Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

YSL the label, and YSL the gang are definitely two different things tho.

The YSL “gang” **** is mostly from before Gunna even signed/clicked up with thug. He’d been a Shady Park, rollin 60 crip. That his “gang”, if he was going to renounce one. Same with Duke, Baby, Pewee etc. Them dudes were known gang members/street dudes etc before rap.

He got caught up on some rapper ****, (drugs/guns in another whip) and they tied that to his case. Imagine if they hit 300 ENT (or their parent co) with a RICO :lol:. They are well aware their artist are doing illegal **** on the daily, but fund them. Can’t go for 300, so get “YSL” and tie it in. Much, MUCH easier.

To keep it a bean, Gunna is the one who really shouldn’t have been brought in on the RICO ****. He really signed as an artist. But his name was big, and he ended up copping that plea. We will see what comes from it, but it LOOKS like telling on the surface.

So we will see! The commentary on this has been wild to see. Because that one video, made dudes do a compete 180 :lol:. It was “welcome home Gunna” until they see what really goes on in a court room/docs.

I think a lot of fans have a fantasy idea about the courts, and what goes on. Killers turn into school boys with good grammar when the judge face em, more often than not.

But these rappers been lying to and misleading the fans and blurring the lines for so long, that nobody knows what anything is anymore :

But you can't admit in court that YSL is a music label and a gang.

He probably shouldn't have been brought in as far doing criminal acts but when you got the Slatt finger tat doing the signs you apart of this now in the eye of law enforcement and they used him to further the case. This man got out and still talking crip. Talking about "bacc". He should never use double c's the rest of his life.

That video really did flip the script for Gunna. The optics of it were wild as hell!

Like others have said, a few other dudes in YSL agreed to the same plea (including Thug’s own blood brother) but they’re not catching the same flack because the videos aren’t out there.

That “Yes, Ma’am” sequence sounded crazy. :smh:

Last edited:
My whole thing is they're not gonna let him go for nothing. If that's the case they woulda let Gunna live. They brought him in for reason and it worked. He gave and owes them information. That's the deal.

That video really did flip the script for Gunna. The optics of it were wild as hell!

Like others have said, a few other dudes in YSL agreed to the same plea, but they’re not catching the same flack because the videos aren’t out there.

Isn't he the biggest name/most famous out of all those dudes? I don't even know who the hell those other people are

Like others have said, a few other dudes in YSL agreed to the same plea (including Thug’s own blood brother) but they’re not catching the same flack because the videos aren’t out there.

Why would they? Those people don't have millions of fans that would talk about anything they did anyway :lol: This is only newsworthy because of the 2 high profile rappers involved.

Isn't he the biggest name/most famous out of all those dudes? I don't even know who the hell those other people are

Why would they? Those people don't have millions of fans that would talk about anything they did anyway :lol: This is only newsworthy because of the 2 high profile rappers involved.

This is true, and comes with the territory….but the optics of it, did him in (as far as public perception goes).

It was a whole lot of “Welcome Home Gunna” and claps and applause when the story first came out that he just took a plea (even with the written transcript of what he said, in the plea) :lol:. People don’t read anymore already.

But a video in a court room took it to something else. Especially when the majority of fans/people in the media have this idea that (perpetuated by rappers ironically) that you sit in court with your arms folded, and tell the judge they a ***** :lol:.

Most dudes turn super polite when in front of that judge/courts and lawyers. It’s alot of parts people don’t see, before they come home. Gunna was banking on that.

Yup, you wanna hide something then put it in writing :lol:. The video “sunk” Gunna. Honestly, the video is kinda funny as **** too. All the yes ma’m and YSL is a gang and it must end :rofl: :rofl:

Remind me of some of them Bubbadub94 snitching skits :lol:

I was listening to Lemonade yesterday, and the Gunna bar about never turning on his brother if the police detained made me chuckle… did I turn off the song in protest? No. I think a lot of people talking about dude would do the exact same thing if placed in that position.

Don’t do the crime if you can’t do the time.

I was listening to Lemonade yesterday, and the Gunna bar about never turning on his brother if the police detained made me chuckle… did I turn off the song in protest? No. I think a lot of people talking about dude would do the exact same thing if placed in that position.

Don’t do the crime if you can’t do the time.

Alot of people talking don't claim Rollin 60s :lol:

All Gunna need is designer drip, tree, syrup, and fire production. He already passed the phase of needing cosigns and has proven he can stand on his own musically.

I do agree if Thug doesn't stamp him that will be a big L. But he made the choices that got himself into this situation so he gotta live with how it plays out.

Akademiks and the like are just using this story for views and clicks, they definitely making it worse. Something else will happen and the heat will die down.

I definitely see Gunna doing a one on one interview with Charlamagne and his lawyer really tryna explain everything.

Most dudes turn super polite when in front of that judge/courts and lawyers. It’s alot of parts people don’t see, before they come home. Gunna was banking on that.
This is how you know most of the people on the internet commenting are green. They expect these dudes to be rah rah in front of the judge and are surprised when they see cats are extra polite. Of course you're gonna be polite, this person can set you free or slap another 20 on your sentence.

Alot of people talking don't claim Rollin 60s :lol:

It’s amazing people keep glancing over that part like someone forced him to not just be B.o.B. Ludacris Wale or whatever non street rapper with autotune and designer clothes. It’s only a certain lane of rappers that “snitching” can hurt lol

1674016694959.png

Back
Top Bottom