Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

I know people want it to be Kendrick but it's undeniably Drake.

How is a guy that DOESN’T even write his own lyrics the top dog in hip hop right now. I would much rather hear you and anyone that believes Drake is the top dog to say that you either don’t care about hip hop or that you simply don’t know the origin/history.

Unfortunately for you and others………..I CARE. That’s the problem nowadays, we have been infiltrated by a large number of folks that simply have no care and or love for hip hop and haven’t learned the history. Folks think it’s acceptable to have a guy simping and singing on the mic that can’t write a bar if his life depended on it. To that I say not just no…….but hell no. In order for us as hip hop fans to start receiving better…….we have to demand and request better. I want you and others to want better than Drake. Believe it or not even a guy like YOU deserves better than that champ.

How is a guy that DOESN’T even write his own lyrics the top dog in hip hop right now. I would much rather hear you and anyone that believes Drake is the top dog to say that you either don’t care about hip hop or that you simply don’t know the origin/history.

Unfortunately for you and others………..I CARE. That’s the problem nowadays, we have been infiltrated by a large number of folks that simply have no care and or love for hip hop and haven’t learned the history. Folks think it’s acceptable to have a guy simping and singing on the mic that can’t write a bar if his life depended on it. To that I say not just no…….but hell no. In order for us as hip hop fans to start receiving better…….we have to demand and request better. I want you and others to want better than Drake. Believe it or not even a guy like YOU deserves better than that champ.
Bro I care about this art just as much as you but let's be honest the masses don't.

If drake's biggest knock is ability to craft a song on his own I'd argue that many of the greats have had assistance with their pen. I'd also argue that drake has written for others. While he might use ideas or concepts from others I do believe that the talent overall comes from him. I was never gonna check for Quentin Miller.

What drake has brought the genre is often overlooked but let's be honest he opened the ears for many including myself to that UK drill sound, an artist like weekend, and many many others. First time I heard future drake was standing next to him. That's all I'm saying.

Bro I care about this art just as much as you but let's be honest the masses don't.

If drake's biggest knock is ability to craft a song on his own I'd argue that many of the greats have had assistance with their pen. I'd also argue that drake has written for others. While he might use ideas or concepts from others I do believe that the talent overall comes from him. I was never gonna check for Quentin Miller.

What drake has brought the genre is often overlooked but let's be honest he opened the ears for many including myself to that UK drill sound, an artist like weekend, and many many others. First time I heard future drake was standing next to him. That's all I'm saying.

Regarding the UK drill sound………since we are coming off of restaurant month in New York just because there’s a new item on the menu doesn’t mean it’s good, and certainly doesn’t mean it’s going to last for long. Just a little food for thought champ.

Regarding the UK drill sound………since we are coming off of restaurant month in New York just because there’s a new item on the menu doesn’t mean it’s good, and certainly doesn’t mean it’s going to last for long. Just a little food for thought champ.
There's a good number of us that actually **** with the man dem flows. Drake was instrumental in the exposure to that sound on this side of the world.

The genre itself doesn't need drake but I'm sure that there are a ton of artist that are thankful he shed light some of their work.

“These are the last days, but do i seem phased? Showed up to the LAST SUPPER inna new pair of jays”

The prophecy continues…

Every time I go to Tyson’s now I just say wtf was this ***** thinking?? Were you going to murder him in the mall?
Guy up here did that like 10yrs ago (crazy it's been that long). Killed two, injured a handful. They used PTSD as his defense, but that case different. The guys he killed had set him up months prior. Tortured him, stabbed him and left him for dead in an abandoned building. Dude manages to somehow get out the building and collapses on a main street where a random passerby helps him. Think he was originally convicted of 2nd degree but they appealed and they gave him manslaughter. I remember that, was crazy. Esp at that mall.

Guy up here did that like 10yrs ago (crazy it's been that long). Killed two, injured a handful. They used PTSD as his defense, but that case different. The guys he killed had set him up months prior. Tortured him, stabbed him and left him for dead in an abandoned building. Dude manages to somehow get out the building and collapses on a main street where a random passerby helps him. Think he was originally convicted of 2nd degree but they appealed and they gave him manslaughter. I remember that, was crazy. Esp at that mall.
Damn.... That defense wild but I'm not mad at my man for really being about that On Sight life. Sometimes the beef is that deep.

Damn.... That defense wild but I'm not mad at my man for really being about that On Sight life. Sometimes the beef is that deep.
Ya I think they said he just blacked out when he saw them. It was a chance encounter, he was at the mall with his girl and they were there too. It's a huge mall right in the middle of downtown.

Honestly, the dude that Savage was shooting at ain’t even worth it. But then again Savage like 22-23. Active Balla is a wack rapper from Simple City who could never be on Savage level. Rappers not named Shy Glizzy or Fat Trel, No Savage is the next best in the DMV and honestly better than Fat Trel nowadays. I hate he might have killed his career cause his tapes go.

It's obviously a reason you still knew them bars... ****** not fronting on Em on my watch not a nan nother day 😤😤
1676512007054.jpeg

It was the beat. I think it was soul caliber. Captain car goon kept it on repeat. He won’t even touch whitey no more post 04

Back
Top Bottom