Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

Last week’s filings targeted only with the three recent trademark applications, but Hugo’s case could potentially expand beyond them. That’s because Pharrell’s company already successfully registered The Neptunes name as a trademark for musical sound recordings, and has another pending application to register the name for clothing and other merch.

In his filing last week, Hugo’s lawyers said that the trademark registrations covering sound recordings “and possibly others” would be subject to a future legal action aimed at having them voided.

this sound like Pharrell tryna own the name outright
At least until he and Chad reconcile their differences. My thinking is that Pharrell is using his own LLC to avoid a third party swooping in while they hash it out. He didn’t apply under the Neptune’s LLC initially because he probably needs Chad’s cosign who clearly doesn’t agree with something. Probably got some big licensing offers on the table and wants to avoid another complication.

I’m not ready to call Pharrell a snake based on the info released. It’s ok to have disagreements with friends and partners. Sucks when it goes public but that doesn’t mean there is a bad guy or victim.

At least until he and Chad reconcile their differences. My thinking is that Pharrell is using his own LLC to avoid a third party swooping in while they hash it out. He didn’t apply under the Neptune’s LLC initially because he probably needs Chad’s cosign who clearly doesn’t agree with something. Probably got some big licensing offers on the table and wants to avoid another complication.

I’m not ready to call Pharrell a snake based on the info released. It’s ok to have disagreements with friends and partners. Sucks when it goes public but that doesn’t mean there is a bad guy or victim.
1712091096143.png

agreed. Pharrell has always made it clear that Chad is the real musical genius behind Neptunes and has always given his props. has to be something behind the scenes that we don’t know about.

Pusha saying a whole bunch of nothing. It’s always about money. Chad’s lawyer said previous offers of co-ownership included “onerous business terms” that would limit Chad’s control and compensation.

Not mad at Pharell feeling entitled to a 60/40 split if the data shows his solo ventures boost the Neptunes-related streams. Also not mad at Chad saying he wants 50/50 or to take a lump sum payout for the music now. Again, just my speculation.

Pusha saying a whole bunch of nothing. It’s always about money. Chad’s lawyer said previous offers of co-ownership included “onerous business terms” that would limit Chad’s control and compensation.

Not mad at Pharell feeling entitled to a 60/40 split if the data shows his solo ventures boost the Neptunes-related streams. Also not mad at Chad saying he wants 50/50 or to take a lump sum payout for the music now. Again, just my speculation.

I took it out my post because of profanity but apparently Chad has health issues (go peep his interviews these past few years)

and is being taken advantage of by his lawyers and wife, someone on another forum I’m on posted a screenshot with that info. Could of course not be true.

Last edited:
First thing they do when they try to take your money is say you're unwell could be P, could be the fam...sucks that all parties involved are doing him dirty

They don't know each other numbers? text? hell, e-mail?

They don't know each other numbers? text? hell, e-mail?
Just because I made music with you in a basement 30 years ago doesn’t make us BFFs.
Sounds like this has been going on for a while and finally boiled over. Billboard got wind of the filings and then got statements from both sides.

I’m just not rolling with the “poor Chad, evil Pharrell” narrative. He’s not some damn hostage to his lawyer or wife :lol:. Again, it’s normal to have disagreements and fallouts especially with millions involved.

Lowkey forgot about Chance. He was damn near a promoted as a contender for "Big 3" not that long ago.
Sad for chance man. I hate to say it but his love for his wife somewhat detailed his career. He used that first official album to promote the **** out of his love for her and their family situation. It's been all bad for my man musically ever since.

I still think had chance never strayed from the artistic direction of Acid Raps he would've been a lot bigger.

Back
Top Bottom