Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

Like who?

Nas comes to mind. And plenty other legends of his time tbh. In his day, he simply had better rhymes than *****’s, the lyrics was there. Dude flow was effortless. Str8 water. He had IT.

Been listening to dude off the strength of his vs vids with jay that surfaced recently.

We talk about what big and pac woulda done and how they woulda changed the landscape of hiphop had they lived. The same applies to mase had he stuck around. I dont really hear people talk about the impact he wouldve had on the game if he didnt take that hiatus but lets be clear, if mase dropped albums between 99 and 2003, theyd be classics by now. Dude was like that.

Just a random thought i had goin back in time a lil bit. Just feel like he’s a hiphop what if story thats never really spoke on.

remember really wanting that gunit release to happen too…

Last edited:
I'm watching Wayne's video A Millie and who do I see

1706575323305.png

Sandpaper face himself

I don't pay attention to Nicki or meg enough to really weigh in on this but from the raps I heard I think Nicki"s diss was actually better.

Meg didn't do a bad job but she was clearly firing at more than one person. Nicki's direct shots were appreciated.

Yep. It was corny and cringey as hell, she stooped pretty low unnecessarily but based off of pure disses…

Anyways

the music is a different discussion. Ehhh, kinda.

Technically, he was a better RHYMER than nas. And appeal counts for something. His raps were WAY more enjoyable than nas’ but not just nas, several other rappers at that time, of that ilk.

Mase album wise, doesnt have the track record of nas bc he left too quick. He loses that by default really.

Push **** wit mase heavy.

Em **** wit mase heavy.

Ye **** wit mase heavy.

Fab dude son fr.

All that off one album? What coulda been? All im saying.

Technically, he was a better RHYMER than nas. And appeal counts for something. His raps were WAY more enjoyable than nas’ but not just nas, several other rappers at that time, of that ilk.

Mase album wise, doesnt have the track record of nas bc he left too quick. He loses that by default really.
A better rhymer than Nas 🤣🤣 c'mon mane. And appeal like how Nas had the gangsters playas ladies and ogs rocking with him.

Em **** wit mase heavy.

Ye **** wit mase heavy.

Fab dude son fr.

He has one of the best rapping styles in rap, ever, which is probably the most important thing in rap as a whole

One album and he influenced all the people you named

When you really notice it sometimes it’s hard not to hear Mase inflection in a random Pusha or Kanye verse

Dude is confusing. he never went on a real rap run but can come back and cuss, say ***** and make adult-ish jokes lol (assuming he didn’t rap because of the religion ****)

As a big Mase fan, yall giving him way too much credit.

Welcome Back album was terrible and I was hype for that bull****. Should have known when he said no cursing.

I wanted that G Unit album real bad. He was dope on the soundtrack.

Em **** wit mase heavy.

Ye **** wit mase heavy.

Fab dude son fr.

ADVERTISEMENT​

Yeah I agree with most of this but that don't make him better than Nas. Even when Nas "fell off" Nas Is Like is better than any Mase record.

Nas comes to mind. And plenty other legends of his time tbh. In his day, he simply had better rhymes than *****’s, the lyrics was there. Dude flow was effortless. Str8 water. He had IT.

Been listening to dude off the strength of his vs vids with jay that surfaced recently.

We talk about what big and pac woulda done and how they woulda changed the landscape of hiphop had they lived. The same applies to mase had he stuck around. I dont really hear people talk about the impact he wouldve had on the game if he didnt take that hiatus but lets be clear, if mase dropped albums between 99 and 2003, theyd be classics by now. Dude was like that.

Just a random thought i had goin back in time a lil bit. Just feel like he’s a hiphop what if story thats never really spoke on.

remember really wanting that gunit release to happen too…
Whatever you smokin I don’t want it 😂

Benzino’s being the better of the two disses that dropped last night is so damn funny

Didn’t even know this was a thing, both songs trash but made me laugh.

Benzino talking about Jim Crow made me laugh but when he mentioned Proof, I was like damn. That’s wild.

Benzino diss sound better because he rapped on one of the hardest beats of all time but won’t ever hear these songs again.

Back
Top Bottom