Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

1663105469666.png

Yeah. Sucks, but that’s what it’s looking like.

Cas is a 2 time felon and he just plead guilty to this new case. So he’s looking like a repeat offender in a rico where he was at the top of the totem. Co d just got 20, he gets sentenced in November. He just gotta be prepared for the worst at that point.

I gotta look into his case, still don't know what exactly he was doing. How these _'s got time to record, interviews, appearances and run criminal operations.

Homie also wrong. The vid might be old but Cash already plead guilty.

I think they had him pretty dead to rights on the murder in like Florida or some ****.

Homie also wrong. The vid might be old but Cash already plead guilty.

I think they had him pretty dead to rights on the murder in like Florida or some ****.

That's still not something HE did. Cas was throwing up a gang sign, dude grabbed his hand, Cas said to dude "do wanna die" Dude started reaching then Cas man's shot him. That's from what I'm reading.

At this point, he's been mythologized to the point where his true ability as a lyricists, MC, and musician has become underrated. No one covered the spectrum fully of coming from the trenches better than him. This verse is so crazy man.

The ability to capture the life of a young ***** then bring it home at the end saying that's the only way they'll pay attention to us is just...peak rap.
Yea, whenever I hear anyone say Pac wasn’t a lyricist I just point them in the direction of “If I Die 2Nite” and that shuts them up in a hurry. But I think too many people think of being a lyricist in very narrow terms (punchlines, lyrical dexterity, rhyme structure, etc) when part of being lyrical is your CONTENT, and in this department he has very few equals.

Nah, All Eyez On Me is fine as is. It wouldn’t have had nearly the same impact or legacy as a single album. It’s The White Album of hip-hop, can’t imagine it any other way really.

Only songs I don't listen to is whatz ya phone # and heaven aint hard to find. For the longest I liked disc 1 better but it's something different about disc 2 when you riding around in something nice.

Disc 1 is slightly better, but not by nearly as much as some peeps think. Lots of bangers on Disc 2, with Holla At Me being my favorite. That Bobcat beat is just stupid Ill, and PAC’s delivery hits like a truck. Only songs I don’t mess with are Whatz Ya Phone # (it would actually be dope if the phone sex skit was left off), and Wonder Why They Call U…..Lots of classic underrated joints too like When We Ride, Tradin’ War Stories, Ain’t Hard 2 Find. This album is like the ultimate look into the man’s life and captures an cultural icon at the absolute zenith of his powers, all backed by top notch production and an all-star collaboration cast.

This truly is my “desert island” album, even if Makaveli is actually my personal favorite.

Last edited:
So they basically got nothing on Cas but he said she said

This is wild inaccurate

Just because they don't have a smoking gun with DNA doesn't mean they don't have evidence.

If they have people talking about you on wire taps and five people who ratted on you, saying you did that ****....you did that ****

Only songs I don't listen to is whatz ya phone # and heaven aint hard to find. For the longest I liked disc 1 better but it's something different about disc 2 when you riding around in something nice.

****** sleep on whatz ya phone#! Pac's flow and energy on this put me in a groove.
Could y'all imagine him performing this with Prince and The Time on stage?
The honeys woulda been fainting. Like Wavy said, Pac was really THE one.

Easily the most complete album he released.

Same could be said for All eyes on me if it was cut down to 1 disc.

Glad someone else said it. This is how I felt also.

I thought he was still growing as an artist, and he never had someone like Dre to oversea his project to make a Doggystyle, but Mak was his best overall and most complete.

I didn't like a lot of his production.

Well he was Tax's boy 🤷‍♂️

Smart dummies

A lot of ex cons do this though, they think that the cops/feds are going to be fooled by the front they put up and overlook all the other ****.

So it's hard to tell how much is real, and how much is the hustle.

****** sleep on whatz ya phone#! Pac's flow and energy on this put me in a groove.
Could y'all imagine him performing this with Prince and The Time on stage?
The honeys woulda been fainting. Like Wavy said, Pac was really THE one.
Yea if you take out the sex skit and put in a 3rd Pac verse, it would actually be pretty dope. I actually let the song play til that point. The beat is sick still, and despite its flaws it helps to complete him as an artist. Prince made TONS of sexual songs.

Glad someone else said it. This is how I felt also.

I thought he was still growing as an artist, and he never had someone like Dre to oversea his project to make a Doggystyle, but Mak was his best overall and most complete.

I didn't like a lot of his production.
You’re trippin if you dislike any of the production on All Eyez. I love Doggystyle as much as the next dude (I even got it in my top 10 fav albums) but it has absolutely nothing on All Eyez On Me, not musically and sure as hell not lyrically.

Back
Top Bottom