Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

Thoroughly enjoying this roasting….

This dude done caused people to bring his mother into this

FB_IMG_1712329482124.jpg

:lol:

Forget the last track, actually listened to the album/ep or whatever they wanna call it and def solid, similar vibez as off season so if you like that, this is solid, especially lyrically

Intro
Crocidile tearz
Ready
Hyb
Pi

The standouts to me, has anyone listened outside the last track yet?

I been on a trip to India last 2 weeks, have 0 clue what has been going on in states but today had a chill day to catchup
Yup after one listen my top 3 are

Ready 24
Stick n stonez
Pi (Cole went insane )

I'm interested in what Cole would respond with from a braggadocio standpoint. How creative can he get considering the outcomes of their careers thus far.

Makes me think about Cole's verse on the TKO remix.
Welp, Cole showed me not very creative at all.

Here is my biggest issue with the response. None of it sounds genuine, it's almost like he was searching Twitter to find something to say about Dot. All the album talk could apply to Cole outside of the classic piece. Cole doesn't have a undeniable classic, the closest projects are arguable amongst the people. I'm a huge fan of FHD btw. All Cole can lean on is his feature run which is great but his overall catalog is iffy. And the nerve of him to call somebody's music boring when that's been the running joke about his music for years (I've always disagreed with this but understood the perspective).

I haven't heard the rest of the project yet but I'm sure it's pretty good. Unfortunately, it may be overshadowed by this ok response. I'd rather him release this song separate from the project.

That not hearing someone "outside" is overblown. Them selling out tours is the real indicator of fandom.

I can agree with that. I listen to mostly Curren$y and Larry June, Big Krit, Dave East so you dont hear them at all.

I'm just saying TPAB won awards but was boring lol
I'm a Cole fan 4 your eyes only is boring lol

I was responding to "nobody is playing TPAB" and indeed nobody is playing it lol :lol:

Y’all sleep

I liked the album, it’s hard but you could cut 3-5 songs off it.

That not hearing someone "outside" is overblown. Them selling out tours is the real indicator of fandom.

I’m tired of this saying also. Why would you hear lyrical music at a party or in a lounge? You rarely do because of all the simple dumbed down music out here today. 90s had lyrics and content in their party music, not today.

I hate this new thinking that if twerkers and scammers don't play your music = black people don't play your music.

It’s wild to say that only yt folks like a pro black *** album. We got a larger problem if that was even true, which it’s not.

The Cole "diss" is mid but his response puts Kendrick in an interesting position. He can't do what he did with Control and not respond back. If so, I'll look at Kdot differently.

Nah we here now. This what Kendrick been baiting for years now. We in the middle of it. Weak cats on the sidelines(drake)
He been baiting Drake and Big Sean to a lesser degree. I may have missed it but I never really heard too many Cole shots.

Back
Top Bottom