Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

Ma$e is a top tier d*ckhead when you really get into why he really went to do that “pastor” **** and why Puff won’t give him his pub.

:lol:

Wish he woulda let someone extort him for protection so we coulda got him on Neptunes, Just Blaze, Kanye, etc. beats. :lol:

Didn't mase leave Harlem because he slept with somebodies girl and homie wasn't for play play?

Her music was pop-ish and performance based and it was female driven. As her career went on she it got more R&B driven.

Mariah was the same way. I don't remember black girls playing her like that until her comeback album with Jermaine in 05.

I think the difference is Whitney came up under a traditional music structure and under 70 year old Clive Davis. So she was treated like singers from the 60's and 70's. They used the Diana Ross blueprint on how to build a singer. Even though she was 20 or whatever, she wasn't trying to appeal to the young demographic. By the mid to late 80's it was combining, which is funny since she married Bobby.

Janet had the Michael Jackson blueprint.

Mariah came up right after that, but came up under hip hop like Mary. Mariah went to black radio before crossing over, even though people didn't know what she was. By the mid 90's Mariah even thought he was still at her peak popularity she started incorporating more of a modern sound and more rap.

Whitney was helped a lot by soundtracks in the 90's that ingratiated her with us. I went back to try and listen to Whitney albums recently, and it was hard to do.

Didn't mase leave Harlem because he slept with somebodies girl and homie wasn't for play play?

Maine aka Baby J

I think it was more

Mase tried to play him

and both Pop Lotti and Maine ended up dead over Mase's bull****

Damn, I just listened to it for the first time in a long time. I can't believe he did some sucka **** like that and did a diss song to a non-rapper. What did he think was going to happen? He was going to run to the studio?

Last edited:
I think the difference is Whitney came up under a traditional music structure and under 70 year old Clive Davis. So she was treated like singers from the 60's and 70's. They used the Diana Ross blueprint on how to build a singer. Even though she was 20 or whatever, she wasn't trying to appeal to the young demographic. By the mid to late 80's it was combining, which is funny since she married Bobby.

Janet had the Michael Jackson blueprint.

Mariah came up right after that, but came up under hip hop like Mary. Mariah went to black radio before crossing over, even though people didn't know what she was. By the mid 90's Mariah even thought he was still at her peak popularity she started incorporating more of a modern sound and more rap.

Whitney was helped a lot by soundtracks in the 90's that ingratiated her with us. I went back to try and listen to Whitney albums recently, and it was hard to do.

I was looking at Whitney catalog last night and it threw me off cuz it was 8 years between 2 of her official albums. I was like that can't be true but she had The Bodyguard, Waiting To Exhale, Preachers Wife. soundtracks between them.

Maine aka Baby J

I think it was more

Mase tried to play him

and both Pop Lotti and Maine ended up dead over Mase's bull****

Damn, I just listened to it for the first time in a long time. I can't believe he did some sucka **** like that and did a diss song to a non-rapper. What did he think was going to happen? He was going to run to the studio?

Don't forget the skit 😂

Back
Top Bottom