these dudes had to battle for mainstream notoriety in the 90s. These just names off my dome.

Cole and Kendrick are only TWO rappers. See the difference? There was a gauntlet of real rappers to fight through.

This man Drake only had to compete against two guys :lol: :lol: :lol:
Unpopular opinion:
Drake isn’t a rapper, he’s a pop star.

Back
Top Bottom