Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

****** sleep on whatz ya phone#! Pac's flow and energy on this put me in a groove.
Could y'all imagine him performing this with Prince and The Time on stage?
The honeys woulda been fainting. Like Wavy said, Pac was really THE one.
It just don't sound like the beat somebody should rap on. It's basically the same as what Prince did. If Johnny J slowed it down it probably woulda fit better.

Edit
Play it at 0.75, tell me that don't sound better. G-Funk all day.

Last edited:
All Eyes On Me was half filler
Haha, you wish it was. That’s a false narrative people been trying to push to discredit the album but no one was saying that when the album dropped.

Disc 1 itself > Doggystyle, and Disc 2 ain’t far behind it. I love Doggysyle as said before but it’s almost claustrophobic feeling when compared to the sheer scope of AEOM.

Haha, you wish it was. That’s a false narrative people been trying to push to discredit the album but no one was saying that when the album dropped.

Disc 1 itself > Doggystyle, and Disc 2 ain’t far behind it.

Dude, why are you arguing opinion?

You sound ****in silly.

Pac is one of the few hip hop artists that had enough versatility that could pull off a double album. And he did it exceptionally well. No way Snoop (even in his prime) could do it. Biggie and Wu pulled it off, but only after following PAC’s formula and the critical acclaim that All Eyez got were they brave enough to do it. And pretty much everyone else who attempted it fell flat on their face, lol.

Productions wise that album was a allstar production team. Daz, Dre, Quik. All them gave Pac fire. Johnny J is the lesser known of them and he had the best beats.

Easily the most complete album he released.

Same could be said for All eyes on me if it was cut down to 1 disc.
I gotta give Makaveli a listen again because I wasn’t feeling it the one time I did.

Me Against the World to me is his best album.

The “filler” tracks aren’t really fillers depending on your musical tastes.. cuz some of those female catered songs had some amazing production that made it easy to just go along with the song playing

Productions wise that album was a allstar production team. Daz, Dre, Quik. All them gave Pac fire. Johnny J is the lesser known of them and he had the best beats.
This. And even the lesser known guys like Doug Rasheed, Mike Mosley, and Bobcat all produced fire.

I like Bobcats beat on Holla At Me more than either Dre beat on the album, which is saying something.

Anyways, I come from a very musical household, my dad was an engineer who had one of the most prominent recording studios in Hollywood, who recorded with many top people in the musical industry including Dolly Parton, Madonna and Michael Jackson….so, I have a very good ear for how well a musical composition is produced, recorded and engineered. And I can safely say All Eyez is a top notch recording ALL the way through, by any musical standard. Like it or not, it IS one of the top 5 best produced rap albums ever from a purely technical standpoint.

How many did Daz, Dre, Devante and Quik do?

Like 10 records put together and like I said Johnny J had even better beats. Picture Me Rollin, All Eyez On Me, Ain't Hard To Find (Mike Mosely) are the best beats on the album. That westcoast mobstyle sound is timeless. Maybe that ain't your thing.

Anyways, I come from a very musical household, my dad was an engineer who recorded with many top people in the musical industry including Dolly Parton, Madonna and Michael Jackson….so, I have a very good ear for how well a musical composition is produced, recorded and engineered. And I can safely say All Eyez is a top notch recording ALL the way through, by any musical standard.

:rofl:

OK Goofy Jones

Yeah, I'm going to like an album, based on your dad working with ****in Dolly Parton. I'm going to base my opinions and taste based on that ****.

Like 10 records put together and like I said Johnny J had even better beats. Picture Me Rollin, All Eyez On Me, Ain't Hard To Find (Mike Mosely) are the best beats on the album. That westcoast mobstyle sound is timeless. Maybe that ain't your thing.
This is what I’m saying. If that style isn’t your thing, not much I can say to counter that cause tastes are very subjective. But I’m speaking from an OBJECTIVE technical perspective.

Back
Top Bottom