Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

Nas fans,

Where we ranking the intros of KD series/Magic?

KD1 is last, but the other three I feel are pretty interchangeable. Speechless and Pressure are both great in very different ways, and I’m loving Ghetto Reporter.
I actually got pressure last

1. speechless
2. ghetto reporter
3. King’s disease
4. pressure

Kd1 was a damn warmup.

Nas was outta shape on that one.

Its cool he droppin like the young boys, its def unexpected from him but nothin he’s released in the past year or so is a classic album.

Excluding kd1, definitely solid efforts.

None were as potent as 444 or what jay did on electronica album.

And, while im on it, hit boys ok. Thats where it stops.
KD2 and 3 are better than 444 and Written Testimony.

KD2 and 3 are better than 444 and Written Testimony.
1668353598843.gif

It is - redundant material; they’re a few cuts on there. His other albums were better.

Same with this KD series - a few good cuts but his other albums were better.
I respect it. Music is subjective at the end of the day. Agree to disagree.

I fw with sss and kd3 heavy, two Of my favorites this year.

Nas=Kendrick, Both make music with themes I can relate to more but, more often then not it’s Boring
Drake=Hov, both got some glaring character flaws but overall they make better music then the two above.

Kendrick is the Black eminem. Take that for what it’s worth.

I clown Drake a lot. He has great ghost writers, a master of biting styles, and will probably go to the grave with identity issues. That said the final product he puts out is usually better then Kendrick’s. I’ll acknowledge Kendrick has a Bonafide classic with GKMC which despite coming close, Drake doesn’t have.

Nas=Kendrick, Both make music with themes I can relate to more but, more often then not it’s Boring
Drake=Hov, both got some glaring character flaws but overall they make better music then the two above.
JayZ doesn't have 100 ghostwriters. Drake is more of a lyrical Nelly.

Edit: before I get quoted, Nelly has even admitted himself that he.got a.lot of help with his songs from the St. Lunatics, specifically Ali

Does anyone know where this full video is? :lol: Irv and Meth in the background chilling

This is why I just want Meg to rap, instead of just running to Twitter

Jay and the bad rhythmless singer don't belong in the same sentence

Back
Top Bottom